WHAT HAVE YOU DONE RECENTLY?

Pages: first 12345 next last
I'd like for people to post in this topic towards the end of the day.

Aside from the basics (sleeping, eating, working), what have you done today? Or what has happened to you? Played any games, made any progress developing your own game, watched any TV (or movies, or anime, etc.), read any books (comic or otherwise)?
Don't just list what you've done; elaborate! Give us some thoughts about it!

I used some of the 4000 MS points I had bought yesterday to obtain Bomberman Live and Carcassone, and played a little bit of each. Bomberman was good fun, and I hope to play lots of matches with my friends (including certain people on this site =p). Carcassone was enjoyable as well. I like it a lot more than Catan. I don't get the chance to play these tabletop games in their original forms, because I don't have any friends that play them, so it's an interesting experience for me.

I wish I had friends that played D&D and the like, though...

After that, most of my day was spent working on character sets for Generica townspeople (which you can see here: http://www.rpgmaker.net/forums/index.php?topic=67.msg2245#msg2245).
It was a little hard at first, as this is the first character set I've made from scratch, as opposed to copy/pasting, palette-swapping, and minor editing. I still don't know if I can honestly say it was from scratch, as I often referenced Dragon Quest IV character sets.

In any case, I was able to make some headway into the task. It's hard for even me to gauge my abilities, seeing as this is my first serious attempt at both character sets and tilesets, and they are deliberately derivative (and lacking in detail). However, I'd like to get a lot better!

It wasn't a terribly eventful day for me, since I spent a fair amount of time napping in between all this.
I hope to play more games tomorrow.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Let's see.

I went to work at 8 AM and played DoTA for a little bit before work started.
Worked until 1:30 PM. Went home for lunch for an hour. Came back to work.
Worked until 6:45 PM. Went home and my dad was there. Sat around for an hour and talked.
Went and got a pizza. Watched The Guardian with Kevin Costner.
Got on the computer. Tried to fix an annoying bug on the site.
Said screw it and played WoW for 45 minutes.
Played Lost Legend for about 20 minutes.
Went to sleep.

THE END
author=WIP link=topic=158.msg2259#msg2259 date=1185995374
Went and got a pizza. Watched The Guardian with Kevin Costner.

I didn't know you were friends with Kevin Costner!! You should introduce me sometime.

Yesterday, I:

- Slept in.
- Went to work late.
- Got home late.
- Installed RAM into my computer.
- Tried to get music software working, to no avail.
- Said screw it, and bought Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines for PC, because it was only $20 on Direct2Drive.
- Played Vampire:TM:B for much of the night. It frequently crashed.
- Would assist Kyrsten in unpacking from time to time, between sessions of Vampire:TM:B.
- Discovered that someone, possibly Kyrsten, has scratched my HDTV.
- Went to bed late.
- Woke up Kyrsten to adjust the mattress.
- Gave Kyrsten a backrub.

Today, I have:

- Slept in.
- Went to work late. Forgot lunch at home =(.
- Had emergency pot pie for lunch. It was not very filling.
- Will probably get home late.
- Might purchase Brave Story for PSP. Either way it is probably videogames all night.
-Wake up at around 7 AM
-Get ready for summer school
-Go to school
-Eat breakfast
-Go to first class
-Eat Lunch
-Go to second class
-Go home inviting my friend along
-Go on my laptop
-Play games with my friend (not the wrong way)
-Say goodbye to my friend
-Work on my game
-Respond to this topic
Phew.

Today I:

Finished watching Zero no Tsukaima. My thoughts on the first season will likely be posted to my anime topic later, but I'm looking forward to starting on the second season.

Finished the first Generica character set. I'm not 100% happy with the way the guard character turned out (particularly the side view), but I guess I'm satisfied enough to say it's finished! He was definitely the most difficult so far, and I get the feeling the playable characters will probably be at least as challenging.

Started rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Having finished the Deathly Hallows, I felt like revisiting the beginning of it all. It's very nostalgic.

Bought Marathon: Durandal on Xbox Live. It was Bungie's big sci-fi FPS trilogy before Halo, and it seems pretty fun so far. Definitely dated, but I loved that I could punch the crap out of everything in the first level. It no longer seems to be a viable strategy as of the second level, though. Unfortunately.

Went to work. Terrible. I bag groceries at a commissary. I can work whenever I want to (at least 3 times a week), but I work for tips only. When I started working, I could expect a fairly steady $10/hr. I liked all the other baggers who worked when I started. I knew all their names and everyone was actually almost like a family.

They're long gone, replaced by kids who would rather gossip and screw around than work. There are so many baggers working now, my wages generally fluctuate from below minimum wage to just below my $10/hr average. Today was one of the worst "below minimum wage" days I've seen in a long time.

If it weren't for the fact that I can come and go as I please (excellent for a college student who doesn't have to pay for anything aside from gas), I would have found another job a while ago.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
This is the most pathetic thing I have ever wrote.

I woke up at nearly 11:00am. I helped me wife make some lunch (honey battered chicken finger thingies... really good). Then my wife decided to watch Premonition with my brother and his girlfriend. That meant exit stage right for me, and I played Final Fantasy XII for about two hours. I wasn't feeling the best today so I decided to take a nap around 4:00pm. Naps are awesome.

When I woke up, my wife had me help do some laundry and make dinner - spaghetti and garlic bread. I made a feast that my wife took credit for. Then Around 7:30pm my wife left to go to her mom's, but left my daughter with me because she had fallen asleep. I tucked her in and went straight back to Final Fantasy XII.

At around 11:00pm my daughter woke up and screamed for her mom and wouldn't stop. I ended up calling my wife so she would come back home. However, my daughter was now wide awake so we drove around town for like fourty minutes until she went back to sleep.

Epic.
author=rcholbert link=topic=158.msg2274#msg2274 date=1186040274
honey battered chicken finger thingies
spaghetti and garlic bread.
I'm coming over to your house RIGHT NOW.

I haven't eaten any decent home cooking in so long... =(
author=Gredlen link=topic=158.msg2276#msg2276 date=1186040523
I haven't eaten any decent home cooking in so long... =(

Get an apartment and learn how to cook, you slacker. :'(

Holbert I love you so muuuuch <3 <3
I'll go by yesterday, since today I just woke up.

Woke up around noon.
Made lunch (bacon and eggs).
Played DoTA until about 4PM.
Checked out RMXP.org/RPGMaker.net
Downloaded and played Calibre's Cell Chamber until about 5:30PM.
Went over to my friend's where he taught me the rules for Warhammer Fantasy.
Played Mordheim until about midnight.
Came home, finished Calibre's Cell Chamber.
Wrote a mini-review, and went to bed.

Also @Gredlen:

Carcasonne is awesome to play with the actual game and tiles. Much better than the XBox Live version. I love it so much more than Catan and other similar table-tops because even when you are losing, you can still make a come back and have fun.
Today I watched the first episode of the second season of Zero no Tsukaima, as well as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Nekogoroshi-hen). I was very satisfied with Zero no Tsukaima, but the episode of Higurashi was pretty minor.

Then I played some Kagetsu Toya, which is a semi-sequel to the visual novel Tsukihime. Kagetsu Toya is also a visual novel, in which you relive the same day over and over. You can choose from a large variety of options, and you'll have to in order to pick up clues about what's happening. It's really interesting... and would totally not appeal to 95% of the people reading this!

Then I went to work, which sucked. I had $1 left after eating dinner! It seems high school started recently, so hopefully all the other baggers will stop coming in as much.

... Hm. What did I do today?!
I was supposed to play Gears of War with someone, but apparently he goes to sleep really early. Seriously, 3 am? Weak.

*usually goes to sleep at around 12...*
Let's see if I can remember all I did yesterday.

Woke up around 10.
Went to a friends house from like 1 to 5 and played some video games.
Went with him to batting cage for an hour.
Went to a cricket team practice from 6 to 8:30.
Came home and finished a Restaurant Menu project and took it to Kinkos.
Went to Steak and Shake at midnight with my brother. Had a Mocha Milkshake. Was great.
Came home played some F-zero GX. Amazing game. Went to bed at 2.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Zohaib link=topic=158.msg2291#msg2291 date=1186165792
Let's see if I can remember all I did yesterday.

Woke up around 10.
Went to a friends house from like 1 to 5 and played some video games.
Went with him to batting cage for an hour.
Went to a cricket team practice from 6 to 8:30.
Came home and finished a Restaurant Menu project and took it to Kinkos.
Went to Steak and Shake at midnight with my brother. Had a Mocha Milkshake. Was great.
Came home played some F-zero GX. Amazing game. Went to bed at 2.

Graphics arts student?

Also, F-Zero GX didn't sell nearly as well as it should have. Best racing game I've ever played.
Masamune
A guy walks into a bar and his alcoholism is destroying his family.
I woke up at 5:15, put on some pants and got my ass to White Plains to go to work. Then I
- worked through lunch, because we got nothing accomplished yesterday
- met my Dad and brother at some parking garage to go home
- took a shower
- posted on the internets.
Let's see... I suppose this is for yesterday now.

Woke up 7AM
Got dressed
Helped the little kids get their stuff to the pavilion (and the girls too)
Hit the flagpole for a little while
Had to turn around and get my stuff in my mom's car
Returned only to find out I had to serve breakfast for my table
Sang "You Are So Beautiful" to a deer head to get stuff at breakfast
Ate breakfast
Got my instrument on the bus
Practiced with the band/jazz band
Ate pizza/played cards
Played the concert
Said all my teary goodbyes (not really teary, but certainly goodbyes)
Went to Applebee's for dinner
Got back home and played Tales of the Abyss for about four hours
Did some "stuff"
Posted this crap

Might help to say that I was at band camp for the past week and the concert was today.
Poor Gred. =(

Woke up at about 8:30.
Headed to the mall to get new sneakers.
Checked out GameStop and bought Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.
Got back home around 1PM.
Moved stuff out of my room so that we can paint it.
Played VP2.
Took a shower.
Went to 5PM mass at church.
Drove back home then had dinner.
Played a lot of Tales of the Abyss (and got the airship!).
Posted this.

Yay fun. Tomorrow I get to go back to my stringent schedule of filling out scholarships and doing summer schoolwork. .___.;;
author=WIP link=topic=158.msg2302#msg2302 date=1186172501
Graphics arts student?

Also, F-Zero GX didn't sell nearly as well as it should have. Best racing game I've ever played.
Nope. I'm a marketing major but am pretty good with graphic design so I do that stuff every now and then.
Yeah, F-Zero GX is just an amazing racing game, my fav. It gets my adrenaline pumping every time. 4 player is a blast.
Went to work all day (about 8am to 7pm).
I and a couple of others went to a friend's house shortly after, had pizza, and played Fatal Frame II for a while. We're playing in first-person mode. I was scared to drive back home at around 2am. Maybe there are ghosts behind me as I type this. ;_;
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I woke up in a small cabin, took a shower (it was cold for a few minutes because the power went out :< ), ate breakfast with some other counselors, played Solitaire, made a fancy list of the names of kids in my cabin this week (we hang it on the door) and then sat around until my dad picked me up. Now I get to use the internet after a month!

Okay, I have to go away for another two weeks, bye.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Another lazy day to report!

I woke up this morning and ran through some quests on LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) with fellow RMN'ers Gadreel and Ankylo. I was supposed to go to church but didn't wake up in time. Then I left to get some lunch.

My wife was gone for most of the day for some baby shower. I swear, there is something in the water around here.

While she was gone, I worked on touching up some stuff on my blog for a bit and saved some drafts of new content. I then temporarily restricted my brother's access to the PC, 360, PS2, etc through the use of passwords and family settings because he was being a dick.

Had pizza, and lots of it, for dinner.

Moved some air conditioners around because one room was particulary stifling. I was planning on running some instances in LOTRO at night, but my daughter decided she couldn't sleep without me. That made her mommy upset. Holb's in the dog house.
Pages: first 12345 next last