RMN GAMMA WORLD RPG

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
"What do you do here? This is a lighthouse, right? Or used to be, at least?"
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Professor Scrui settles in on a nearby comfortable arm chair and lights another cigarette. As you all come familiar with the room, you find it to be a sort of living room with a fireplace; stinkworm fur on the floor, elf head mounted on the wall, wallpaper peeling mahogany, tables stretched across the floor here and there, and sofa with a blanket on it.
On each of the tables (there's 4) you see a wide assortment of tubes, vials, beakers, solutions, sparking electric diodes, and all manner of things a 1940's movie mad scientist might require to raise the dead.
On the fireplace you find smoked haddock. There is a weeks' supply in jars, and those of you who partake in the rudimentary function of digestion are quickly filled up.
From his chair, a threadbare thing with many burnt patches, Scru tries to explain, though he is audible exhausted from this exchange.
"Norvack's my... How do I put this delicately? H-he's my boss, you might say."
Looking up to Phase, Scru continues while indignantly scratching his chin in a provocative manner.
"This? What's a lighthouse? I was set up here because I needed the fresh air. This is Norvack's Keep. U-up above is Blodclöt's Observatory, and down below, well--w-w-wait a sec! W-where'd you come from? D-didn't y-y-you come from below?"
In a flash, Scru leapt from his chair, and pushed past Ser and Shadow to look out of the room's lone window near the fireplace. It overlooked the dock your boat is tied to.
"O-o-oh shi--y'mean t-to tell me, you three are from out THERE? Out on the o-ocean?! T-that's impossible! T-there's nothing out there! Norvack herself told me so!"
Crumbling backwards, Scru began hitting himself in the head. "Stupid, stupid! Y'know, Scrui, you're a r-real meathead! Y'bought it all! Hook line and sinker! Oh, this is bad!"
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sounds like this building connects to a pretty big underground area, if it's big enough that you don't know everyone down there.

I inspect some of the more impressive machinery, trying to figure out what it does. I am curious about the world, fascinated by new experiences, and don't have a very healthy sense of self-preservation. It takes all my willpower not to start changing the dials.

I ask, without looking up from the gadgets, "Can we meet Norvack?"
Oh boy, that's... quite a lie that Norvack told Scrui... I'll try to comfort Scrui and calm him down a bit.

So, uh, I suppose I'll just go along with whatever you guys are doing. Though, uh, I don't know if we really want to meet Norvack, she doesn't seem particularly... trustworthy...
That must suck, getting lied to your whole life :/
Dudesoft
Haha, so many delays with my games. Mind if we chill while I mafia?
LockeZ
I'm renaming you to Delaysoft.

Actually, on second thought, I'm reserving the right to name my software company that if I ever start one.

But yeah, whatever, Mafia will take less than a week.
Dudesoft
Alright, where were we? Ah, yes... Scrui the scientist weirdo being lied to about the ocean.

Pinching his snout, Scrui begins to waddle around the room, while Shadow tries to chill him out.
From across the small room, Scrui hears Phase say, "Can we meet Norvack?" and is startled again.
"M-meet, N-Norvack? I... suppose! I don't s-see why not? Are you here to further her research? She's always looking for more scientists Below... If you want to get there, though, I dunno... You'll have to talk to Blodclöt, up one floor. He's the Keeper of the Keys here, in the upper decks. Just, don't get on his bad side, alright? If you do, I'll n-never hear the end of it!"
"His... 'Bad Side'? Ooh, this Blodclöt guy sounds a bit scary. But, if you guys really want to meet Norvack, I guess we can go see him..."

I'll do whatever you guys want.
LockeZ
Without so much as glancing in the direction of Scrui or my companions, I turn the most important-looking dial or lever as far as it will go on one of Scrui's weird machines, and immediately start walking away from it and head upstairs before waiting to see what happens.

(I roll a 10 for mechanics to figure out which control knob is most likely to drive Scrui up the wall if I mess with it)
That's rather mean of you.
LockeZ
It's just to keep him busy. If this turns into a fight, I'd rather not fight both of them at once.
I don't see why Scrui would want to fight us anyway. Unless, you know, he was provoked by people messing with his equipment. :^)
This Scrui guy doesn't really like the people he's with, so it's unlikely he'll help them if we end up getting into a fight.
LockeZ
I dunno. He seems pretty brainwashed.

Also, I kind of just wanted to mess with his stuff.
Dudesoft
Electrical currents begin to pulse, tracing arcs between two antenna. A pipe begins to steam and a series of vials begin to boil. As Phase leaves the room, with Shadow and Ser standing there beside a befuddled Scrui, the last bottle in a line of equipment bursts, sending blue glop all over the place.
Shadow and Ser, roll 1d20 for Reflex (plus your Reflex score... 12 for Shadow, 14 for Ser)
Scrui rolls a 1.

The stairs up, spiral around the lighthouse column as expected, but instead of ending at another platform with a door, there is a door in the ceiling.
Roll strength check to continue up. If you wish to stealth as well, roll a subsequent stealth check.
LockeZ
I roll a 17 for a strength check.

No stealth. I really want information out of this guy more than anything.

Hopefully you guys are coming? I wouldn't worry about Scrui too much. He's been managing this equipment for a long time, and maybe for his entire life; he'll get it under control eventually.

I yell back down the stairs, "Come on."
LockeZ
Oh dear, I'd forgotten about this.

Right, I roll 13 for Reflex. I assume this means I dodged the goo flying everywhere? I certainly hope so.

"Shade! You meanie! So rude!
Hey, where are you going? Wait for me! "
Dudesoft
Count down to rolling a 1 for A random game maker! Tick tick tick tick!