SLASH DOES ART

Pages: first prev 123 next last
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Ebeth
I love your style! It's simple and clean and lovely to look at. And your color schemes are fab.

Ahh, thanks, Ebeth! I'm trying to try new color stuff as much as possible :D

~simple and clean is the waaaay that you're making me feel tonight, it's haaaaaard to let it go~

I drew Mirror Boy with a smile for once! Another thing with lots of purple.
I like this kinda clean style, but I want to try a more detailed style soon, just for fun...
I like using purple, too! I love the vibrant red hair.
unity
You're magical to me.
I love your art :DDDDD Mirror Boy's so cute in that picture!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=suzy_cheesedreams
I like using purple, too! I love the vibrant red hair.

I'm really digging purples and blues and reds recently! It's a lot of fun, I used to pick very basic color schemes and now I'm trying to play with weird contrasts and very bright, varied hues (but they always end up purple).

author=unity
I love your art :DDDDD Mirror Boy's so cute in that picture!

Ahh, thanks unity \o/ I was starting to feel bad for drawing him so sad all the time XD

---

I was working on a thing this weekend, but after a couple hours it wasn't really coming together :'(

Still, I have these little sketches of Anna!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS

Anna!!!! The more I draw her the more I like her as a character :D

This was a totally weird one! I was trying to mess more with color blending and intense lighting... I feel like maybe my reach exceeded my grasp, but it was a lot of fun, anyway.

(Also, I've never drawn a character from behind before...butts are tricky!!)
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I love it. I actually like how saggy the paints are around the butt region. It's very stylish. That palette and style! :O Reminds me somewhat of the Omori portrait.

Yeah it looks amaaazing T_T
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Thanks! I'm glad it turned out okay! I was definitely copping off that Omori picture very much XD

I really dig all of Omocat's stuff! She has so many different styles and her colors are fantastic, and I end up looking at a lot of her pieces for ideas (or just to bounce off of for practice like this one!)
Mirror Boy is so cute ;_;

Your color experiments are turning out awesome! Especially in your back-drawing of Anna, the light colors look really pretty and delicate against the blue/red. You're on the track to something amazing here, and I'll look forward to your next work >w<
*(^D^)**(-3-)**(^b^)* FANART TIME!! *(^D^)**(-3-)**(^b^)*

This was a really good exercise in clothing and I thought you'd appreciate it! I'm not sure if the two characters are from the same series, but I find them to contrast each other perfectly! If you ever make this a game, keep that in mind :3
I'm planning to color this soon, so I'll update this post with the colored one when it's done :D
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=accha
Mirror Boy is so cute ;_;

Your color experiments are turning out awesome! Especially in your back-drawing of Anna, the light colors look really pretty and delicate against the blue/red. You're on the track to something amazing here, and I'll look forward to your next work >w<

Ahhhh, thanks accha :D That means a lot to me! I managed to learn a lot this year by just trying a lot of new things and churning out drawings, and I'm hoping to do even more next year \o/

author=UnknownMessiah
*(^D^)**(-3-)**(^b^)* FANART TIME!! *(^D^)**(-3-)**(^b^)*

This was a really good exercise in clothing and I thought you'd appreciate it! I'm not sure if the two characters are from the same series, but I find them to contrast each other perfectly! If you ever make this a game, keep that in mind :3
I'm planning to color this soon, so I'll update this post with the colored one when it's done :D

Holy shit, I can't handle this, this is fantastic!! I love it! Thank you! I really, really like the clothing designs you did; you totally captured their personalities :D I'd love to see it when it's fully colored! I've never had fan art before...

So Mirror Boy has his own little game, but I liked the character a lot and I wanted to go further with him, so I decided to also put him in a game I'm working on now (with Anna, Lily, Rook, and pretty much all the characters I've been drawing recently). And you're right, their personalities are definitely contrasting - Mirror Boy's meek and thoughtful while Anna is energetic and reckless. I guess I did a decent job with my drawings if that came across, haha ;^_^
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
slowly but surely, I draw

---

One of my goals for 2014 was to draw as much as possible (and I totally did! From my sketch folder alone, I drew like, four times as much as I did in 2013) So, in 2015, I've been trying to draw something every day!

I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew!

a girl from q-ko chan (I love the style!)

Perihelion's nerdy hero! I don't think she has a name yet Her name is Clara, and Peri keeps telling me about her and her dorky evil style is too good not to draw. Only three colors!

I also drew Mary from accha's Dreaming Mary... I like this one a lot, but I wish I had more time to spend on it!

It's rough, I only have a couple hours every day to work on games and art, so I feel like I'm still rushing to get everything done before I get to work! I don't spend as much time on polish or preplanning or backgrounds as I should ;_; I'm gonna try my best to work on bigger pieces this year... or maybe just get faster...

I like the one of Perihelion's character. The dark green sits really well with the orangey-yellow & cyan.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ahh, thanks! Yea, I remember seeing a green-orange palette somewhere and really liking it...

---

I've been all over the place and doing a lot of code recently, but I've still been drawing every day!

Another character from Rook Wakes! What's his name? Even I don't know yet...

A silly quick self-portrait I drew for McBacon's jam using Nivlacart's template. I need to grind more stats!

Speaking of the jam, I'm doing the art for a game with Unity, Gourdy, and Max! Hopefully I can make some cool stuff for it... I'll post the stuff I really like here!
author=suzy_cheesedreams
I like the one of Perihelion's character. The dark green sits really well with the orangey-yellow & cyan.

I agree!! It has a lot of personality, especially with your style! Looks really great!
Mary looks adorable, thank you for drawing her as well~

The Rook Wakes guy is awesome too. Somehow your green bg + yellow figure palettes leave a great impression. I love the subtle line shading, it's definitely a good stylistic element for your art.

Your self portrait is cute, too! Good luck with the game jam, I'll look forward to seeing what you guys come out with! When you have the three nicest people with the bluntest guy on RMN, it'll for sure be interesting XD
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Thanks accha :D I'll have to remember about the line shading, I like messing with it. I've been playing around with a lot of different styles to see what I really dig :)

---

I did some sprites & portraits for our McBacon Game Jam. We didn't finish, but I got to practice a lot and work with very cool people :D

Melissa & Luke walkin' sprites

Melissa!

This was from a WIP pic of Lily, but I accidentally deleted the full-size file, so it's lost forever ;_; I like her hair here, though.

doodles~
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Hi! I did some little things! I'm trying to stay on top of daily practice :)

Rat Queen, Queen of Rats.

Lily dressed up to go to the show!

Rook smiling, for a change :) I thought I'd try my hand at painting and blending for the first time in a while, and I had a lot of fun!

---

I really need to set myself some concrete goals to improve upon! As always, if you have any critique or suggestions, I'm all ears~
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Hi! I haven't been drawing as much recently :P I've been neck-deep in a new project I've been calling Bossgame, for lack of a real title. It's still just a prototype... anyway, here's some stuff!

Perihelion was painting all sorts of cool backgrounds last week and I got inspired / jealous so I tried some, too. The second one is super-inspired by Steven Universe, which has some fantastic, fantastic backgrounds, if you haven't seen it. I think that kind of style would work perfect for a battle background, right?

Characters from Bossgame! I've been messing with more styles. The first one is Emily, who is a lich (and one of the bosses). I don't know if Hoodie's final name is actually gonna be Hoodie. I'm definitely sticking with Mirror Boy, though~

I need to practice drawing clothes that aren't t-shirts and hoodies, so I drew Mirror Boy in a cute dress. The frills were fun.

---

Until next time!
unity
You're magical to me.
Rock that dress, Mirror Boy! :DDDD

I love seeing your art! You weren't kidding when you said the characters for Bossgame were going to be cool! I'm looking forward to it! ^_^
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Hehehe, thanks so much, Unity :D

I'm super super excited for Bossgame! There's still a ton up in the air, I don't know exactly what's happening with the art yet and the plot is still a mess, but the more I get to draw and write the characters, the more I like them. I wanna show it off and talk about it more, but it's not ready yet ;_; Knowing people are excited about it makes me wanna work twice as hard!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS

I've been trying to be productive on Bossgame, so I haven't been drawing as much recently ;__; These are just some little doodles from this morning.

More bossgame stuff! The heroes are a bunch of dorks~
Pages: first prev 123 next last