PETE ROSE...YEAH, HE WANTS BACK INTO BASEBALL

Pages: 1
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
This guy like the freaking Terminator. He never, ever stops!

He is asking for a second chance...again.

For those who don't know, Pete's a famous baseball hall of famer, who went on to manage his own ball club. All of these articles are saying that Rose got banned for gambling. Now it's obvious to most why gambling would get you banned from sports, but for those who aren't doing the math, let me explain what the current articles aren't explaining about Pete's little kick.

He got banned for betting on his own team...to lose.

Sure Pete, we forgive you, but that still doesn't mean you should be trusted with the power to manipulate the odds. There's a reason that's worth a lifetime ban.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Class act, that Pete Ross. But I still can't find any clips of this little incident seeing as it's no longer available on yahoo. Not to mention, didn't the same thing happen more recently than 2012? I seem to remember it happening earlier this year.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Is his nickname Rosey Palm?
Has he really been banished from baseball since 25 years ago? Damn, that’s a long time…

Anyways, he’s served enough time and has been punished enough for his actions. If a team was willing to take him on board in any sort of position, then the more power to him. I’m not sure that any club would after this long stretch of time, but it’s a possibility if they’re looking for somebody with experience.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Addit
Has he really been banished from baseball since 25 years ago? Damn, that’s a long time…

Anyways, he’s served enough time and has been punished enough for his actions. If a team was willing to take him on board in any sort of position, then the more power to him. I’m not sure that any club would after this long stretch of time, but it’s a possibility if they’re looking for somebody with experience.

Yes, it's true, it's time to stop the hate. I wasn't saying otherwise. It'd be nice to get a legend in the game in the 21st century, but gambling does the same thing to a person as alcoholism. In the back of my mind, I'd always wonder, not if, but when will he finally give into temptation again?
I’m sure he’ll be monitored rather thoroughly to make sure that this type of shit doesn’t happen again if he ends up getting back into the big leagues.

It would be a great thing to not only clean up his image but, like you said, pianotm, to bring a long time baseball legend back into the game. I mean, the Yankees did it recently with Joe Girardi as their current manager – so why not Pete Rose? I mean, probably not with the Reds, of course, but maybe with some other team?
Lato
Infantry for life!
author=Yellow Magic
Is his nickname Rosey Palm?

lol nice! But yeah screw him, no sympathy.
Pages: 1