Which Valve series deserves a THIRD game? - Results

Half-Life
50%
Portal
44%
Team Fortress
5%

Pages: first 12 next last
Valve has made great games like Team Fortress 2, Portal, and Half-Life 2, but which one would most likely have a third installment? You choose!

For me, I'd choose Portal 3!

EDIT:
Thank you everyone who voted! At this point, Half-Life is the most voted for a number three. Portal was a close second. Keep in mind, this could all change over time! And for those who wondering, yes, I forgot to add Left4Dead.
Portal is the only Valve series I like, so it's an easy vote for me.
Not really a fan of any of them. I guess Portal is at least somewhat interesting?
Half Life. It revolutionized first person shooters as we know them. It's about time for them to finally make the 3rd entry.
Before Half-Life 3 I'd just like Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Shinan
Before Half-Life 3 I'd just like Half-Life 2: Episode 3

This, pretty much. Though, I wouldn't mind another Portal.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I played Half Life 2 and Half Life 2 Episode One.
I never thought anything of the story, though the physics and
puzzle solving was fantastic.

Never got around to playing the first Half Life or
Half Life 2 Episode Two.

Out of these Half Life probably deserves an ending to those who
are real fans of it (even though I'm not one.)
Tau
RMN sex symbol
What about Left4Dead?

Half Life 3, it's not even a choice here. Come on Valve, HL2 came out in 2004, episode 2 was 2007, it's about time we got something. My friend who worked at Weta Digital told me that they're just waiting on Technology to catch up with what they plan to do.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Portal. But then again, I grew up in the days of Apple IIc.
They probably shouldn't make any, so we can continue using the "Valve can't count to 3" joke.

Maybe a game just like portal but with a new protagonist, funny AI and story.
author=SnowOwl
Not really a fan of any of them. I guess Portal is at least somewhat interesting?

Portal is a puzzle game that was first released for the Orange Box. It is almost completely a tutorial, but is paced very well. You play as a silent woman named Chell and you solve puzzles using the Portal Gun.

By the way, the line "The cake is a lie" came from Portal.
author=Tau
What about Left4Dead?

Good point there! I almost forgot about that game series! Thanks again, Tau!

EDIT:
Unfortunately, I cannot edit the poll choices to add Left4Dead, so if you vote for that series, let me know!
If TF3 was in development, they should add female versions of the classes, since the classes are all male (including the Pyro!) Just suggesting! :)
Anyone who doesn't vote Half-Life is a terrorist.

The number of first person shooters that I genuinely enjoy can be counted on one hand, and Half-Life 2 was one of them. Valve is amazing at creating a great story and cool mechanics, two things I need to enjoy first person shooters. Also Portal and Team Fortress kinda bored me.
Uh, UPRC?

You know everyone doesn't have to like Half-Life. I started playing Half-Life 2 and I'm still not that far.

So don't call anyone here a terrorist. <:(
That's all well and good if it wasn't for the fact that everyone who doesn't like Half Life is a terrorist.
author=Zephire98
You know everyone doesn't have to like Half-Life.

Apparently you're new to this video gaming thing.

I vote for Half-Life 3 because TF2 will be around for a while yet and Portal probably doesn't need another sequel until they revolutionize everything again with HL3.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Portal 3, but this time make it non-linear. The portal gun was made to be set in a non-linear setting, but Valve is so set on making the game such a user-oriented experience that they didn't want any room to slip up. Take a risk for once, Valve!

Just kidding, Portal is amazing.
author=Zephire98
author=SnowOwl
Portal is a puzzle game that was first released for the Orange Box. It is almost completely a tutorial, but is paced very well. You play as a silent woman named Chell and you solve puzzles using the Portal Gun.

By the way, the line "The cake is a lie" came from Portal.
I don't think anyone that regularly visits the interwebs could have missed that piece of information. Also, I've seen people play Portal, so I know the basics of how it works.
Well, as for the other games, I just really do not enjoy FPS games, so I probably won't ever play either, or most of their games, really. I'll give credit to Valve for trying out new stuff with their games, though. Even though after they did so they just seem to be creating new games in those series right now.
Pages: first 12 next last