VIDEO REVIEWS/LET'S PLAYS RATINGS.

Pages: 1
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=kory_toombs
People who do lets play should be able to give a rating to a game (Why can't they? The video took just as much effort as writing the damn review.)

Going off what kory_toombs has stated here, I think this a great idea to try add for games on the site because he/she's absolutely right. Is they're some way to implement this kind of rating for RMN?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I think you should be able to post a let's play video as a review, and if it was long enough and had sufficient commentary, then it should be accepted as such. Or you can just write a transcript and paste it alongside it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I guess it depends on the nature of the video. A "Let's Try" is all about making observations of a game, whither it be technical or otherwise. In that respect, submitting that kind of video as part of a review, and summarizing the points made in the video in the review's body, is probably fine. A "Let's Play" isn't, traditionally, geared that way. It's more casual in it's observations. I don't think it would be appropriate for a review, or to have a rating attached to it.

/ten cent opinion
You are allowed to do so as long as there's at least a summary (written) that pulls all the thoughts together and the video is of a certain length (dependant on the game itself).
author=Marrend
I guess it depends on the nature of the video. A "Let's Try" is all about making observations of a game, whither it be technical or otherwise. In that respect, submitting that kind of video as part of a review, and summarizing the points made in the video in the review's body, is probably fine. A "Let's Play" isn't, traditionally, geared that way. It's more casual in it's observations. I don't think it would be appropriate for a review, or to have a rating attached to it.

/ten cent opinion

There's a difference between "Let's Play" and video reviews, though. Let's Play attempts to cover the whole game (with or without commentary). It's not really a review. Although in that case, as long as a summary is provided like Liberty said, then it's really a moot point.

However, video reviews cover the details of a review like a written review would. It would still require a written summary, but a full playthrough wouldn't be necessary, as long as the length of the video review is acceptable.

This would be an example of a video review - for Eternal Eden (not mine, of course):

Pages: 1