WAVE BATTLES IN VX ACE?

Pages: 1
Is there a script or trick to enable waves of battles in RPG Maker VX Ace? That is, start a battle and after you defeat that group, the next "battle" starts immediately with the next wave of enemies, and so on, until the final wave is defeated.

My google fu is weak (or a script such as this doesn't exist)(or it is not known as "wave battles" but some other term)...
Personally I wouldn't do scene trickery and keep making new battles. I'd hack the judge_win_loss in the BattleManager so you can set it to always be false when a switch is active. This should allow a battle round to end with no combatants but not end the battle. Then a battle event that runs every turn can see that there's no living+visible enemy combatants and spawn more enemies. iirc you can only add ten enemies in a troop via the editor so you might need to inject more enemies directly via a script call to bypass this limitation.
I think Hime Works has a script to do exactly this.
This is right up your alley.

http://grimoirecastle.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/chain-battles/

I am using the exact same script for my arena battles in my VX Ace game, Lost Land Ruin VX Ace.

EDIT: I had to do some editing on the script myself to stop certain functions of the script, but otherwise, it works great. The thing the really annoyed me was that each battle you go into, you get more experience with each battle you do.

I got rid of those parts on the script and left the chain battle part on there on the edited script, I can provide you the edit if you're interested. But if not, then that's your call.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Still I think it'd be best to just event this out, e.g.:
<>Start battle Wave1
<>Start battle Wave2
<>Start battle FinalWave

So yeah, another thing that can be easily done with events and instead people ask for scripts... x_x'
but.... wouldn't the battle end, then start a new battle? That's exactly the kind of jarring gameplay I'd want to avoid.

So yeah, yet another "easily but shittily" thing done with events.
Is it possible to show a picture between those battles? You could cover up the jarring visual effect with an exp payout screen at least.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Or put some snarky remarks by enemies in event cutscenes between waves. It's all up to you to decide.
author=Link_2112
Is it possible to show a picture between those battles? You could cover up the jarring visual effect with an exp payout screen at least.
or I ciuld use the script...?
Oh, I didn't read the topic. Just your last comment.
Did you try the script J-Man found? How did that work out?
GRS greatly overestimates my development speed.
And here I was getting my hopes up after seeing some posts on Aether Pulse and this thread :(
Pages: 1