LEVELLING UP! CREATE YOUR BIRTHDAY CHARACTER!

I'm actually looking forward to getting to Linkis because most people don't break enough of the elemental affinity markers that govern spells to learn more than one or two elemental skills. Same with weapon/elemental affinities and the Elemental co-dependencies (I mean, there's only been one spell of three of those. There's a lot more of them capable of being unlocked!)

^.^

Also, who's to say that the skills you get will work the way you want them to, eh~? MUAHAHAHAHA~
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
@karines, like Liberty said: MUAHAHAHAHA~come on back in 53, I won't be around to cause trouble anyway :( hehehehehehe

With Libertys help, I'll be a tank/ORC and roll over everyone....maybe even myself :(
Oh hey, this is a good idea. I want a fancy status window, too. So I'll post mine soon. Btw, leveling is spelled with 1 L :3

Why does everyone assume Linkis will kill us? Aren't we all on the same team?!? Or maybe he goes rouge from all the abuse in the forums ;P
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
You all can fight whatever battles you want. Meanwhile I must commit myself to my training.
author=Link_2112
Oh hey, this is a good idea. I want a fancy status window, too. So I'll post mine soon. Btw, leveling is spelled with 1 L :3

Why does everyone assume Linkis will kill us? Aren't we all on the same team?!? Or maybe he goes rouge from all the abuse in the forums ;P

British spelling has it with two L's, so... being Australian means I use that spelling. Levelling~
Lv. 21

Total Stat Points: 105
Health: 10
Mana: 25
Strength: 0
Constitution: 25
Intelligence: 40
Agility: 0

Total Affinity Points: 21
Fire: 10
Earth: 3
Dark: 5
Light: 1
Non-Elemental: 2

Toral Equip Points: 21
Sword: 8
Staff: 10
Heavy Armor: 3

Magical tank
This is so much more fun if you make a screenshot! It's like an exercise in game design.

I'm assuming STR affects my bow attacks, since there is no DEX.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Nice graphics, Link. I would have thought AGI affected bow attacks though. STR usually affects swords.
I wanna do one for myself as well. I like designing stuff like that. XD

EDIT:

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Agility is usually for movement speed and dodging. Most games I've played use Str or Dex for ranged attacks. I don't recall any games that use Agi for that. Liberty, can you clarify? (for fun)

Yuna, you forgot your weapon. Is that from one of your games?

Psst, Dude, your HP won't be 100 in that build. It will be 100xsomething. You might want to put more of those points on your other stats. Lots of HP isn't much good if you don't have the def(con) to back it up.
ATK governs weapon usage (thus, Strength).
General rundown of stats:
Health will dictate your HP, and is modified by stat/elemental affinity.
Mana will dictate your HP, and is modified by stat/elemental affinity.
Strength determines your ATK and is modified by elemental affinity.
Constitution determines your DEF and is modified by elemental affinity.
Intelligence determines your MAG and is modified by elemental affinity.
Agility determines your SPD and is modified by elemental affinity.
Luck determines your LUK and is modified by elemental affinity.

ATK determines damage output.
DEF determines defence against physical attacks.
MAG determines magical damage output and defence.
SPD determines movement speed.
LUK determines critical rates, loot finding and general randomisation.

All five will interact with Elemental Affinities and Equipment Types to create skills.

There's a lot more to it than that, of course, but bare bones that's what each governs. Weapons will only deal damage based on ATK however enough of one stat can combine with your weapon stats to unlock weapon skills. Basically, most everything affects what skills are and are not unlocked.

A prime example of this is the skills Haste (Haste: Medium Armour Duration: 5 turns. Target: Self. Increases speed.) A high speed unlocks the skill if you have points in Medium Armour (not gonna tell you how much you need~)

I'll probably release the skill sheet after I do everyone but for now I'm keeping it as a surprise, hence why I didn't detail my sums. ;p

I may allow a personal skill (and I've some that I need to go back and add to previous posts which I forgot about >.<; ) but skills will be determined by all the numbers you give me interacting with each other~
K, thanks. Is this going to be finished before or after all that other stuff you need to do? contests and whatnot? :P
;.;

Obviously judging the Indie contest comes first, but like I said earlier, I'll be trying to get through this slowly (bit by bit) and will be getting the Wisaos up after the judging. As for the podcast (I have not forgotten!) that has to wait until I get the new computer that might be next month.

Am I forgetting something? I feel like I'm forgetting something...

Oh, right, Apon. I'll be working on it during the end of August/September. Plans~
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
OK, I made my character sheet and I put a lot of work into it. I really wanted it to be special.

Great work, Cash. Really inspiring.

Here's my revamped version of my stats:

Cry-Out-Loud Man Level 19

Health - 35
Mana - 10
Strength - 0
Constitution - 10
Intelligence - 30
Agility - 7
Luck - 3

Wind - 7
Water - 12

Bow - 9

Light - 5
Medium - 5

Green is my favorite color.
That's beautiful Cash,
And, yes, you're the best.

@outcry312
Green is my favorite color too.
A league of three? There must be more out there. I have a friend, her favorite color is green. She'll be in it too, so that's a start ;).
CashmereCat, since you have, like, no MP’s to speak of, shouldn’t the MP bar be completely empty?

BTW, these stat sheets that you guys made are pretty brilliant.