[ACE] SETTING PICTURE ANGLE DIRECTLY

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
How can I set specific picture's angle directly? I'm making "flashlight" which uses picture to mask rest of the scene off, but don't want to make 4 separate pictures for each direction. So I need a way to set specific angle to the picture.
To be honest, four separate images would be best due to the way torches illuminate the area from different directions. An example:

Of course, you could go the 'circle of light' route instead.
In RMXP, you can open the script editor, find the Game_Picture entry, and add this method somewhere inside it:

def set_ang(angle)
@angle = angle
end
then you can call this script from any event:
(replace "picture" with the id of the picture, and value with the desired angle)

$game_screen.pictures[picture].set_ang(value)
not sure about vx and vx ace... but I'll look into it.

UPDATE:

In vx ace its just slightly different: (only the calling script changes, you still need to add the "set_ang" method inside Game_Picture)

$game_map.screen.pictures[picture].set_ang(value)
Rave
Thanks. You pointed me in the right direction, though I did it bit differently. Instead of adding method, I've changed line 22 of the script so it reads
attr_accessor :angle

instead of
attr_reader :angle

Then:

$game_map.screen.pictures[picture].angle = value
Yeah that's perfect too. I work in Java lately, and I got a new habit of never making class variables public :D...
Rave
Eh, getters/setters are biggest cause of WTFs. When working in Java, I can live with standard library's habit of using getters/setters, but all my classes don't use those.
Pages: 1