SLASH DOES ART

Pages: first 123 next last
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS

Hi, I'm slash, or Agent V, and I make art sometimes, for my games or just because... so here we go!

I recently did some pixels for Mirror Boy. These are the ones I think turned out the best!

A couple simple characters...

I've only recently moved up from pencil sketches to a drawing tablet, and I'm still learning a lot. I'd love any tips people might have, especially with color and light, because I don't have much experience in those areas... thanks!

Gonna keep working hard :D
Those are nice!
This tutorial here was very helpful to me and interesting: http://rianald.deviantart.com/art/Why-shadows-aren-t-gray-321656856
ooh the purple haired girl is especially pretty ;w;

You pick a lot of great colors for your works. I think you have a lot of potential for making emotional and evocative paintings.

For tips on tablets, I'll say draw what you like and don't get obsessed with miniscule details/flaws that are easier to see on the screen. Be free, and have fun! =D
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ahhh, thanks you two!

@accha: Oh geez! For the purple girl, I was actually messing with a small hue range after seeing the Dreaming Mary title screen >__> So thank you!

@Avee: Sweet! Someone mentioned that to me, about colored shadows and light sources recently, but I still don't know much about it. Thanks!
Cool! Your NES-style tiles are simple and effective. I like the animations. Your drawing style is cute and distinctive, too. I particularly like the blue girl; the purple outlines add a lot of energy. One suggestion I have is experimenting more with shadow colors. Shadows will generally be cooler than midtones, often tending towards blue or purple.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Thanks, Peri :)

This is Lily!

The Rat Queen!

I'm trying to find a balance between good-looking colors and speed right now; I think my colors tend to get worse the more time I spend tweaking them ;_; These sketches have really simple color schemes and styles... I'd love to hear what you think about 'em!

I'm also messing with a bunch of different line styles, and trying to figure out which kinds of lines go well with which kinds of colors - these last two were inspired by Maruti Bitamin and Omo-Cat, respectively :)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I've been playing a lot of Smash, so I drew Robin...

... and then a couple of Mirror Boys!
The Mirror Boy is really cute in that last drawing... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lily, the Rat Queen, and Robin are also very cool~ You seem to gravitate towards bright purples a lot, which is unusual but stylistically interesting. It looks good when you match the purple with the yellow and an analogous color (either the red or the blue) since it gives, I guess, a sense of color balance?

I don't actually know what I'm talking about but the overall message is that it's turning out nicely =D

I really do love your sketchy drawing style, though.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Thanks accha \o/ I used to do everything in a sorta sketchy style and it seems to work okay with some color added too.

Yea, I've been using a lot of purple lately! I don't know why, it was totally unintentional! Although I've always liked reds and blues so maybe that makes sense? Plus, Peri was totally right before, I really like dark purple shadows... And then orange stands out really well against purples and blues, so... I guess it works! :D
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

You talented bastard.
I really like this. :)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
heheh, thanks dude...soft :D
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS

A couple little things from last week:

I flopped around a lot figured out what style I was aiming for here, especially with the colors... Not really happy with it but I'm probably not gonna take it further! I think I should stick to simpler color texturing, at least until I get more practice. I think I made this more complex then it had to be? My paint blending is weak >_<

Anyway after Youmacon I was in the mood to try some KLK fanart and Ryuko's cool so yea!

More purple, more Lily! This was pretty heavily inspired by the title screen for Moga's Safety: Life Is A Maze.
Cute stuff. The kid in the turtleneck with the crystals... I like it.
author=slashphoenix

Ahhhhh I love this so much! The colors, the style, the design, just love it :D Great work here!

author=slashphoenix
I'm trying to find a balance between good-looking colors and speed right now; I think my colors tend to get worse the more time I spend tweaking them ;_; These sketches have really simple color schemes and styles... I'd love to hear what you think about 'em!

It's a long read, but I was struggling with making a good palette earlier this year and found this forum thread helped me more than I could have ever hoped Color Theory thread. Now yes, it is for pixel art, but I applied everything I learnt here to my digital and traditional work and found it extremely beneficial to that as well :D It's a lot to just sit and read in one sitting, so I just recommend skimming over a few posts here and there in your free time or in between pieces.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Oh my gosh so cute Q_Q

And so colourful! T_T
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Yeah. You awesome artists better sign up for Battledome when it opens up! :)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ahh, thanks, everyone!! This really made my day :D

I'll definitely make sure to read that topic soon, Homunculus. I've been dying for more tips on color.

And what is this mysterious Battledome, Dudesoft?

---

My internet went out for a few days and my computer crashed, so I didn't have as much time to work on stuff last week, but I did a little thing!

I like it. You have minimal detail, but your characters are still expressive. Nice, dude.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS

Rook Wakes, coming soon to a rpg maker site near you!

a couple cuties cuddlin' on a couch
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I love your style! It's simple and clean and lovely to look at. And your color schemes are fab.
Pages: first 123 next last