SUMMER REVIEW JAM! (WEEK 9 SPACE'D)

A friendly word of warning : VX Ace granted to you via Steam can only be opened in Steam >:(

You should still pick it instead of Ducktales though. In fact, everything else is better than Ducktales, m i rite?

author=accha
Multiple reviews in the same period nets you multiple entries in the pool for that week.
Better start cracking with those reviews, man.

Evidently I can't read.
Luckily, I can write.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Interested in the Mass Effect just to play the third one, but doubt my computer could handle any of that stuff. If we win could we not just ask you to give our prize to someone else?

author=pianotm
After my fiasco with Humble Bundle and NOT getting VX Ace and their support NOT helping, and NOT refunding, and NOT responding to anymore of my emails, for another chance at VX Ace, I'm in.

Did you have problems downloading? Try using Google Chrome, instead of internet explorer.

So this whole thing’s going to run pretty much all summer long, huh? That’s cool. A pretty nice incentive in order to get off your arse and do something constructive to not only earn some extra makerscore for yourself but possibly even get a free game, too.

Usually I always enter these types of things (even though I never win anything), but, this time, I’ll probably just sit out on this one, besides the one review I’m planning on doing in August for my 30th. It’s just that I need a bit of break from reviewing games in the meantime, and I really gotta focus a lot more on my own projects and get ‘em done.

author=Dyhalto
In fact, everything else is better than Ducktales, m i rite?

(That's actually the one game I'd probably get that's on the list.)
So if someone who wins isn't already yet your friend on Steam when they're selected, will you allow them time to go ahead and get the friend acceptance thing over with before handing over the game or are you going to choose someone else? I hope for the sake of fairness you will do the former. :X

And, ah, it looks like I own all BUT one game listed there, thankfully it is a game that is high on my wishlist. I won't say what it is though just... because. I will say it's not Mass Effect, which could technically be considered the second of those games I don't own, but only on Steam (I have them, plus the third game on Origin along with DLCs 'n' shit). Too bad you don't have RPG Maker XP on offer, but the one game I don't own that is on there is enough to take interest in this here contest.
author=kory_toombs
Interested in the Mass Effect just to play the third one,

Unfortunately Steam doesn't carry the third one. Came out when EA decided to keep all upcoming titles Origin-only (i.e. Crysis 3, Dragon Age 2, which WAS on Steam until it wasn't, Dead Space 3, the new Sim City and so on).
author=Link_2112
How about one of your classic 'games with no review' lists?
ugh I wonder if I saved the query anywhere....

author=Dyhalto
Do we get more raffles for more reviews (2 in a week, for example)?

Yes.

author=Darken
ugh i dont wanna be kentona's friend

Only on Steam, though.

author=nhubi
Kentona, can you pull me out of the review mix. I'm not on Steam and I don't want any of the games but I'm actively reviewing at the moment. I don't want to get in the way of someone else winning. Would you prefer if I simply wrote reviews and didn't submit them until the raffle is over to make it easier?

Though if you designed a review jam achievement, then I'd be in :)

I will design a review jam achievement. One for each week.

author=kory_toombs
Interested in the Mass Effect just to play the third one, but doubt my computer could handle any of that stuff. If we win could we not just ask you to give our prize to someone else?

Mass Effect bundle only includes 1 and 2. 3 was restricted to EA's Origin only for some reason, thus no one bought it. And yes, if you win you can tell me who you want to give the gift to.

author=kory_toombs
author=pianotm
After my fiasco with Humble Bundle and NOT getting VX Ace and their support NOT helping, and NOT refunding, and NOT responding to anymore of my emails, for another chance at VX Ace, I'm in.
Did you have problems downloading? Try using Google Chrome, instead of internet explorer.

this doesn't even make sense. The downloading part only happens after you've unlocked it through Steam, and you download it using Steam's tool.

author=zoviet_francis
So if someone who wins isn't already yet your friend on Steam when they're selected, will you allow them time to go ahead and get the friend acceptance thing over with before handing over the game or are you going to choose someone else? I hope for the sake of fairness you will do the former. :X

Yeah of course. When I send out a PM to the winner I will tell them to send me a Friend Request on Steam so that I can send them their game. My handle is kentonagbone, by the way.
Oddly enough I also had an issue with my version of Ace on Steam. Since I already had a Steam copy I decided to add it to my gift pile (thinking I'd later give it away). Never turned up for me. :/ I'm not too fussed (it's about the 5th Ace copy I've had to date) though it would have been nice to throw on the goody pile.
If you redeem your game in the humble widget thingie it never goes into your steam inventory. I think it might just discard the duplicate (and count it as redeemed, I've never tried). In the humble page there is however a "gift" icon that you can click to directly gift the game through the humble page to someone else. I haven't tried that one either but I don't believe it goes through your steam inventory but instead it goes directly to the player you wanted to gift it to)

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202712460-Gifting-Steam-Keys
Is a better illustrator than me.
Oh, thanks Shinan~ I'll check it out! ^.^
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=kentona
author=nhubi
Kentona, can you pull me out of the review mix. I'm not on Steam and I don't want any of the games but I'm actively reviewing at the moment. I don't want to get in the way of someone else winning. Would you prefer if I simply wrote reviews and didn't submit them until the raffle is over to make it easier?

Though if you designed a review jam achievement, then I'd be in :)

I will design a review jam achievement. One for each week.

Please ignore all my altruistic statements from earlier, I'm in like Flynn! Now I just need Briar Rose to add a download so I can submit my review. :)

Oh and I think this is the link for games without a review, or at least it's the one I've been using from that Elder Scribes contest you ran in February.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/?engine=&status=3&rating=&download=yes&commercial=&sort=total_reviews&portal=None

I've got one half written for Maiden of Maia which shows up first on that list, but if someone gets there first, so be it.
just got a PM:

"A download was added for commercial game Little Briar Rose."

yes, I set it up so I get a PM every time a commercial game adds a download. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=kentona
just got a PM:

"A download was added for commercial game Little Briar Rose."

yes, I set it up so I get a PM every time a commercial game adds a download. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

I got it too..but only because I'd subbed it (and I've added my review...on to the next one, sleep who needs sleep?).

Oh I did want to ask about that, is there a reason why the IGMC games are commercial? It's just the devs for Briar are Italian and English isn't a primary language for them so when I mentioned on their game page about the bias some people have about trying commercial games he told me that when submitting the game there is a requirement for it to be commercial if it's for the contest, and since I don't submit games I have no idea. Given there are a fair number of IGMC games on this site that aren't listed as commercial I just wanted to be sure he'd understood it right, more for him than for me. I really wouldn't want to point him in the wrong direction.

edit: ignore all that, he just posted saying he misunderstood. Right, back to the games.
Does anyone wanna do a "I'll review your game, you review mine?" exchange thing?
Ehh .. interesting. Interesting indeed. Considering I only have mild interest in one game .. not sure whether I want to join the frenzy. Although I did want to review some more games.
Oh well, there will be enough reviews anyhow.
We need roughly 1100 reviews right now. Any little bit helps.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=kory_toombs

author=pianotm

I'm on Chrome. Humble Bundle worked just fine. My library filled up, I had my Steam keys, but I didn't have Steam downloaded and I ran out of power. The next night, my library was empty and my Steam keys were disabled. After a month of being given a runaround, being berated, and finally being threatened, I was told that what happened was that Humble Bundle's system glitched when accepting the payment, that it deactivated the purchase as a result, then told me it was my fault for using Paypal without fully understanding how their system works, that I wasn't getting a refund, and that they aren't going to correct the matter, and that next time, I should take the time to learn how to pay properly. (No shit. Their rep actually told me this.)
author=kentona
We need roughly 1100 reviews right now. Any little bit helps.

Okay, I underastimated it quite a bit. Gonna search for the less popular ones, I suppose. I'll get to it when I have some more free time in my hands.
And a general dumb question .. is there any way to search for games by name on rmn itself? Always using search engines.. (I've found a list .. but anyways)
not yet (at least, not yet by the filters on the right). You can use the Google search bar in the upper right though! It's pretty effective.
You can put them in alphabetical order, I guess (and reverse too, I believe) so... there's that.
author=Darken
Does anyone wanna do a "I'll review your game, you review mine?" exchange thing?

Sure I'll do that. Let me know if you're reviewing World Remade and I'll be sure to play your game and leave a review too.