SUMMER REVIEW JAM! (WEEK 9 SPACE'D)

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I think it's probably a 1 to 3 for me, an hour long game takes me 2 hours to play with taking notes and screenshots and then another hour to pull together and polish.

Ah well it will please you all to know then that I only put in 3 reviews in the week 3 challenge, and one of them is hidden so you'll probably never read it and so far, just the one for the week 4.

RL is seriously getting in the way.
I feel like I'm putting nowhere near as much effort into it as you guys.
I take screens on the go and usually take few to none notes (usually for endings or the like).
I usually take screens I think suit certain aspects, so those that end up not being used still help to keep track of what I think is worth mentioning. For short games, at least. I'd probably take some notes for longer ones.

Don't ask me how long it takes, though. Varies greatly. Some reviews are written in a few minutes, others require me to go back to it and take much longer. I usually just write it down, sit back a little and then check for possible changes.

RL is more important, so that's fine. Was able to do more in mine, too, and that's a good thing. We'll keep at it slowly, but surely.
On vacation so I'll be missing out on the Raspberry. But I'll be sure to make up for it this upcoming week.

Also I'd appreciate a review of World Remade if anyone is interested. I'd be willing to do a review exchange.
nhubi
Artbane aren't you doing an upgraded edition? Do you want a review on the current version or the improved/extended one?

n.b not an offer, just a query
Welp, you guys aren't going to like this... (well, one of you will)

Week 3 Raffle Sequence GO!

Congratulations to Kylaila! Again!

So, for week 3 instead of manually compiling the list from the Review tab, I instead got off my lazy duff and wrote a query. I also went back to previous weeks and ran the same query to grab people who were missed because either a) their review was attached to a game that was since hidden or removed, or 2) had their review denied, but then resubmitted successfully. I included those missed in this week's raffle (even though IT DIDN'T MATTER IN THE END THANKS KYLAILA)

Here is the list

Hasvers
nhubi
EdgeOfChaos
Kylaila
nhubi
nhubi
Archeia_Nessiah
EdgeOfChaos
Kylaila
nhubi
Kylaila
EdgeOfChaos
Kylaila
Marcusss
zoviet_francis
Kylaila
Sviel
EdgeOfChaos
CashmereCat
outcry312
Dyhalto
nhubi
NeverSilent
EdgeOfChaos
EdgeOfChaos

missed from week 1
Kuraido
pianotm
pianotm

missed from week 2
EdgeOfChaos
outcry312

Thanks again for everyone participating! achievements will be forthcoming soon.
Good gracious, that can't be happening. I mean, it's not fair. You wrote reviews just as well. I just want to leave it for you, but but .. freebies and me not having money.. it's .. too .. tempting.

Goddamit. I was so close to just shoving this to someone else :/ But again .. Skyrim or Shadow Warriors .. I think I'll stand to my no-bethesda rule. Unless you really care for that one.
Kylaila has grabbed a Lo Wang

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Congratulations yet again, Kylaila. Good job with all those reviews, everyone!

I feel insignificant...
author=nhubi
Artbane aren't you doing an upgraded edition? Do you want a review on the current version or the improved/extended one?

Other than minor bug fixes, improvements to the combat flow and some more art I don't expect the content for the 1st chapter or prologue of the game to change much. Most of the systems I've been discussing on the game page won't appear until the next chapter. If someone wants to wait until the next chapter to review the game that's fine but that probably won't be for a few months.

Oh and double congrats to Kylaila.
So question: how many of you participating in this are aiming for a copy of RMVX ace? Of those who won already how upset would you be if I added 2 other games to the prizepool (pending the results of the previous query)?
author=kentona
So question: how many of you participating in this are aiming for a copy of RMVX ace? Of those who won already how upset would you be if I added 2 other games to the prizepool (pending the results of the previous query)?

I have not cared about the copies of ace until recently(recently meaning I realized it today), realizing I could gift it to a friend who can develop with me. Although that's just a maybe, and that's just taking a copy for the sole purpose of gifting to someone else(which isn't a bad thing, mind you).
I'm afraid to put my limited time into playing a game and writing a review because of the couple people writing so many reviews :/ I guess I could convince myself I'm doing it for the achievement. The game I wanted is still in the prize pool too...
I don't care about any of the prizes the copies of VX ACE. I don't use steam or anything and I gifted VX ACE to everyone during the Humble Bundle sale.
nhubi
author=Link_2112
I'm afraid to put my limited time into playing a game and writing a review because of the couple people writing so many reviews :/ I guess I could convince myself I'm doing it for the achievement. The game I wanted is still in the prize pool too...

Do it for the jam!

Oh and if one of those people is me, don't worry about that, I'm not in the running for a prize, I asked Kentona to remove me from the draw since I'm not on Steam.
I'm in it for the jam as well. I take some mild interest in some games, but I'm here mainly for the sake of reviewing.
It'd be a little bit sad to see awesome-sauce games coming up instead, but that wouldn't upset me. Awesome-sauce games for others to enjoy is what I say!

Well, already mentioned it to you, kentona, but no more prizes for me. I stand by my word. Will continue reviewing, of course.

Thanks for the congratz, btw :)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

@Kylaila
Wow! By the rate your going your going to topple the Captain!
Hmm, ok. I guess that does even things out a little. I'll try and write at least 1 review.
author=nhubi
author=Link_2112
Do it for the jam!

Oh and if one of those people is me, don't worry about that, I'm not in the running for a prize, I asked Kentona to remove me from the draw since I'm not on Steam.
You may have asked Kentona, but he didn't listen. (you were totally in the prize pool for the last 3 draws)

EDIT:
it appears I forgot to mention that week 4's theme is Blackberry Jam
nhubi
Kentona! I feel special now...sheesh.

It wouldn't have mattered, if I had won I would have told asked you to redraw anyway.

Oh and Link, do it because the site needs more reviews...but also, you know, jam.

e: Sorry, congrats Kylaila. I should have said that before.