BEGINNERS UNITE! LETS MAKE A GAME!

Pages: first 1234 next last
Hello world! I'm a writer-in-training hear with a proposal for beginners
like me. Its a lot of work making a game and was wondering if anyone wanted
to work together on a project. I'm specifically looking for a spriter and a
musician but I'm willing to accept any help. This is suppose to help
beginners gain a proper footing when it come to making agame.
I take it you're going to be the idea-guy? Yeah good luck with that one.
I have a bunch of random story ideas that I'll probably start polishing soon.
author=SnowOwl
I take it you're going to be the idea-guy? Yeah good luck with that one.

Everyone wants to be the idea guy, huh? =p

Though a writer is interesting from the "can turn basic plotlines into real cool dialogues" viewpoint.

Finding musicians and spriters is always the hardest task, though. =/
Fuck it. I'll make maps for this project. Here's your foothold to start. If some new RPGer wants to take the maps and run with them go for it.

Here is a town and a 3 floor dungeon: http://rpgmaker.net/users/ShortStar/locker/Ideas_Guy.exe

I didn't expect a mapper. Those maps look so cool! I'm also working on some plot idea's that I'll post on here later today.
I wouldn't mind helping, but I'm also a Idea-guy.

So...FAIL.

By the way ShortStar, those maps are fucking awesome.
I usually focus on character development when I make stories so I'm open to
any story ideas if you let me focus on the characters.
I could be some kind of advisor or something...
Less talk more work. The random idea generator already has the ideas covered: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/9060/

Someone just needs to make them.

Kind of like ideas can't be patented. Actual products can. Get in RPG maker, start adding items and stuff.
This isn't the first time I tried to make something with RPG maker, but I
learned that it helps a lot if you have a clear idea on what you plan to do. If you don't, you'll end up confused on what to do with the game.
What he means to say is that everyone has ideas, while not everyone works them out to a full-fledged game. And that the latter is what actually makes it worthwhile.
You posted this in the wrong section. This isn't a thread about discussing game design and theory. It goes under Job Board.
Your right Kylaila. I just now from experience not to just jump into making a
game. Sorry for posting this in the wrong place Link_2112.
author=Kylaila
What he means to say is that everyone has ideas, while not everyone works them out to a full-fledged game. And that the latter is what actually makes it worthwhile.

Studies have proven discussing things make people feel like those things are done. No one wants to jump in on the weapons, armors, enemies, combat mechanics, house maps?
unity
You're magical to me.
author=ShortStar
author=Kylaila
Studies have proven discussing things make people feel like those things are done. No one wants to jump in on the weapons, armors, enemies, combat mechanics, house maps?

With no idea of game mechanics, overarching theme, or plot? So... the overall idea behind this game is everyone grinds out the individual pieces and they'll be jammed together into a hodgepodge game? That doesn't seem like a great idea to me, personally.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=unity
With no idea of game mechanics, overarching theme, or plot? So... the overall idea behind this game is everyone grinds out the individual pieces and they'll be jammed together into a hodgepodge game? That doesn't seem like a great idea to me, personally.

Sounds like a weird take on a chain-game, actually.
unity
You're magical to me.
I suppose it could work, but someone dedicated (Macblo, I'm assuming) would need to be in charge of making sure all the disjointed parts fit and work together. I just personally know I'd be more interested in contributing to a game if I know what it's about and find it interesting.
Pages: first 1234 next last