OK, SO WHAT THE HECK IS #SHUMP?

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Pizza
The RMN trading cards should be based on the users.

"Hey guys, check out my KENTONA ROOKIE CARD!"

OK... When I have internet again and am online more, I sollumnly swear to start a RMN Collectible Card series.
author=Liberty
I've been pushing for them and will continue to do so.

If the RMN logo patchquilt gets done maybe we could have that on posters and shit too. Oh man, just imagine RM game posters to hang on your walls. Ara Fell, Sunset over Imdahl, Heroes Realm, Befuddle Quest (must be hokey and poke fun at real movie posters for each of the sequels)...

And coasters! Cards! FUCK! RMN GAME COLLECTABLE CARD SERIES! BUY PACKS AND COLLECT THEM ALL!

"Wanna swap my Heroes Realm card for your shiny Ill Will card? I'll throw in my rare Alter AILA card!"

Things I never realised I wanted...

You should start a topic so we can all start brainstorming ideas for all of this stuff. Great ideas!
^I totally support that idea. I love making stuff like that. XD
Can we please do this you guys?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I would delay target game for X turns, where X is twice its build time.

e: Obviously the objective is to attain a certain makerscore amount.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
it's the place where all the shumps shump out

I honestly feel sad about how it all turned out in the end. I would have wished for a more amicable end.

kentona you are talking about this like we all finally rose up with torches and pitchforks and burned the plague that is shmup from the face of the internets. did I miss something here in the last couple years? What non-amicable end are you referring to?

edit: oh shit, i remember now. was this when magi "went nuts" and plastered sonic and the seven chaos dragons or whatever the fuck retarded pseudogame bullshit all over the site or something like that a couple years back? i completely forgot about that.

edit2: Probably the weirdest thing is how wrong my internal timeline is, honestly. I all thought of that stuff as relatively recent, not as being from four years ago. Tardis left four years ago? Srsly? That can't be right, can it? In any case, I think I was taking one of my many hiatuses when the shit hit the fan (chaos dragons and whatnot).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
my RMN memory becomes foggier every time I come back here. it is weird to remind myself i've been on here since 7 years, way longer than any other rpg maker forum in the 2005ish days.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Man now I'm reading through YE OLDE DRAMA
Approximately 7 months prior was when i had my mini-meltdown and quit as an admin (Karsuman was the head honcho at the time). I wasn't really around for the War of the Magi.

Some time after WIP threatened to shutdown RMN (April 2011 iirc) (because he was generally tired of all this drama shit), holbert stepped in and asked me to come back and re-promoted me to an admin, eventually handing over the reigns officially and riding off into the sunset.

E:
my SNEWS article mentioning the transition to Karsuman: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/373/

WIP leaving: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/7145/

holbert bringing me back: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/9598/

...I should make a timeline of all this, before I forget to many details...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I wholeheartedly approve of the name "War of the Magi"
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
oh oh oh oh oh oh!

#shmup is #gamergate!

for better and worse

author=LockeZ

You would.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=LockeZ

Sounds like a good name for a game...or at least the backstory of one.
author=nhubi
author=LockeZ
Sounds like a good name for a game...or at least the backstory of one.
It is. http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_the_Magi

edit: Ahhh, I can see how your comments suggests that you do.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité

yeah, Link I know, but thanks for the umm..link. :)

I like your rotating avatar BTW.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I miss tardis' sensual touch lulling me to sleep at night.
author=Corfaisus
oh oh oh oh oh oh!

#shmup is #gamergate!

for better and worse

Oh, please do explain this. In great detail if you wouldn't mind.
Don't even start that shit here. Do not.
Kind of hope somebody actually does a fan-prequel for FFVI, I think someone out there did try to do that...but uh it was not all that for lot of reasons.
author=Pizza
because I was involved with Team Cascade,

holy shit