ACE MAPPER LOOKING TO MAP

Pages: 1
Hey hey, I think I made one of these topics 3+ years ago for RPG VX. I made a lot of maps. Now after 2 years I'm bored with life and I've started mapping again. This is of course free. I won't ask for favors or anything, although I have been paid to map in the past.

I've been mapping VX Ace lately and I've got a heap of towns, dungeons and other things. I like the mapping, but just rolling the dice and saying it landed on a 6, time to design another castle, just isn't all that fun or useful.

If you need any visual aids to see my work. They can be found at the original thread I made 2 years ago. Or here are some maps.

RPG XP MAPS >>>

... try not to choke... 25 XP maps 5 MB...

RPG VX MAPS >>>

Here's something new I made for someone. Only 1 floor and not 3 floors. It is painful making these map images now. I don't think I'll be making many more.

Scroll to the right >>

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Please help with Wyrm Warriors! It's a community project that's on the verge of vapor ware due to people not doing maps for it. And it's using the RTP in Ace.
I remember Wyrms, at some point I followed it, but that was 6 or so months ago. I'll hop on it tomorrow. I'm done for the day. I'm surprised no one did maps for it.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You maps from epiquest are my favourite out of the bunch here. Great work.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
No offense, but are you sure you're good enough? Towns feels very "sample map-y" (everything's too widely spaced out/there's no implied overlap) while dungeons seem like slightly modified auto-generated areas that don't flow smoothly as if they were naturally occurring places.

A further word on the towns: back in VX, you had to use the FF1 style roofs because that's all you had unless you made your own graphics or found some. Now with Ace, slanted roofs are default and using the old FF1 style of making houses (1 tile high/3 tile wide walls + flower windows/door + 2 tile thick roof) just comes across as lazy and inefficient.
Yep I'm wonder if I'm 'good enough' all the time. That's why this is a for free sort of thing. Some of the maps are VX and not Ace. This is from a topic that is around 3 years old. I wouldn't say they're inefficient when my style can churn out 4 maps in 90 minutes. I've done taller houses and buildings for people, but it all depends on the style I'm told or not told to do.

1 high tile walls, because the characters in VX and Ace are 1 tile high Chibi style. It seems to make sense like 2 tile high walls for 2 tile high players makes sense.

Made a new one.

author=Corfaisus
No offense

I looked at your mapping and its quite nice. It needs some work, but I did this as a tribute.

Pages: 1