GREAT MMO I FOUND

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Recently I discovered great MMO. It's called Istaria and has dragons... as playable race.

Said MMO is F2P, with subscription option, but subscription isn't cheaty, it gives you access to few perks like building or access to test versions, but it isn't nothing major and you can play game just fine without paying, there are no "premium areas", like e.g. in Tibia (bleh).

Graphically it is stuck in 90s (very lowpoly graphics), but quests are strangely rewarding, even if most of them are standard fetch/kill x of y MMO fare. I can't say how it is in rest of game, as I'm still doing tutorial quests, but so far it is very good.

It's available at http://www.istaria.com
As someone who already played more than 100 MMORPGs and spends 20% of his lifetime in an MMORPG forum mainly reading MMORPG requests and recommending suitable MMORPGs, it feels rather weird for me if someone in a non-MMORPG forum creates a thread of the type "Look, I found a great MMORPG!".

Also... is this thread about the game Istaria or is this a general "Recommend an MMORPG" thread? Because if there is some interest I can give you some insight on the currently popular/good F2P MMORPGs and promising upcoming ones.

As I don't know Istaria however, what makes this MMORPG so great? Is it mainly because you were looking for one where you can play as dragon? Well at least good to know for the next time when someone is looking for an MMORPG with dragons. :-)
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
author=RyaReisender
Also... is this thread about the game Istaria or is this a general "Recommend an MMORPG" thread? Because if there is some interest I can give you some insight on the currently popular/good F2P MMORPGs and promising upcoming ones.

And don't see why it can't be both.
author=RyaReisender
As I don't know Istaria however, what makes this MMORPG so great? Is it mainly because you were looking for one where you can play as dragon? Well at least good to know for the next time when someone is looking for an MMORPG with dragons. :-)

Several reasons actually:
1) Of course dragons, but it is one of least great things about this game. Of course it is cool, but there are more important things that make it so great.
2) Its free to play model isn't botched, there are some perks rooting from subscription, but game definitely isn't Pay2Win (unless you buy items from other players for real cash, that is ;).
3) Advanced crafting. From what I read about this game and what I've seen up to this point, game's crafting seems to be even more advanced than runescape's. Basically, except few very basic items that are given to you by tutors, everything needs to be crafted. It is really cool and because of that game's don't feel like grind (at least to the point I got).
4) Even though quests seems to be standard MMO fare (fetch quests or kill x quests), they're strangely rewarding. Never felt in this game yet like I am grinding. I can't really explain it well, you need to play it to understand.
Pages: 1