GEDDAY FELLAS, I'M HERE TO STAY FOR NOW!

Pages: first 12 next last
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I'm known virtually everywhere that matters as Bizarre Monkey, I've created a multitude of games, three of which have won "of the year" awards in the flames of a dying forum, and that's from where I also emerge.

I foolishly assumed VX.net shared it's fate with everywhere but two places that are just a bit too populated for my tastes. But this place is still lively, so I'm gonna probably move here, whilst maintaining what little presence I have on vx.net (It's not hard to stay there and appear as one who frequents these days.)

So much has happened since my last intro thread here back in 2011, I've done so much since then! It's my hope that you will see the fruits of those efforts in due course. For now though, I'd be honored to to make my return here, even though I never really left, I was an absent mirage at best.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Hey! I've seen your games but never played them. They seem cool! Welcome back to ARMN!
BizarreMonkey
Thanks mate! Getting tough to manage all of the sodding things, now!
Welcome to RMN!

Be productive, not like me.
Welcome back! I don't know you, but you seem cool!
BizarreMonkey
author=JJJ7
Welcome to RMN!

Be productive, not like me.
Gotcha covered! :3

author=Gourd_Clae
Welcome back! I don't know you, but you seem cool!
Good to see some fresh eyes now and then! I'm sure we'll get along just fine, I'm in the irc currently, if anyone wants to get to know me or stuff!

For those who just wanna soak me in here, well, I like drawing, designing fun charming games and I also am up for a review now and then! I'm commonly lauded as an eventing god where really I'm just not afraid to experiment! When I was younger I had multiple interests, construction, architecture, planets, making models and making stuffed toys, I also really like the english language despite it being one of the biggest mongrels of a language there is!

All these interests would eventually lend themselves to game design, I've been playing games since 8 years old (1996) and making them since 16 (2004), at first I only knew of MS word, so I made table-top RPG's not too far from the vain of Dungeons and Dragons, then I got a copy of Neverwinter Nights and started using its creation toolset through to 2008, which is when my bro alerted me to the existence of RPG Maker, and I've been using it for six years, I've also dabbled a little in game maker.

Whew! I think that about sums me up! I've won a few awards here and there which I'm fairly proud of, it's quite likely I'll participate in contests you have here, I find them a lot of fun, now!
Cool, I used to make really shitty stuff in Neverwinter nights, too. Probably what got me into making games in the first place.
I'd say welcome but I seem to be a bit late since you're pretty much in every part of the forum already.
BizarreMonkey
author=SnowOwl
Cool, I used to make really shitty stuff in Neverwinter nights, too. Probably what got me into making games in the first place.
I'd say welcome but I seem to be a bit late since you're pretty much in every part of the forum already.
MY POSTS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN.

Well, it's the thought that counts, so thanks!

Also yeah, I made like a 12 hour game in the toolset, but then my computer went and shat the bed and I lost those files in the transferal process.

The conversion to RPGmaker after that was refreshing "OH, CUSTOM MUSIC NEED ONLY BE DROPPED IN THE BGM FOLDER OF A PROJECT, THEN CALLED BY A SIMPLE COMMAND?" I would say, clearly in disbelief only to find it was so.

I still boot up the old toolset every now and then for Nostalgia's sake.

I also use it to make outfits for characters sometimes. One of the most extensive armor appearance editors I've seen. Then the modding community just adds on a whole bunch to what's there already.
author=BizarreMonkey
MY POSTS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN.

My god, it's Minrou Shiraishi! Nah, I am just kidding.

Aha, welcome to Rmn. I remember you from about 5 years back or so, you came out with some custom textures for Neverwinter at that time, right? XD Well, glad to have you on board.

author=BizarreMonkey
I still boot up the old toolset every now and then for Nostalgia's sake.

It seems you have the same relationship with it as I do with rpg maker 95. XD
BizarreMonkey
author=facesforce
Aha, welcome to Rmn. I remember you from about 5 years back or so, you came out with some custom textures for Neverwinter at that time, right? XD Well, glad to have you on board.
I doubt that would have been me, I was very reclusive back then and made a total of three textures, which looked like broken textures. My only successful texture was a black bat.

What I was good at were compiling the music oriented paks. That's something I got the hang of pretty fast.

I made a few neat little scripts though, nothing big, but just enough so that messing with RGSS2/RGSS3 wasn't much of a chore.

author=facesforce
It seems you have the same relationship with it as I do with rpg maker 95. XD
That's likely, soon as I came along it was straight into VX! Didn't have any of that vanilla rpgmaker experience so MS word and especially the NWN toolset get to be the programs to fill that niche.
So, you finall jumping ship from VX.net, eh? Well, welcome to the land of Aremen, in any case. You'll love it here. :D
BizarreMonkey
author=yuna21
So, you finall jumping ship from VX.net, eh? Well, welcome to the land of Aremen, in any case. You'll love it here. :D
I wouldn't say jump ship, just paddling to the big mo's yacht from the barely plugged rowboat that I once inhabited, going back every now and then to feed the few passengers with morsels baked from what little stock is left.

It's easy to pretend your frequenting on VX.net when the only other posts which aren't mine come every two days or so.

Most of the time now though, i'll be here.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
We'll try to make you feel not bad.
BizarreMonkey
I doubt such a scenario is one you'll have to worry about, I discarded my penchant for pity long ago. Just treat me like any other member-- I don't need special treatment.
You are known here as Bizarre Monkey too, so I guess RMN matters! That's good news. Welcome back.
BizarreMonkey
Thanks Kentona. I'm greatly enjoying my time here so far!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I thought you were always here lurking beneath the shadows and posting games.

Welcome back, though.
BizarreMonkey
author=Ratty524
I thought you were always here lurking beneath the shadows and posting games.

Welcome back, though.
I was here, but vacantly, like a faded silhouette, my presence was never noted, and I feel like a fool for not embracing this place sooner.

I did post games, and checked up to see if they'd gotten any attention every now and then, but it was never a social onslaught like it is now.

Thanks, good to see you're still around, love your avatar by the way.
Hello, my old friend. :-)

Glad to hear your projects have been finished.
Pages: first 12 next last