TOP TEN TOPIC: SUPERHERO MOVIES

Pages: 1
Since demondestiny is in Egypt or something the first Gust Top 10 is delayed. To tide you over, here's:

..:: Top 10 List of Favorite Superhero Movies ::..

I'll make my list later this afternoon. (Iron Man is on it!)

*NOTE*

Feel free to post in any of the previous Top 10 topics! Necroposting does not apply to these topics by decree of Junior Executive Vice President kentona ESQ.

Previous Top Ten Topics:
Week 40: Top 10 Games You'd Like To See Made
Week 39: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Heroes
Week 38: Top 10 Songs you'd like to see in Rock Band
Week 37: Top 10 Favorite RPGs
Week 36: Top 10 Super Smash Bros. Characters You'd Like To See
Week 35: Top 10 Most Disappointing Games
Week 34: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Villains
Week 33: Top 10 Favorite Video Game Composers
Week 32: Top 10 Places You'd Like To Visit
Week 31: Top 10 Favorite Authors
Week 30: Top 10 Favorite Video Games
Week 29: Top 10 Favorite TV Theme Songs
Week 28: Top 10 Favorite Consoles
Week 27: Top 10 Games You'd Like To See On The VC
Week 26: Top 10 Favorite Arcade Genre Games
Week 25: Top 10 Favorite Bands
Week 24: Top 10 Favorite Card Games
Week 23: Top 10 Favorite Songs of the Moment
Week 22: Top 10 Favorite Board Games
Week 21: Top 10 Favorite Comic Books/Series
Week 20: Top 10 Favorite Simpsons Episodes
Week 19: Top 10 Favorite Disney Movies
Week 18: Top 10 Favorite PS2 Games
Week 17: Top 10 Favorite Books (Non-Fiction)
Week 16: Top 10 Favorite Robots
Week 15: Top 10 Favorite Sports
Week 14: Top 10 Favorite Books (Fiction)
Week 13: Top 10 Favorite Xbox Games
Week 12: Top 10 Favorite Christmas Gifts
Week 11: Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2007
Week 10: Top 10 Favorite Nintendo DS Games
Week 9: Top 10 Favorite Gamecube Games
Week 8: Top 10 Favorite Playstation Games
Week 7: Top 10 Favorite Movies
Week 6: Top 10 Favorite PC Games
Week 5: Top 10 Favorite NES Games
Week 4: Top 10 Favorite Comic Strips
Week 3: Top 10 Favorite TV Shows
Week 2: Top 10 Favorite N64 games
Week 1: Top 10 Favorite SNES games
I'll edit this post and put mine up once I have seen The Dark Knight (which will undoubtedly be number one... but you never know)
The Phantom, nothing else to add.
Okay, I saw the Dark Knight last night and it was FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Go see it. Now.
I might edit this list after seeing The Dark Knight as well.

10. Superman 2
Just because it's that silly. Like throwing his "S" at that guy.

9. Daredevil
I actually enjoyed this movie somewhat, but probably only because I know what it's like to be sensually-impaired (that sounds really weird).

8. Spawn
FRICKIN' DEMON CLOWNS FROM HELL!

7. Batman Returns
DeVito played a really good Penguin. Also, the last of the good Tim Burton Batman movies, because Forever sucked ass.

6. Spider-man
They did a nice job introducing everything. And Greenie was amazing.

5. Batman (with Jack Nicholson!)
I personally think Nicholson makes an amazing Joker. We'll see if The Dark Knight changes my mind. Though, I've heard Nicholson embodies the whimsical side of the Joker, whereas Ledger is the insane side of him. -shrug-

4. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Absolutely love the Troll Market. If you haven't seen this yet, go before it leaves theatres (though, they just HAD to throw an environmental message in there).

3. Iron Man
Three words: Robert. Downing. Junior.

2. Batman Begins
A nice beginning to a new adaption of the Batman universe (using DC).

1. Hellboy
I absolutely love the Hellboy character and the universe in the comics. I've actually been planning to pick up some of the graphic novels when I can.

Honorable mentions:
- Superman Returns
- Spider-man 2
- The Shadow
1. The Dark Knight

2-10. Everything else
As always, coming up with 10 is too much a strain for me. And I haven't seen the Dark Knight yet, so I can't really place it anywhere just yet. That being said:

5. Mystery Men
This movie was, in all honesty, probably mediocre. HOWEVER: there are two facts that raise it to levels of awesome. 1.) It had Eddie Izzard as a disco super-villain, and 2.) the villain, "Casanova Frankenstein" has the best name in the history of naming. So it ranks 5th!

4. Hellboy
There aren't many who can beat Guillermo del Toro's visual knack. I'll bet Hellboy 2 looks great, too. Hellboy himself was pretty lovable, too.

3. Batman Begins
I didn't like some of the decisions they made with Batman Begins, but it was incredibly competent and well made, especially for a superhero movie.

2. Return of the Joker
The Batman Beyond movie! Hooray. As I said, I haven't seen Dark Knight yet, but even if Heath Ledger's Joker looks like he'll be creepy fun, fans know that Mark Hammil is the real Joker, and this was one of his crowning moments of awesome. Not to mention, quite some amazing moments for Terry. Terry McGinnis taunted the freaking Joker. C'mon!

1. Iron Man
Freaking amazing. I never got into Iron Man as a kid, but after seeing Robert Downing Jr.'s performance, I'm suffering a major man-crush on Tony Stark.
1.) Iron Man
The Dark Knight managed to squeeze out some superior performances, but I couldn't help but feel like this was ultimately the better movie, on the whole. Hit a very high standard of excellence and I sincerely anticipate a sequel.

2.) The Dark Knight
I don't know what to mention about this movie that hasn't already been swirling around, but I haven't been so consistently entertained by a film in a long, long time. Other than perhaps Batman Begins, this was truly one of the only endeavors that dared to go BEYOND what a superhero movie had been established to be, and successfully so.

3.) Spider-Man 2
This movie would have easily topped my list were it not for the enticing films to arise this summer. Maintained the playful energy of the first one while successfully coating it with appropriate complexity and drama.

4.) X-Men: The Last Stand
So while I'm quite possibly the only person ever to prefer this franchise's third iteration to the other two, hear me out. Many rightfully feel this was more of a "popcorn movie" than it's pondering predecessors; a notion to which I concede. However, in a universe where mutants can control the weather, move the Golden Gate bridge with their minds, and rearrange the very fabric of reality, what else could it have potentially, ideally been?

5.) Batman Begins
Call me superficial, but at points I wish this were less of an incredibly drawn-out introduction and balanced it's scope a bit more with some (dare I say it?) enticing action sequences. Dark Knight did a fine job realizing such a harmony, though.

6.) Spider-Man 3
I won't consider attempting to defend this choice. I was superficially entertained by it, so there. =[

7.) Hellboy II
Same as above. Visually stunning, yet ridden with cringe-inducing silliness frequently throughout the story. Far superior to the original, however, and the Pan's Labyrinth-esque stylization in some segments was especially well done.

8.) X-Men
Because of the alarming number of involved characters in this franchise, this is perhaps one of the only films to excusably get away with nearly 80 minutes of exposition. That said, it was decidedly well-performed (McKellen and Jackmen), and inclusive of effects that still hold strong nearly ten years later.

9.) Spider-Man
As much as I enjoyed this at the time of it's release (notably being many years younger); it sadly hasn't stood too strongly against the incessant test of time. Stylish and exciting, yet likewise a tad disappointing.

10.) X2: X-Men United
I admire it for higher emphasis on theme and characterization, but as a collective effort I wasn't convinced this was up to par. As I mentioned earlier, trying to ground a series in REALITY that inherently lends itself to stylized fiction is not, in my own eyes, too hot of an idea!
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
10. Batman Begins
Hey it was good

9. Superman: Doomsday
Loved this animated movie Superman got killed

8. Hellboy: Sword of Storms
I never saw the live-action movie but ancient Chinese legends work well with Hellboy

7. League of Extraordinary Gentleman
It had some classic bad guys such as Dr. Jekyll and the Invisible Man

6. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
I loved the Batman Beyond it's darker version of what Batman is and the Joker always cool.

5. Spiderman 3
My favorite movie of Spiderman all because Venom was in it. A poor venom maybe.

4. Ghost Rider
Nicolas Cage did a pretty good job.

3. X-Men
Not only was Wolverine badass it was a good mixture of action and story.

2. Iron Man
Tony Stark never looked better

1. Dark Knight
Not only did Heath Ledger do a great job, but Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart did phenomenal jobs as well on the film.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1552.msg24482#msg24482 date=1216486812
1. The Dark Knight

2-10. Everything else

10. Blade II
9. X-Men 2
8. Blade
7. Batman Begins
6. Tim Burton's Batman
5. Spiderman 1
4. The Incredibles
3. Spiderman 2
2. Iron Man
1. The Dark Knight

Seriously, no one mentioned The Incredibles yet?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
1. Logan
2. Wonder Woman
3. Thor
4. Iron Man
5. Spiderman 2
6. Batman (Tim Burton)
7. The Dark Knight
8. Guardians of the Galaxy (...Does this count?)
9. X-Men: First Class
10. Hellboy

EDIT: Shit! I totally forgot about Batman: Mask of the Phantasm!
This list is the best because who would have believed that there would have been more superhero movies since this topic was created than there had been before this topic was created?
Wonder Woman
It was just such a breath of fresh air. Everything about it was entertaining and Gal Godot is a good dit for Wonderwoman imo!

Black Panther
Since the concept for Wakanda is "what if imperialism didn't happen to africa" it's a very interesting vision. It gives the story a really cool setting and the movie has a lot of kickass female superheroes.

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
The animation is so so beautiful and they did Miles Morales right on this one. It helps that John Mulaney is in it.

The Incredibles
This was basically my childhood. I remember being so shocked when the underminer appeared!

The Incredibles 2
In a lot of ways, I feel like this is better than first Incredibles but that's probably just because it's more consistently entertaining. They are both very dear to my heart.

Brightburn
Superhero horror movie. I love superheroes, I love horror movies, it's perfect! It had me screaming for a lot of it.

Thor: Ragnarok
Hela can step on me

Avengers: Endgame
It was so satisfying! I got tears in my eyes when they all stood up to Thanos. I would put infinity war here but it does a crappy job of making clear to its audience that Thanos is being unreasonable.

Spiderman: Homecoming
It's just fun to watch! Super funny - I love the voice of spiderman's suit!

Watchmen
Rorshach has a cool design as well as the big blue guy? It's kinda depressing but I enjoy it a lot. It has a very different tone to most superhero movies.

I really wanna see the Doctor Strange Movie that's coming. Another superhero/horror movie!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Gourd_Clae
The Incredibles
This was basically my childhood. I remember being so shocked when the underminer appeared!

The Incredibles 2
In a lot of ways, I feel like this is better than first Incredibles but that's probably just because it's more consistently entertaining. They are both very dear to my heart.

Eh, I like Incredibles 2, but I found it to be lacking several things that made the original so amazing. The broken family dynamics are revisited a little bit as Bob needs to give the spotlight to Helen, but it isn't the focus of the movie, whereas it was in the first one. What I love about the Incredibles is that it isn't a superhero movie. It's a movie about a family struggling to stick together, who also happen to be superheroes.
Also the motivations of the villain in Incredibles 2 are kinda stupid. Their plan makes very little sense. Syndrome was much more believable to me, and the connection with Bob made at the very start of the movie was great.
@Jeroen I totally agree that narratively The Incredibles 1 is better I just found myself entertained more consistently throughout the second one. The Jack Jack scenes, the death of the villain in 2, etc were all just very satisfying to watch!
Pages: 1