VX ACE [ALTERING TUTORIAL SCRIPT TO DISPLAY IMAGES]

Pages: 1
Okay so I got this cool ass script that lets me make tutorials, rite?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17484996/scripts/cdr-guide-1.0.rb

Alternate link

http://pastebin.com/Ye0K884t

However, it's programmed to display Scenes as the basis with message box overlays and forced key navigation (for menus and such), which is great, however sometimes what I want to explain would be best elaborated on with a simple screenshot from my 'Pictures' folder rather than a Scene. I still want to be able to do scenes, but what code do I have to put to enable pictures as well?

If you're unsure what I mean, I can definitely elaborate.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I can't open .rb files.

What do you mean by cant use pictures specifically pictures? Are you locked out from the event menu when you create a tutorial?
I edited the OP so it has a pastebin link as well, you should be able to see that.

author=Despite
What do you mean by cant use pictures specifically pictures? Are you locked out from the event menu when you create a tutorial?

Nah bro, I mean this;

# Example of shop guide
      3 => {
          :scene => Scene_Shop,
          :name => "How to Buy an Item",
          :party => 1,
          :goods => { # Optional, this will define the goods the shop will sell
                      :weapon => [1,2,3],
                      :armor => [1,2,3],
                      :item => [1,2,3]
                    },

You see how the script calls a 'Scene_Shop' (and in the game, at this point a Tutorial on how to buy items pops up. Disregard how ugly/messy the shop screen looks)

Which is nice, yeah, but IN ADDITION to being able to call up Scenes with a tutorial format overlay, what if I just want to call up a certain Picture file (which would be a screenshot of something) and have the tutorial overlay on that?
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
Are there any further option to that script? Or do you simply create the tutorial by using a string of numbers to determine the commands?
I didn't see any further options to it. I mean, you can check it out. It's a pretty simple script to set up as is, I just want to be able to call Pictures as opposed to just Scenes.
Like this? :show_picture and :move_picture expected parameters list in line 786 and 799 of the script, too tired to write it out. Origin is zero for upper left corner of the picture, 1 for center I think. Parameters are like the show and move picture command.

e: Talk to the top sprite to enable the guide option. Don't talk to the guy on the left.
Damn, man, you so sexy. That worked.
New version! Old one had a dumb "don't program at midnight grs" oversight where I was using the same pictures data that the rest of the game uses which means tutorial pictures could affect non-tutorial pictures. You could see it if you talk to the guy on the left and make a picture appear, then do guide stuff and realize the picture that was there before disappeared. I fixed that and now the guide uses its own picture data. Download and use this instead. The guide is still the same but if you talk to the NPC on the right it'll show a picture that doesn't get messed up by the guide showing its own picture with the same ID.
Awesome man, that's rad.

Quick question though, I don't want a 'Scene' to be visible, and THEN the picture. For some of the tutorials, a 'Scene_Menu' is fine, great, but for some of the tutorials, since they're on custom stuff, I want the PICTURE to be the only thing visible to the player until the tutorial is over. As of now, it calls the scene, and then abruptly overlays the picture over top.
Hmm, I'll have to think about that for a bit and what's the best solution for this problem.
Use use a Scene_Base. It works fine and appears as black for the duration of the guide script.
You're so sexy, dude.

(that worked)
author=GreatRedSpirit
New version! Old one had a dumb "don't program at midnight grs" oversight where I was using the same pictures data that the rest of the game uses which means tutorial pictures could affect non-tutorial pictures. You could see it if you talk to the guy on the left and make a picture appear, then do guide stuff and realize the picture that was there before disappeared. I fixed that and now the guide uses its own picture data. Download and use this instead. The guide is still the same but if you talk to the NPC on the right it'll show a picture that doesn't get messed up by the guide showing its own picture with the same ID.

The link does not work anymore, would there be a way to get it back ?
Thanks in advance.
Pages: 1