LONG RPG MAKER GAMES

Pages: 1
sorry if this is the wrong forum. I was wondering if there are any long RPG Maker Games. Most of the full games i find are like 15-20 hours at max. some as low as 8. Are there any around the time range of 35-40 hours
Yes, there are (click here)

I'm sure there are others, too, but I can't think of any others offhand.
15-20 hours at max

You want it to be LONGER?
I don't think I could stand the same RPG Maker game for 40 hours.

Legacies Of Dondoran is probably the most notable epic RPG Maker game to date. It'll take you a while to get through it.
Yes.

All three Laxius Power games. (First and third are supposedly 100 hours or something retarded)
Last Scenario (50 hours+)
Dragon Saga IV: Running Water (50 hours+)
Onyx (50 hours+)
The Sword and the Fish (40 hours+)
Legacies of Dondoran (40 hours+)
Dragon Destiny (40 hours+)
Master of the Wind (30 hours+)
The Way (30 hours+)
Ahriman Prophecy (30 hours+)
Three the Hard Way (30 hours+)
Romancing Walker (30 hours+)
Final Fantasy: Endless Nova (20 hours+)
Fable of Heroes (20 hours+)

Onyx 2 is also pretty long, but I don't remember the approximate amount.

There's also both of Amanda's games, but they cost money.

As a side note, length =! quality, though most of the games I've listed are reasonably good.

There's also Everlong, which is about a 20-40 hour game. I've only played through a bit of it, but it's actually pretty good from what I played.
Plus the other games Karsuman mentioned.
I second Everlong. It is a really big game, but the person who made it has a good grip on pacing, so the player is rarely overwhelmed. Last Scenario is also highly recommended, if you can get it to work. I'm not a big fan of Legacies of Dondoran, but other people have said good things about it so you should definitely give it a try. It is quite long.

The Way is probably more like 20 hours long, but the game has so many secrets that you're best off playing it more than once. I haven't finished it yet, but I played through a few of the episodes multiple times and the second time through I discovered a lot of stuff I didn't even knew existed.

The Sword and the Fish doesn't quite sustain its whole length, but it is pretty darn funny, so you might as well try it out.
I second Final Fantasy: Endless Nova. It's a real solid RPG Maker classic.
Everlong is a very nice game, I've played through about half of it. I also recommend Dragon Destiny by Rast... but that game's pretty hard and is only recommended for advanced players. (With advanced computers. XD)
With how long ago Dragon Destiny came out (2004, I think), I'm sure any PC bought in the last three years or so could handle it. But the difficulty may be an issue.

Also, it seems like any RM RPG that is more than five hours long could be considered a long RPG. Most RPGs in parts could essentially be four to six five-hour RPGs. And how much of the length is from grinding? Dragon Quest games and games derived from them (Dragon Saga IV, Three the Hard Way- the item drop rate comes to mind) have most of the play time spent fighting monsters.

Five hours is good, because you can play it in a day or a week, depending on the amount of time spent on it each day. This also increases replay value- if you didn't spend TOO long on the RPG, you probably will want to see some of the extras that might have been included, whereas you won't with a 40+ hour RPG.

I thought I had a long RPG, but it was only seven hours long! How do people make it 40-50 hours, then?
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
author=VideoWizard link=topic=1574.msg24793#msg24793 date=1216717455
I thought I had a long RPG, but it was only seven hours long! How do people make it 40-50 hours, then?
Monsters. Tough monsters and sidetrips aplenty. But don't reduce hero speed to extend playtime, and don't set the encounter rate ridiculously high, either! Assuming you use random encounters at all...

My games are fairly long as well. I don't know for certain the exact play time, but when I speed ran it with the encounters off and owned all the bosses with 999 hits, it still took 7 hours to get through everything (sidetrips included).
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=VideoWizard link=topic=1574.msg24793#msg24793 date=1216717455

This might sound odd, but I have no idea. Lots and lots of dungeons, items, and skills. Sidequests, secrets, long and difficult fights.
I've got what ammounts to a 20 hour story for SHADOW'S REACH at this moment in time, add it sidequests and minigames and I guess that ammounts to 30. I've always been worried that the game would feel too long and contain dungeons just 'there to be time killers' which can sometimes kill a game dead in its tracks if you're not careful.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
I don't mind playing a 100 hour game as long as it isn't filled with useless crap and reptitive gameplay and level grinding.
I think all of my games are within the 15-20 hour range. I don't think it's because of long fights, though. In fact, most of the battles are really short.
author=Yeaster link=topic=1574.msg26663#msg26663 date=1218115098
I think all of my games are within the 15-20 hour range. I don't think it's because of long fights, though. In fact, most of the battles are really short.

I haven't finished all of them, but ONYX was REALLY long(40-50 hoursish, as I mentioned above). Though I will admit that at least some of that gameplay time comes from retrying the tougher boss fights.
Wow. Really?

I really had no idea what I was doing when I made Onyx. I guess I got too excited with RPG Maker and I couldn't stop.

I don't think my others are that long though. Vanity will probably be the shortest. Let's hope...

eta

I like how everyone's always saying "all of them" like I have a whole bunch. I only have three, with the last one released last year! :P
YDS
member of the bull moose party
That's kind of an odd request. I usually can't stand most long games, mainly because most long games have no substance to them. That said, I can only think of The Way Series (not technically a single game) and Legacy of Dondoran.

g'luck
author=Jparker1984 link=topic=1574.msg24731#msg24731 date=1216676291
sorry if this is the wrong forum. I was wondering if there are any long RPG Maker Games. Most of the full games i find are like 15-20 hours at max. some as low as 8. Are there any around the time range of 35-40 hours

My game Maia 2K3 is around 40 hours. However, most people don't play it past 15 minutes.
Keep it up Maia. Keep it up...
Pages: 1