HOW DO I MODIFY THE PARAMETERS AND EX-PARAMETERS?

Pages: 1
Hi there!

Well, here's what I want to do: I want to remove a majority of the stats (Mdf, TP, Luk, etc.), and I want to modify the damage multiplier of Criticals (since it's too high to be reasonable).

I understand that this can only be done with scripts, but I'm not really fluent in Ruby yet, so please make it as close to English as possible :)

Thank you!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
It looks like the critical multiplier is applied with the Game_Battler.apply_critical function. By default, it goes...

def apply_critical(damage)
  damage * 3
end

...so, I presume you change that 3 to whatever you think it should be. Like 2 which is what I thought it was before looking it up this way.

That aside, I'm not so sure about how to functionally remove MDF or LUCK from the status screen. Outright ignoring the existence of MDF is one thing, but I know LUCK somehow factors into status resistances (though not much else).
To remove the effect of luck, open the script editor and click on Game_Battler. The easiest way is to first locate this part:
  def luk_effect_rate(user)

[1.0 + (user.luk - luk) * 0.001, 0.0].max
end

Change it to following:
  def luk_effect_rate(user)

#[1.0 + (user.luk - luk) * 0.001, 0.0].max
end

LUK will still exist, but it will no longer have any effect.

Mdf is easy to make having no effect, just don't enter it into the skill formulas.

For Ex-parameters and Sp-parameters, if you give every character a HIT of 100 and no other Ex or Sp parameter, then it will be as if they didn't exist. Of course, modify the Ex and Sp parameters that you do want to affect your game.

Now we want Mdf and LUK not to show up on the status screen. In the script editor, go to Window_Status and locate a section that says following:
  def draw_parameters(x, y)

6.times {|i| draw_actor_param(@actor, x, y + line_height * i, i + 2) }
end

Change it to following:
  def draw_parameters(x, y)

#6.times {|i| draw_actor_param(@actor, x, y + line_height * i, i + 2) }
draw_actor_param(@actor, x, y + line_height * 0, 0 + 2)
draw_actor_param(@actor, x, y + line_height * 1, 1 + 2)
draw_actor_param(@actor, x, y + line_height * 2, 2 + 2)
draw_actor_param(@actor, x, y + line_height * 3, 4 + 2)
end

Magic defense and luck should no longer show up on the status screen. There are probably other places it shows up though. Let me know wherever you spot it.
Thanks everyone!

I already attempted to break the commands, and nothing seems to be out of order.
Pages: 1