ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS IN A BAD FINANCIAL SITUATION?

Pages: first prev 123 last
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=nurvuss
author=Davenport
Furthermore high-school dropouts have no business in college.
Those are strong words. I dropped out of high-school. Through no choice of my own--I was moving from one country to another with my family and I was unable to re-start high school because of this. I've got a Bachelor's degree with honours and I'm writing my Master's dissertation now.

I was taken aback by his comment, too. Wouldn't he have been a favorite among...

No, no, no...I wasn't going to respond to that comment because I knew I would go there and I'm going to refrain now.
The way certain big businesses, and banks are these days, they have certainly meaninglessly destroyed the world in a slow-motion pace. Detroit is a prime example of it.
@Davenport:

That was a really rude thing to say, just because someone drops out don't make them a nobody. You have no clue on the reason people do that, it's not always because they don't want to do anything. I went back, but I did drop out in 9th grade. Not only that people can change. So before you go throwing stones, make sure your in check first.
I'm sorry if anyone took this the wrong way.
I meant delinguents, business majors and smart-asses who act like pre-schoolers
and exploit their way through life. They don't deserve to be promoted at all
while I struggled.
author=Davenport
I'm sorry if anyone took this the wrong way.
I meant delinguents, business majors and smart-asses who act like pre-schoolers
and exploit their way through life. They don't deserve to be promoted at all
while I struggled.

That's a bit selfish don't you think. Saying someone don't deserve to better them self because they started out worse then you. I'd say more power to them. That just means they pushed themselves and learned from the mistakes.
Right, I agree. It's just the way it sounded from what he typed.

EDIT: I think stated somewhere at the start of this. I have a friend that quit high school and his one job makes a tad more then both mine combined. So I certainly see where he's coming from.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
In life, people don't always get choices. People will tell you that life isn't fair, but that's just a cop out. Life is neither fair or unfair. Life is arbitrary. It's people who choose to be fair or unfair.

High school and college are not one-size-fits-all educations. They're not for everybody, and one of the greatest faults of our society is that forces or attempts to force absolutely everybody to adhere to this one standard (and where there are alternatives, society does it's best to hide or destroy those alternatives). Albert Einstein flunked high school. Bill Gates dropped out. Let's not forget that more than 30 of our 44 presidents never even attended high school, having been taught by private tutors. No, high school is not for everyone. It's not even really a very good education, laced with a healthy dose of propaganda (you DO know that Betsy Ross not only did not create this nation's flag, but she probably never even met George Washington, whose father didn't even have a cherry tree), and geared towards repetition and social order (why do you suppose most people end up working in cubicles?).

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I have it good. 3 meals a day, and I even get student loan. I'm happy with what I have. Soon I'll finish study and be able to make my own money. I'm happy my mum and dad make enough to feed my mouth and that they love me enough to keep doing it.
author=CashmereCat
I have it good. 3 meals a day, and I even get student loan. I'm happy with what I have. Soon I'll finish study and be able to make my own money. I'm happy my mum and dad make enough to feed my mouth and that they love me enough to keep doing it.

Parents are always (usually) going to want to keep supporting their children. At some point the person needs to break away from that. By having everything handed to you all the time, it really teaches nothing. In your case that's fine, you're going to school. All to often are there lazy people that choose to mooch off their parents when they know damn well they can do it on their own. That's um, what do they call it... oh yeah, growing up.
What about people with disablities?
Einstein could not even find a minimum-wage job on his own
even after he graduated from the polytechnic university.
He had no choice but to live with his parents.
I find the term "mooch" to be a strength rather than a weakness.
In that regard, I don't take back any of my comments.
author=Davenport
What about people with disablities?
Einstein could not even find a minimum-wage job on his own
even after he graduated from the polytechnic university.
He had no choice but to live with his parents.
I find the term "mooch" to be a strength rather than a weakness.
In that regard, I don't take back any of my comments.

Wow, you're saying it's ok to mooch off of people... you're not right. If someone can do things on their own, you're saying it's ok to just be lazy if someone is willing to let them.

Having to be a mooch and wanting to, are two different things.
I feel also broke for a few times but life must go on. Life is hard but we need to keep on moving. Always remember that God is our remedy
Pages: first prev 123 last