METAL GEAR FAN REMAKE IS ON THE WAY (HAS BEEN APPROVED BY KONAMI!)

Pages: 1
What Konami seems to understand, and other companies fail to, is that not only allowing fan games to continue, but also giving them their blessing, provides publicity to the company and their games.

Sure, if Konami had been planning to remake the game themselves, they may have had a difference of opinion, but they've moved on the MGS series a long time ago. But Outer Heaven is remaking an old NES game that is barely available to the masses and that Konami probably no longer makes a profit from, or has much interest in.

Even the old Enix understood this. That's why we have Dragon's Den, and from what I recall they're aware that people use their old NES rips and audio in these fan games. It's a great way to get fans involved and happy, and even encourages them to go out and buy the legit products as well.

Too bad Square never realized this when they shut down the CT project years back.
author=amerk
Too bad Square never realized this when they shut down the CT project years back.

It's probably because Chrono Trigger is still profitable. They re-release that damn game every few years or so.

Kudos to Konami, though! They've now joined the ranks of Capcom and Valve as decent developers who don't condemn fangames. More developers should follow in their footsteps.
Konami should give the OK for somebody cool for a Suikoden fangame!

They shouldn't because the lore would get fucked up and they should just focus on their own Suikoden-styled game like Exit Fate
i am pretty sure kojima approves of legion saga
I think somebody out there did do a Suikoden Fan-game, but I long since lost that website page.
You mean Exit Fate? Yeah, it was pretty awesome!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Of course, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Unsure, I know it was in the Suikoden World. That's all I remembered.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
We really need a Twinbee fangame. That's one of the major franchises that I want to see come back from Konami.

This is cool, though.
Hopefully konami will a prove my suikoden iv demake:Suikoden IV Demake Razril test: http://youtu.be/TuznoZEI_eg

It's in a very early stage.
Hopefully konami will a prove my suikoden iv demake:Suikoden IV Demake Razril test: http://youtu.be/TuznoZEI_eg

It's in a very early stage.
I am adding 6 party battle, a deeper story, and other features found in suikoden 1, 2 , 3 and 5.
(Never mind. Didn't notice an old topic being necroposted...)
Pages: 1