VALENTINE'S DAY: PROPOSAL IN A GAME!

Pages: 1
I've been wondering... How many of you actually thought about doing something like this? What have been your experiences, so far? Soon enough it will be Valentine's Day in Brazil (called Dia dos Namorados, in june 12th), and I've been thinking on doing something like that myself. Umm, I actually have fallen deeply for someone and I think that a game might be the utmost, failproof way of asking, "Do You Want To Be My Valentine?"

All the help, support and feedback would be extremely appreciated since I need that done until June 12th, lel. So if you ever did something like this, tell me how it went out! If you have cute ideas that could be fit for a valentine's game, tell me it as well! Actually, I think this would probably be a nice idea for a contest in 2015...

To help evoking a certain mood, here goes a romantic song. <3

also sorry for like disappearing out of here, i've been kinda like in utter distress or something :I

EDIT: It's obvious that no one has more tact of whatever situation than the people involved, so i'm really not asking no one to develop an idea for me. But inspiration and previous experiences help! And this is a really really interesting topic as well.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I made a game for a girl once.

Neither the game nor the relationship was particularly serious, though.

RMN denied it :(
And how did you approach your games? xD
I dunno if a kind of a philosophical reflection on live with random sayings and hypothetical situations with beautiful music and graphics is the way to go
Or maybe a simplistic and funny puzzle game that`s cute and stuff and asks "Do You Wanna Be My Valentine?" in the end
Or maybe perhaps some sort of mix between the two... Funny, cute, lighthearted, easy to finish, short, filled with simplistic, beautiful music and graphics
Maybe in the style of Mother 3 =O

I don't think the person has already played Mother 3 so that's sort of a plus >_<

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I think that you've got a really unique art style so you should just create a world full of happy people and beautiful sayings and vibrant talk.

Maybe even have the whole game be a cinematic of the story of how you two met. It can be like you said, a mixture of funny, cute, lighthearted, easy to finish, short etc.

Have you played Very Pink Game? That would work very well as a Valentine gift. It doesn't have to be as amazing as that, but something light-hearted like that and short in length.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
In a weird way, Oracle of Askigaga was supposed to be a virtual love-letter, but, it never really worked out. Now, it's a hack attempt at political intrigue, amongst other things.
Reminds me of the guy who proposed to his girlfriend through a custom portal level: Here
I think it'd be cool if you make the game based off something that'd interest them, but not obviously set-up for a proposal. Then you can have an area where "two lovers" are, maybe even make them legendary lovers in story and have the ghost representing you ask the person out. The story for the two lover could just be telling your memories with the person you love, leading up for the proposal. I dunno, just my idea.
author=Nerdybastard
I think it'd be cool if you make the game based off something that'd interest them, but not obviously set-up for a proposal. Then you can have an area where "two lovers" are, maybe even make them legendary lovers in story and have the ghost representing you ask the person out. The story for the two lover could just be telling your memories with the person you love, leading up for the proposal. I dunno, just my idea.

Sounds to me like this would seriously risk coming on too strong. You probably don't want to set up a story where your hypothetical love is already "legendary," prior to the other person even saying "yes."

I thought when I saw the topic that this would be about characters proposing to each other in a game. Personally, I could stand to see a lot more well-done romances in games, so if it were handled at all well I'd be happy to see this.

I've read a fair few lists of top video game romances, and some of them are downright depressing; you know that in-game romance is really in a sorry state when some of the top rated romances don't even exist in their games, and are entirely fanon interpretations of character relationships.
I've had a few experiences in making games for other people. One to say happy birthday, one to ask for forgiveness (never finished because I realized they were too pissed at me to actually play it xD;), and one as a testament of love.

My approach with the last one was to create a game that only he would realize the deeper meaning behind. Everyone else who played would have to be told. You could probably accomplish something like this (on a small scale) in time. Create a plot that is symbolic of your life together. Just a thought.

You could even make it end on a cliff hanger (with the proposal) and then create another episode next time you want to do something romantic. :O
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=JosephSeraph
And how did you approach your games? xD
I dunno if a kind of a philosophical reflection on live with random sayings and hypothetical situations with beautiful music and graphics is the way to go
Or maybe a simplistic and funny puzzle game that`s cute and stuff and asks "Do You Wanna Be My Valentine?" in the end
I made a ridiculous game called Flower Bubble Game!!! where you picked flowers and blew bubbles.

It did not ask if she wanted to be my valentine, nor did it have either of us in it. I just made a game I knew she would enjoy: something quick and stupid with bubbles in it that she wouldn't have to spend more than 45 minutes to beat completely. I think the ultimate reward for trading in the highest number of flowers was a mail-order boyfriend who then followed you around in the game and said random things that sounded vaguely charming and devoted. And you could unequip his clothes to turn him into a nudie sprite.

...I should clean up that game and resubmit it to RMN.
Pages: 1