SUMMER REVIEW JAM! (WEEK 9 SPACE'D)

You are very right. Did kentona give up on giving out games and love?

Good luck, y'all.
author=nhubi
Good Luck, Addit.

You too, nhubi (and Kylaila / everyone). And if you happen to win again, maybe you can trade your prize over for a ticket to come down to Saskatchewan for a couple of days and stay in Kentona’s massive shack and see the man behind the myth. You can watch him mow the lawn, work on Aether Pulse for about an hour, see what he says before he locks bad topics – and even go one-on-one against him in Mario Kart 64. It would be a hell of a shindig!

Anyways, I just finished submiting a review for Week 6’s draw, so mission accomplished for now. :P
I have a review in queue for the game Null Regrets. I had played that game and didn't realize until I went to its page to review it that nhubi had already beaten me to the punch. Patient 213, another one I was planning to do, was also taken. T__T But all that aside, so, nhubi, I read your review of Null Regrets, I liked the insights you brought forth, however there is little talk of the battles in the game which along with the combat mechanics in general take up most of my review. So, I just want to ask: were you able to beat the final (four) boss(es) without using the stats boost "cheat" the developer offers in the game? Also did you run into any fights with those blob monsters along the way, and if so were you able to kill them? (I myself didn't use the stats booster trick until right before the final battle, dunno if that would have done the trick in killing those blobs) If "yes" to any of these I'd love to know how you did it and what I was doing wrong this whole time.
oh right. The holiday on Monday threw me off completely. For some reason I thought it was Wednesday yesterday and was like "can't forget to do the Jam tomorrow!" Serious.

I will get to it presently.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=zoviet_francis
... So, I just want to ask: were you able to beat the final (four) boss(es) without using the stats boost "cheat" the developer offers in the game? Also did you run into any fights with those blob monsters along the way, and if so were you able to kill them? (I myself didn't use the stats booster trick until right before the final battle, dunno if that would have done the trick in killing those blobs) If "yes" to any of these I'd love to know how you did it and what I was doing wrong this whole time.

Hey sorry about that, still I look forward to reading what you've written, and please do one for Patient 213 as well. No I didn't use the cheat option even for the last battles though the school stage end boss was a hard one with her three companions, and by blobs do you mean the shadow things in the school or the red and white things later on? I concentrated on taking out the white ones first since they could freeze and heal the other enemies and I used the purple construct for buffing with the KO function same with the blue one then kept the orange fighter and green healer going as my additional party members. That seemed to work most times.
author=zoviet_francis
So, I just want to ask: were you able to beat the final (four) boss(es) without using the stats boost "cheat" the developer offers in the game? Also did you run into any fights with those blob monsters along the way, and if so were you able to kill them? (I myself didn't use the stats booster trick until right before the final battle, dunno if that would have done the trick in killing those blobs) If "yes" to any of these I'd love to know how you did it and what I was doing wrong this whole time.

I didn't finish the last fight, but I came to four (returning to the little one) and was doing very well. And then it crashes everytime .. I've lost all motivation to continue this pointlessly. But I'd have loved to finish it .. and to give my two cents on the whole memory destroying business and trying to deal with depression and other stuff that way.

Oh well. The trick is that you use the fucking guardian. Done.

But on to more detail, here's how I did it:

Momentum and Guardian helper, Glasses keeps "Expedite" up when possible (at the count of 2, of course), heals every now and then (which will not be often) and removes buffs from the three (mainly fortitude, but aggression for the left attacker).
You repair broken or near-death helpers (self-destruct the guardian if necessary, momentum only when dead .. he won't be hit often anyway), and use overcharge when possible on your Momentum helper.

Dmg is on Suit alone - you keep aggression +2 up while gaining as many extra turns as possible, and as much wp as possible. Remember to have a focus on you at all times to gain more Diligence. Abuse Overtime and Invest (buffs last 1 turn longer - including the two extra turns), although Invest itself uses one turn. Do not use the debuff attack or multi-attack, just attack.

Momentum gives extra turns to Suit, rarely to Glasses and boosts WP where needed or useful.

Guardian keeps aggro, self-destruct when almost dead, cover when useful (others low) or nothing else to do. The fortitude buff is nice and all, but wasn't really necessary.

That worked very well for me. I first ignored the guardian, but it was a piece of cake afterwards. Of course, it's first: take out the healer, then the dd, then the buffer.
I avoided those pesky slimes - I fought the white ones easily, but I couldn't bother to try the red ones. Hell, it's just a waste of time. Even more so as battles take far too long. You finally got an escape skill with Suit, I used it.
nhubi
Kylaila, it crashed? Have a word with the dev, he seems pretty helpful, he may be able to fix it.

Yeah the Guardian is a must in those end battles.
Already mentioned it one the site. Wasted enough hours already.
But enough derailing :)
I don't know why I am surprised with results like these anymore..

Congratulations Sviel! Again!

TungerManU
CashmereCat
zoviet_francis
Kylaila
Dyhalto
Sviel
EdgeOfChaos
Pizza
zoviet_francis
NeverSilent
zoviet_francis
Housekeeping
Addit
Kylaila
facesforce
zoviet_francis
BizarreMonkey
nhubi
nhubi

missed from week 4:
EdgeOfChaos
outcry312
zoviet_francis
Kylaila

I will get to the achievements in a bit...
I tried to avoid the blobs too, but they'd catch me so many times. How do you even kill them? Every puny bit of damage I deal to them they heal 25 of their health the next turn! It was a never-ending cycle. This was an area I saved my game every time I successfully made it past a blob, and if I got caught by the next one I'd F12 and try it again. NOOOO fucking way am I going to wait like ten turns just to be able to escape battle (and then get caught in battle again).

And the final boss, believe me I have used the Guardian in the what, over half-dozen times I tried to fight "fairly." With many other combinations, strategies and such. That thing does definitely help - until the first incarnation of the boss pulls off that BS attack where he strikes like four times in one turn dealing high amounts of damage, sometimes killing the Guardian in the process. Yay! I recently tried it again, and I was more successful than before but still failed. It was after figuring out what Fortitude, Aggression, etc. meant and so tried to decrease those as much as I could. He still was a bitch, but eventually I won, and with both human party members alive for once! But still I'm left too weak to fend off the second set of bosses, I mean, there's three of them, they hit hard too and on top of that heal every other round and constantly buff themselves up. During this, my Constructs are dead, my two guys have almost no health or willpower, diligence, etc. etc. left either. So I accept the inevitability of defeat. It's like I'm inching closer and closer but not enough for me to deem it anything but impossible for all practical purposes without boosting myself up with the manual.

Funny you thought the school boss was hard, I found that one to be the easiest one myself. Once you realize the one companion is invincible and doesn't do anything damaging anyway, I just plow on through. The other two guys are thankfully not invincible and easy to take out, then I just whip the main boss repeatedly, kill the two things when they regenerate, repeat, done.
The school boss wasn't really hard, it just took forever, as Suit couldn't harm her.

Anyhow, try nulling the buffs on the dmg guy to the left if he gains too much aggression, but don't debuff further. Isn't really worth it. Keep in mind that Expedite can boost your construct-points up, that makes it easier to revive them.
So how about dem review jams?
nhubi
author=kentona
So how about dem review jams?

*chuckle*

Congratulations Sviel.
Woohoo, jam! And I see fortuna has been angered enough : D
nhubi
Apricot Jam on my toast....delicious.

Oh, I can only wonder what the next jam is :P. I've missed the apricot, but I think I know a game I can review this weekend. Will it be space? Saskatoon? I get the Space Jam joke, but not the Saskatoon joke. So, hopefully space will be one...
well, Saskatoon Jam isn't a joke. it's the best jam flavour in the world.

EDIT:
http://www.canadasfood.com/history_products/saskatoon_berries.php

Think of blueberries, but twice as flavourful, and 3x as healthy.
I must respectfully decline a second prize q_q
you guys are way too nice. I totally would have snagged every prize if I won.

REDRAW:

Congrats EdgeOfChaos!
author=kentona
you guys are way too nice. I totally would have snagged every prize if I won.
Ah hah, but you wouldn't because you didn't! Because you already have all the games. So you could keep them all if you could, but you didn't! Got you! Nothing gets past me!