ART, ART, EVERYWHERE... A MASSIVE ART DUMP [UPDATED DEC 6, 2014]

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Homunculus, you deserve some makerscore.
Aw you guuyyyys :D Thank you! I was on vacation for over a week so I didn't get much done lol but did make work on the earth monk I'm still working on in between pixels

I did not draw the earth monk, it was drawn by a friend of mine (Who also colored it traditionally) I'm doing a digital coloring. The original can be found here
And an actual pixel piece. I'm not that happy with this one but ehhhh can't win em all lol I've looked at it for too long to stand working on it any longer

The Earth Monk is so intense :'''')

It's awesome how strong your colors are and how you use unusual color combos (I think I wrote that before...)

Like with the soles of the shoes in your pixel work! I'd never think of doing it like that, but it works out really well.

Even if you're not quite happy with it you got it done, so good work /o/
Awww thank you so much!! I fried my brain many-a-nights reading about color theory and applying it to pixels and trying to lower my color count, so happy that it's paying off XD I'm a big fan of recycling colors, so I have fun going through all my already-used colors for things to see how they look before making a new ramp

And because I'm at work, I already started more pixels lol I didn't/don't have much longer so I didn't feel like starting a new piece and decided to take an OOOOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD piece, I'm talking 6 or 7 year old piece, and use it to practice AA.

original fricken 6-7 year old piece

AA-ing progress, working mainly from left to right. I'm still on the left XD The only thing I changed about the piece other than adding AA was the color of the outlines. I don't like working with black. I got rid of one unecesssary blob of outline too but I don't want to change too much lol just AA the hell out of it
I enjoy posting WIPs, hope y'all don't mind. Started this one today, I'm HOPING to finish tomorrow, I shall see XD The chest is going to be a bitch

author=Ralph
Why oh why is your pixel art so wonderful? Keep up the amazing work!

Oh, A. Thanks and B. My usual response is cause I think pixel work almost feels like a puzzle game sometimes and I love me some problem solving XD WHAT PIXEL OF COLOR CAN I PUT WHERE TO GET THIS RESULT. LET'S FIGURE THIS OUT = FUN.

And Haleth Almighty is done
And newest pieces done for me RPG Maker project. Big sprites are big.

Characters are in order from left to right; Indrid, Dr. Chlyne, and Mme Ellah.

author=Link_2112
Will you be animating this stuff?

Yes indeed! They will have their regular walking motions plus additional cutscene, casual conversation and action animations. I hate drawing the sideview sprites (Back is no problem) so I'm delaying the inevitable by drawing all the forward facing ones first lol I'm going to hate myself when i have a stack of sideview walking animations to do.
Cool, can't wait to see. Hurry up and make a game page already!
LAST FORWARD FACING ONE. By the end of tomorrow I will have a forward walking and possibly upward walking animation for all 4. Then the dreaded sideview DX Oh god I hate doing the sideviews ;____;

Wait, but Homu, you said 4 but there are only 3 here! What is that? IS THAT SO. IT APPEARS I HAVE DONE UP ANOTHER CHARACTER IN MY ATTEMPTS TO FURTHER DELAY DOING EACH CHARACTERS SIDEVIEW. Indrid's father, Cole.

Actually, some feedback would be awesome (Well, feedback and opinions is ALWAYS awesome) in regards to skin tone. Which color better suits Cole.
Not usually much to feedback on, you seem to nail each one. But for skin tone...hmm. If it's supposed to be her father the lighter skin tone would give that visual connection. What made you even do the second one?
author=Link_2112
Not usually much to feedback on, you seem to nail each one. But for skin tone...hmm. If it's supposed to be her father the lighter skin tone would give that visual connection. What made you even do the second one?

I don't even XD It does make sense to have that visual connection, I think my common sense had checked out for the night like it does on occasion :P

Newest piece, tis a lazy day kitty stretch iso practice

I GOT SUCH AN IDEA. So I'm an art horde, I still have stuff that I drew way back in like grade 5. And I have a tendency to look back at my old OC's and draw them once in a while to see how they'd look as my art evolves. So Imma share some timelines! All posted in order of oldest pic to newest.

But first. I found some stuff I drew in my effed up pics days XD
THE WEIRD STUFF

Now the timelines! I have a shit ton so I'll just pose a few lol Who will also all be posted in order of oldest OC to newest.

Cass

I have some that were in between the years of the last pic and teh next but I still need to scan them

This one was colored with highlighters LOL

Sara Lynn

Same with her, I stumbled upon some in between the last and the next pic but they still need to be scanned

Sorry cell phone pic XD

james

Dr. Chlyne

I have some oooolder pics that i need to scan still (The years in between the oldest and newer ones, like with cass and Sara Lynn, I have nothing scanned for some reason LOL)

TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
James is 2edgy4me

Nah, but those are looking pretty cool man
Art evolution maxed.

Dr. Chlyne still freaks me out. Those early day drawings compared to the newest one, man.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Wow, jeez. It's always awesome to see this sort of progression, but wow! Those final products just pop!
D'aaahhhh, thank you so much guys! I have more that i want to scan but that would involve not being lazy and dragging my scanner out lol. Which I will get to soon I'm sure.

I'm so happy with Dr. Chlyne, he's probably my favorite in terms of development. I had that image in my head but because of my lack of understanding of muscles of skeletal structure I was only able to get the image out on paper last year XD

i finally finished that blasted dresser DX 3 in the set so far.

Current WIP, for some reason I decided I want to try'n make some adoptables for DA lol this is the first one I'm working on, with a bunch of color schemes

**Edit** WHOOPS, that wasn't it X.D WRONG LINK *Leaves it there anyway*

And the first one done! Now for much palette swapping

Gettin to gettin!
Pages: first prev 123 next last