MALAYSIA AIRLINES BOEING CRASH IN UKRAINE

Pages: first prev 123 last
author=Shadski
Has anyone else seen this?

I think some games and movies might actually affect some people's view of Russia. For the most part though, I think this person might just be an idiot.

I wanna say he's trolling, but ya never know...

My impression of Russia from TV and such is that its always grey and snowing, even in the middle of July; all the men are hardy, philosophical, masters of sambo, and drink lots of wodka; all the women are amazingly tall, sexy, sharp-tongued, and secretly spies; all the politicians are ex-KGB and engage in the most ruthless of Real Politik; and your job will pay you in bicycles or whatever instead of real currency.

But that's just my highly educated 'Murican non-opinion.

(Also, FireFox doesn't recognize "sambo" as a word lol)
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
DISCLAIMER: I have no hatred towards Russian people, more over I have many Russian friends. All I hate is Putin. As a person and as politician. I would hate him exactly as much no matter of country he'd be from. Whether it's Russia, China, US, Ireland, New Zealand or (shudder) Poland, I'd hate Putin exactly as much because he is terrible person and most likely insane asylum candidate.

That being said, I think Russians should kill this poor excuse of a president. They're already overturned other dipshit, around century ago. It didn't end well only because they let another moron (Joseph Vissarionovich) into decision making spot. I am deeply ashamed for every person who is "close" to Vladimir "Batshit Insane" Putin and didn't try to kill this piece of human waste.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
Damn Rave, tell us how you really feel :)
I do agree with you and hope this rant makes you feel a little less bitter :)

Putin, by trying to reinvent the Soviet Union has made MANY people in nearby countries miserable.
I guess his KGB training and the way he was raised have a lot to do with the way he sees himself and the way he acts :(

I live in the U.S. as most people know from my profile on RMN. I we've stuck our nose into other countries. I just hope it was really to help the people have a free will to live in peace. If not, then we need to apologize for not doing the right thing....am I rambling ? probably :)
Rave
When I think about Russia, I think of great folk music, Matryoshkas, great Russian art and architecture, and of course, Tetris.

When I think about Russian GOVERNMENT (except Yeltzin's, he was good president even if he drink bit too much), I think about guys who'd be more handsome if they'd wear straight jackets and should live in white, comfy rooms.

I simply LOVE Russia, it has great culture, but has also one of the most batshit insane governments in the world.
Rave
For anyone still thinking Crimea "willfully" joined Russian Federation:

KGB tactics at its finest.
author=Rave
I simply LOVE Russia, it has great culture, but has also one of the most batshit insane governments in the world.
This. This is also the case for my country. I know it's starting to change, but we've a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

That said, I'm with Rave. Russia is a really fine, albeit cold, country.

author=Linkis
We've stuck our nose into other countries. I just hope it was really to help the people have a free will to live in peace. If not, then we need to apologize for not doing the right thing....am I rambling ? probably :)
This is the only reason why I don't like the US Gov't. They offer 'freedom' in exchange for any combination of the following:
  • 'Democracy'
  • 'Alliance'
  • 'Business Investments'
  • 'Strengthening of International Relations'
    And the mother of all:
  • Trust
Granted, that we do owe the US. Their help is key to our current prosperity. But this is not enough to justify such high degree of imperialism. This is complete slavery and abuse, and we're literally asking for more.

Sorry 'bout ranting. And Linkis, please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the people. Just the gov't.

Ps. All the hate aside, Barrack is a pretty cool guy. He's a lawyer (right?). And he also seems to be quite a decent person. I can't see how all this shit is happening during his regime. I strongly believe he's not the major player in this.
author=Rave
All I hate is Putin. As a person and as politician. I would hate him exactly as much no matter of country he'd be from. Whether it's Russia, China, US, Ireland, New Zealand or (shudder) Poland, I'd hate Putin exactly as much because he is terrible person and most likely insane asylum candidate.

I'm not about to step up and defend Putin, but I wouldn't mind knowing where this furious hatred of him comes from.

author=Linkis
I live in the U.S. as most people know from my profile on RMN. I we've stuck our nose into other countries. I just hope it was really to help the people have a free will to live in peace.

Not since WW2, I'm afraid. You could argue for the Korean war, but things spiraled into darkness upon entering Vietnam.

author=karins_soulkeeper
Barrack is a pretty cool guy. He's a lawyer (right?). And he also seems to be quite a decent person. I can't see how all this shit is happening during his regime.

It's because he's a puppet.
Bush Jr should have scattered to the wind any belief that becoming the US President requires outstanding individual qualifications. The man was a buffoon. He was just the figurehead who stuttered his state of the unions and thought flipping the bird at cameras was funny. Meanwhile, government policy was made behind the scenes.
Obama's not as bad. He does have some guts and will do things to prevent alienating his democratic base, leaving himself open to attack (notice all the impeachment bids lately?). For example, we don't have boots on the ground in Syria or Ukraine due to Obama's deliberate hesitation and resistance. But yeah, he's just another Wall Street candidate. Don't expect anything positive beyond the bare minimum out of him.
Rave
author=Dyhalto
I'm not about to step up and defend Putin, but I wouldn't mind knowing where this furious hatred of him comes from.

Because man is clearly insane or at least mentally unfit to be a president. Too bad Medviediev was just a marionette, because he'd make better president for Russian people than this a-hole Putin.
author=karins_soulkeeper
Ps. All the hate aside, Barrack is a pretty cool guy. He's a lawyer (right?). And he also seems to be quite a decent person. I can't see how all this shit is happening during his regime. I strongly believe he's not the major player in this.

He was a civil rights attorney, so your analysis is correct.

He is not a major player on the global stage for various reasons, such as the divisive political climate, the war weariness of the United States and the myriad of scandals he's contending with to name a few reasons.

So far, the only action Obama has taken has been to levy sanctions against Russia.

author=Rave
Because man is clearly insane or at least mentally unfit to be a president.

He's a former KGB thug; I assure you he's not insane or mentally unfit. A calculating, vicious despot would be more of an accurate description of Putin.
Rave
No, he must be clearly insane to think that he'll get away with what's he's doing and not end like last of Romanov dynasty.

Also being insane doesn't exclude being smart. Quite the opposite - many serial killers were really intelligent and only got caught because either they wanted to or because they've become too arrogant.

Putin is becoming too arrogant as well and this arrogance will destroy him.
Well, if we're talking psychologically insane .. then no. Hitler wasn't, either. It wouldn't possibly work as well if they were. Which is the sad part.
It's just the normal, daily insanity of people. Twisted views make for great delusions.
Rave
As I said, being insane doesn't exclude being (insanely :P) smart. Many schizophrenics are chess masters. Many autistic people can do complicated calculations in their minds.

Finally, most of serial killers ARE smart, even if what they do is totally wrong and insane. Some of them are even smart enough to avoid being caught (Jack the ripper, Zodiac) - if they do get caught it is either because they're tired with all this, wanna get "famous" (as was the cause with son of Sam) or they've become too arrogant and started to make mistakes.

So yeah, Putin CAN be (and probably IS) both insane and very smart. Bad combination in his case and since he's starting to be too arrogant... Well, let's just say he won't live for long. There is a high chance of a deadly "heart attack".

Sorry, couldn't resist :D
Jesus, Rave. You keep yammering about Putin being "insane"* then trying to redefine the word in order to suit your claim, but you haven't cited a single reason why you think he is.
Here's a good reason why he isn't. Even though both sides are making conflicting claims, the one hard fact is : Over 400 armed soldiers crossed an antagonist's national border during a hot war and were granted asylum instead of execution.

*btw, the word "sociopathic" might be more like what you're after
Dyhalto, I read it and the only thing that's bothering me is that the Ukrainian tank is named 'Mouse'.

Well that, and this statement:

“The Russians are capable of claiming anything they want.”
author=Rave
As I said, being insane doesn't exclude being (insanely :P) smart.
Many autistic people can do complicated calculations in their minds.

You forget that, especially for autistic people, this intelligence is there and complicated calculations are possible, but they will struggle at daily tasks. Nevermind governing a country. Which is what sets psychological issues apart, as they usually are only diagnosed once they interfere with daily life. The vast majority of them can be handled just fine long-term, though.

Just wanted to add that, otherwise very true points ;)
author=karins_soulkeeper
Well that, and this statement:

“The Russians are capable of claiming anything they want.”
The Ukrainians are capable of claiming anything they want too. For example, they're capable of claiming that the Russians are capable of claiming anything they want.

Edit : In other news, an OSCE investigative team has reported evidence of machine gun fire on the fuselage of MH-17, which correlates with my original thesis that Ukrainian fighter jets took it down.
Pages: first prev 123 last