ANY ARTIST LOOKING FOR WORK?

Pages: 1
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Is there any decent artist who can do good in the style of manga (and good with paneling) that would be willing to join me in illustrating a story I created for a sort of one shot manga? While I cannot pay right away, it can and will be sold and you, the artist can earn profit.

The good thing about the above is that SMOSH already agreed to promote it if they feel it has potential, as well as ForneverWorld of Youtube wishes to review and promote it.

So would there be any artist willing to join me?

Smosh agreed since I have another artist working on a story of mine so while he's busy and can't start our job right away, I decided to start back work on an older but fan favorite story of mine.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I'm interested. I shall draw some images proving my value and get them to you tomorrow. As for paneling, is your story going in the traditional direction of a manga book, or is it in the direction of the Western comic?
Thiamor
Well which would be better? Manga direction would be unique, and would help push people into accepting it as a valid medium in the US a bit more.
I'm working on a comic commission at the moment and while I'd be tempted, the fact that there's no guarantee of payment and not knowing what story/genre it'll be about are major cons for me.
Still, good luck with the project!
Thiamor
author=Avee
I'm working on a comic commission at the moment and while I'd be tempted, the fact that there's no guarantee of payment and not knowing what story/genre it'll be about are major cons for me.
Still, good luck with the project!

http://thiamor.deviantart.com/art/Hellfire-194874043?

That's some of it, and actually the part I want illustrated to use as a sort of oneshot to test the waters with.
pianotm
author=Thiamor
Well which would be better? Manga direction would be unique, and would help push people into accepting it as a valid medium in the US a bit more.

(Sorry, I'll have something tomorrow. Edit: Actually, I'll take a look at your work so I have a better idea of what you want.). Here in the US, you can find as many mangas in the traditional direction as in the Western direction. I've never studied the marketing and really don't know if one style sells better than the other.
Thiamor
author=pianotm
author=Thiamor
(Sorry, I'll have something tomorrow. Edit: Actually, I'll take a look at your work so I have a better idea of what you want.). Here in the US, you can find as many mangas in the traditional direction as in the Western direction. I've never studied the marketing and really don't know if one style sells better than the other.

What I meant by valid medium is that I wish to help make manga more accepted like how comics are in the US as it stands.
pianotm
author=Thiamor
What I meant by valid medium is that I wish to help make manga more accepted like how comics are in the US as it stands.

I can understand that. I would go in the traditional direction just because I'm a perfectionist, but really, the Western style would probably be more desirable, (largely because, in my opinion, Americans tend not to put the effort into to understanding something that's different.).

I've got a page for you. It didn't scan well, though. I'm going to try again. I've been out of practice so long I was a bit worried, but I came up with something halfway decent and after seeing your artwork, I realized we're about on the same level.

Panelling. I have drawn it in panels (in the traditional bottom left to top right direction), but you should know, simply drawing it that way is not the proper way to panel. The correct way is to draw the individual images, and then panel them separately. The individual images are arranged in a sort of collage. Computer graphics programs makes this really practical, but a lot of online artists think they either have to draw six pictures on a single page, or that they need to conserve materials (this second reason makes more sense). Remember: the bigger it is, the easier it is to work with.
Thiamor
Thiamor
I am still looking for any decent artist who would be willing to work towards a comic/manga type of series. Firstly, you have 95 percent creative control/freedom minus when it comes to character designs.
Pages: 1