4TH WALL BREAKING GAMES?

Pages: 1
Looking for some nice games that completely shatter the 4th wall, such as OFF or Oneshot
Bonus points if they mess with your pc
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Gamecube is my favorite. Even if you hate survival horror games with a passion, it's worth playing. Your character has a sanity meter, and as it drops, uh... things happen. They're done in brilliant ways to play tricks on the player, not just the character.

I don't really want to spoil any of them, but I have to at least give one example, so: once while playing the game, some enemies were coming at me, and in the middle of the fight, the game video and audio completely disappeared, and switched to gray static. Green text saying "INPUT 2" appeared in the top left corner of the screen, as if I had hit the Input button on the TV remote. I started panicking, trying to mash buttons and not die while also trying to find the TV remote I was sure I had accidentally sat on. But I hadn't. It was part of the game, a result of having a very low sanity meter. About ten or fifteen seconds later, the game came back on, and I was back at the beginning of the hallway, with my character saying, "This can't be real... This can't be happening!"
You could try Imscared if you want something that messes with your PC. I haven't had the guts to try it out myself.

Flower Sun and Rain for PS2/DS (DS is the only English version) plays with breaking the fourth wall in a number of amusing ways. I enjoyed the game thoroughly but a lot of people may find it to be a bit of an endurance test.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Metal Gear Solid breaks the fourth wall to pieces.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Of course, a lot of games break the fourth wall briefly for the sake of gags or a developer's room.

I assume OP wants more interesting examples though. Like that one clone of Break-Out that deletes a random file from your computer for every brick you smash.
Wasn't there also a "shooting" game where you blew up your desktop icons... and it actually deleted them from your hard drive?

Metal Gear Solid had 4th-wall-breaking stuff besides gags. I haven't played the game, but I've heard about the Psycho Mantis fight and the whole shtick with getting that one person's radio frequency off the back of the CD case.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Irisu Syndrome definitely falls under the messing with your PC category . You can download it here.
author=nurvuss
You could try Imscared if you want something that messes with your PC. I haven't had the guts to try it out myself.

I have actually heard of Imscared a lot, and watched a let's play once, but I'm really not fond of those run-from-the-monster-chasing-you games
author=LockeZ
Of course, a lot of games break the fourth wall briefly for the sake of gags or a developer's room.

I assume OP wants more interesting examples though. Like that one clone of Break-Out that deletes a random file from your computer for every brick you smash.

I once found the game producer while playing pokemon x, it was amazing

And what's that breakout clone, i can't find any info anywhere (don't plan to download it, but sounds like an interesting read)
It's more of a Galaga clone than a Breakout clone. It's called Lose/Lose.
I think Conker's Bad Fur day had some 4th wall jokes but I can't remember for sure.
Not sure if this really counts as a game, but...
http://info.sonicretro.org/WindowsZone

Now you can sanic even on your desktop!
If your sugestion is a RPG maker game, you get a cookie
Literally, I will send you a cookie through the mail
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I'm curious, why would you want one metA? I mean the 4th wall stuff is harmless and if that's the sort of game you find funny that's cool, but something that 'messes' with a PC? Especially to the extent of Lose/Lose which can do irreparable harm to a computer unless preventative measures are employed. I really can't see an application of that that is beneficial to anyone. So I'm intrigued as to why you would be looking for a something of that nature, most especially since you seem to be focusing your interest in it being an RM engine game.

Please understand I am not intending to ascribe malicious intent where there is none, but other than some form of research project I can't envisage any practical favourable application of such an concept, and I would be interested to know of one.
nhubi, by "mess with the PC" I don't mean games that actually destroy your PC, such as Lose/lose, I mean games that create pop-up boxes and text files, for the sake of storytelling, such as in Irisu syndrome and Imscared. Sorry if that was not made clear.
Also, I focus on mainly RM games because my PC is my main gaming platform, and unfortunately it's not a very good machine, so 2d games play out far better than 3d games
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Ah, so an alternate storytelling vehicle, interesting line of thought.

Thanks for letting me know.
I only remember Im scared doing something like that. I haven't been playing much else in that direction.
I think I did play something with a popup or something .. but I can't quite remember.
Have you played Nier for 360/PS3? It employs a *very* clever break of the fourth wall in its final ending, but it'll take a long time to get there.

Spoilers:
Delete your save game to erase yourself from existence and save the world.
Pages: 1