MYSTERIES OF RPGMAKER?

Wut...
So that was it? Wow. I feel so stupid now.

Thanks AsgarZigel and LouisCyphre!

But in my defense, it is quite unclear. The tooltip doesn't help, and they used a tilde (~) which is supposed to denote approx.
Well, usually the smaller number goes first, then up to the highest number. ;p
Is it possible to play different animation together in Rm2k3 via common event (as trigger) and two different event (parallel)?
Similarly, can we play two sound together this way?

I just realized that this might be troublesome for some of the coding (later). I don't have access to RM2k3 yet, and this question is driving me nuts.

EDIT: woops it has been a while since last poster reply. My bad.
That's fine, this is an open thread (and 7 days ain't nothing compared to some of the necroposting that goes on around here). That said, I'm not sure that you can. You might be able to overlap by having one play with some silence beforehand and then timed so that the two play at the same time. Not really sure why you'd want to do that, though. It'd get quite confusing...
Hmm, well, in that case, I want to ask a follow up question.

I managed to test it in Rm2k3 and it seems while it is possible to play two sound at the same time, I can't play two animation at the same time.

I am working on some kind of CBS so I just want to make sure if there is some way/workaround this can be done? DBS have flexibility in animation so I was thinking if the same principle works outside battle.

I believe in the past I tried a german RM2k RPG that have CBS (pictures?). I lost the copy of the game, and I only remember the hero (for the beginning) having the name "selan" or something. Didn't get far cause it is German, but I want to take a look again how it was done.
You're looking for Velsarbor buddy. Yeah, it's pretty great, but I'm pretty sure he used pictures for all his animation needs.

What about wolfcoder's thing? Rpg 20xx engine. It might've taken DBS's animation flexibility and made it possible everywhere else.
author=Neok
You're looking for Velsarbor buddy. Yeah, it's pretty great, but I'm pretty sure he used pictures for all his animation needs.

What about wolfcoder's thing? Rpg 20xx engine. It might've taken DBS's animation flexibility and made it possible everywhere else.

Yep, that's the one. I planned to use pictures for all of it, but some things are easier/better in animation.

Err, to be honest I kinda waited for that engine for quite a bit; but it doesn't seem it is going to be completed soon. Not to say wolfcoder etc are bad though, it's just probably really hard to make.
author=s_w
Err, to be honest I kinda waited for that engine for quite a bit; but it doesn't seem it is going to be completed soon. Not to say wolfcoder etc are bad though, it's just probably really hard to make.

The old one or the new one? It's been scrapped and resurrected as a new engine rather than something to port your 2k3 games into. The new one has been moving along quite well over the last few weeks/months.
@Link_2112
The new..? one. I guess I should check it out.
Let me add one
When you played a BGM using music test, and then click stop while pressing SHIFT, it will be fadeout. What is that for?
unity
You're magical to me.
I have a question! I'm using RPG Maker 2000 again after not using it for several years.

What does the Strong Defense option do? Does it have to do with the defend command, or does it alter the defense stats?
Calculated damage gets halved when defending. Halved damage gets halved once more when a Hero has that strong defense thing checked.

download GuardRevamp <<< this lets you set those percentages to something else then just 50% / 25%

edit:
Yes, it's just for the defend command.
unity
You're magical to me.
Personally, I have that option selected for all of the heroes in my game. It just makes defend slightly more useful.
Don't know about you guys but it took me a few months to learn how to use a loop the right way lol.
In RM2K3 on the Tilesets tab (Upper Layer) I have no idea what the Counter Flag thing is used for or what it even means. On Lower Layer, Passibility, I have no idea what the square means. I know circle means below Hero, cross is same as Hero and star is above Hero... but square?
The Counter flag allows you to interact with an event on the other side of the object in question. Think a table or counter where the shop keepr is on once side and you're on the other. Instead of making an event on the table itself, you just make the shop event within the shopkeeper's event then flag the table as a counter. When you talk from one side it'll pretend that the counter isn't in the way - as though you were standing right next to the event while interacting with it. ^.^

The Square makes roof tiles. That is, Star tiles will make all of that tile into above her. Square makes it so only the upper most tile will allow for hero to be underneath, while the rest of it will stop them from going down further.

For example:

The girl in the bottom left is overlapped by the roof. If we tried to move her down, she couldn't, even though the only tile there is the roof one. The Square has automatically blocked all sides of the roof tile but one tile at the very top, which has been made above hero. Hope that explains it easily enough to understand.
Oh, I see. Thanks for answering, that clears things up.
I just discovered the existence of \> and \<, which makes the text between them appear instantly in RM2k3 (and in VX too I think). Mind blown.
Did you know about \! \. \|
\! makes it so you have to press enter before the message continues.
\. adds a half-second wait before progressing
\| adds a whole second wait before progressing

If you hover over the message window in Ace a list of commands like these pop up and they can be used in all the older versions.
Also, there's a hidden glyph file for 2k and 2k3. You can add icons to text by using the proper letters. So \a and \A all the way to \z or \Z will show you various glyphs for things like HP, MP, elements and so forth. There's a program (it should be in the utility section) that lets you edit these but they have to be in black and white.