RMN TAGLINE THREAD

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
For non-quote taglines, you could try offering suggestions that are actually useful, like reminding people about various site features. Though of course, there's nothing wrong with still being snarky about it.

Suggestions:
"Make a playlist of games you want to recommend!"
"Make a playlist of games you want to play!"
"Mark a screenshot as looking for feedback, then wait for your ego to be completely crushed."
"If you liked a game that came out this year, nominate it for the Misao awards!"
"You can submit Let's Play videos as media for other people's games."
"Anyone can write a review! Just don't write like a third grader."
"Please buy something from our store. We are poor because Pom Gets Wifi takes up all our bandwidth."
"Makerscore is earned by your contributions to the site."
"Subscribe to a game to receive notices when it updates. And when it gets a new screenshot. And when someone comments on it. And when the developer farts."
"Everyone here is an amateur. Offer advice if you think it'll help their game. (They will probably respond best if you're super rude about it.)"

I also suggest portions of some of the subforum descriptions:
"Speak out on various game design fundamentals, game development, aesthetics, and experiences spanning a large variety of topics."
"Need help with game making or have a problem with an engine you just can't figure out on your own?"
"Are you a spriter, writer, scripter, musician or artist offering help or resources?"
"Forum $ponsored by EA Sports"
"Slightly classier than moronic. Slightly."
"Press 1 for English, 2 for |337 speak."

And finally, how is this not a tagline?:
"Contribute lots."
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
author=LockeZ
For non-quote taglines, you could try offering suggestions that are actually useful, like reminding people about various site features. Though of course, there's nothing wrong with still being snarky about it.

Suggestions:
"Make a playlist of games you want to recommend!"
"Make a playlist of games you want to play!"
"Mark a screenshot as looking for feedback, then wait for your ego to be completely crushed."
"If you liked a game that came out this year, nominate it for the Misao awards!"
"You can submit Let's Play videos as media for other people's games."
"Please buy something from our store. We are poor because Pom Gets Wifi takes up all our bandwidth."
"Makerscore is earned by your contributions to the site."
"Subscribe to a game to receive notices when it updates. And when it gets a new screenshot. And when someone comments on it. And when the developer farts."
"Everyone here is an amateur. Offer advice if you think it'll help their game. (They will probably respond best if you're super rude about it.)"

I also suggest portions of some of the subforum descriptions:
"Speak out on various game design fundamentals, game development, aesthetics, and experiences spanning a large variety of topics."
"Need help with game making or have a problem with an engine you just can't figure out on your own?"
"Are you a spriter, writer, scripter, musician or artist offering help or resources?"

"Contribute lots."

I AGREE WITH THIS.
author=LockeZ

"Contribute lots."

I like those ones~

Just the right amount of snark and information.

"If at first you don't make game, try... try, try, try, try, try, try, ask for feedback, try, try, listen to feedback, try, try, try, DO. Sometimes it takes a while."

"The difference between demo and complete: Discipline and dedication."

"Before you team, make real a dream!"

Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
How about this?

"We can wait for a game... even if it lasts like Half-Life 3"
"Start young, so you can grow better."
"Making a game is certainly what life is in general. Keep going and don't stop."
"That game of yours that lasts an hour provided 5000+ hours of entertainment. Keep it up."
"Before you can have a team, let's us show them who you are!"
"Just remember, a demo ain't a trial."
"Research, think and listen. We call it RTL in RMN, MNF (My new friend)."
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Or some that are true to life:

"Remember, the sooner you start your game, the sooner you can abandon it for a new idea."
"The life of a dev: begin gam mak, beg for help, ragequit."
Oh, there was one LockeZ said once that I wish I knew where it was...
Found it!

LockeZ
You need to level up more before you can finish an impressive game. Grind experience points by making tiny shitty games.
@pianotm> Shouldn't it be 'beg for help, gam mak, ragequit'?
@pianotm> Shouldn't it be 'beg for help, gam mak, ragequit'?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The one about grinding experience points is already a tagline.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=pianotm
"Remember, the sooner you start your game, the sooner you can abandon it for a new idea."

THIS is good. xD
Where bad ideas go to die.
But that's more depressing. :(
RMN: Where hope goes to die.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
I think there's a tagline that says "Where inspiration goes to die."

I'm not sure. I made the list such a long time ago, it's hard to stay in the loop. Is my list still up to date by the way? I never know when Kentona will just add 100 more.

Edit / Official Tagline:

Where motivation goes to die.
LockeZ
Things you cannot do in RM2K3:

1) Design gameplay features
author=Pizza
LockeZ
Things you cannot do in RM2K3:

1) Design gameplay features

Well, to be fair, you can. It just takes a lot of hard work and ingenuity. So...

Hi! I'm 17 and have ideas.

I like this.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=kentona
Hi! I'm 17 and have ideas.
I like this.

Sounds like me if I hadn't lurked first.