IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY JAPANESE VERSIONS OF OLD RPG MAKER ENGINES ANYMORE?

Pages: 1
Hello!

I have an odd request and that's if anyone knows of a place or way to buy the original versions of RPG Maker 2000 or RPG Maker Advanced? I'm talking legal ownership here. I've tried my best to scour the web but to no avail. Enterbrain seems to have them listed on their site but my Japanese is limited to google translate. It's an off-chance but I figured I'd ask if anyone had purchased them through Enterbrain or a third party in the past. I'm having no luck in my search...

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :)
They have rpg2000 on the Amazon.jp site, through Marketplace, at prices from 7000 to 11000 yen (about £40/$70). I couldn't see any way you can download them digitally from the Enterbrain site though, so you'll probably need a credit card and an address in Japan.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

If you want to use it commercially I would recommend buying it directly from the Enterbrain website, just to be on the safe side (Considering how many people use the translated version to create a game.)

But if your going to spend money to purchase it, why not just get RPG Maker VX Ace? Which seems a safer bet on all sides.

Though if you need a Japanese address you could try to set up a PayPal account with a Japanese address. I know from experience, living in Taiwan, that PayPal has a regional system.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
You can't buy 2k3 anymore, but you can buy 2k. I think easiest (than setting up address in japan at least) would be just flying to Japan. I was recently on tourist trip to Tokyo and saw RPG Tsukuru 2000 Value! in some game store (there were also famicoms and famicom games here). Dunno where exactly it was, but it was in some small alley, near airport.
Thanks for the help guys! I found a few deals I'm looking into. Appreciate it!
Pages: 1