GREETINGS ALL

Pages: 1
Hey, everybody! I'm Merlandese. :)

I dropped by here to upload a game for the Indie Game Maker Contest 2014, but it's not so cool to drop a game and run off into the wild. I can't promise to be too active with a mixture of other forums and low internet in my life, but I'm fairly strong at dropping by and reading existing material. Lurking, I guess. Although I'm not a fan of the term. XD

About Me:

I dig JRPGs. I make games and music, but I also work at a local coffee shop. Coffee slinging is probably my favorite real-world job, although I've had quite a few with sound better on paper.

Here are some selected favorite games so we can all bond.

Favorite RPG Maker Games:

Quintessence - Kan's unfinished Quintessence series is what made me actively work on games with internet communities.
Sunset Over Imdahl - Imdahl's aesthetic and simplistic approach has influenced how I prefer to design games.
Halloween Bash - HB is a real gem, filled with character and flavor, but also with a solid battle system that doesn't wear out its welcome.

Favorite Mainstream Games:

Chrono Cross - Every detail of this game has me in its grip, even today.
Catherine - No other game carefully introduces the player to a situation wrought with anxiety while also compounding those feelings of anxiety in the puzzle mechanics.
Majora's Mask - The massive amount of subtlety in this game's world and atmosphere is baffling, especially considering that there's nothing subtle about a mouthed moon.
Resonance of Fate - Underrated as hell, RoF makes a truly brilliant, complex, and unforgiving battle system that has all the strategy of a turn-based affair while looking and feeling like an action game.
Loving JRPS, and then dropping Catherine and Majora's Mask. You, sir, are cool in my book!
My sister in law's favorite job was working at a houka (sp?) lounge, followed by working in a coffee shop. She has a regular 9-5 job but that's just to pay the mortgage. Ah well.

Welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay! *takes a sip of his McDonald's large double-double* so uncouth am I
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Kylaila
Loving JRPS, and then dropping Catherine and Majora's Mask. You, sir, are cool in my book!

Glad to hear it! The bonds have already begun to form...

author=kentona
Welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay! *takes a sip of his McDonald's large double-double* so uncouth am I

Sometimes you can't beat convenience. XD

author=Marrend
Your name sounds awefully familiar!

Haha! Yep, that's me. :P
Pages: 1