(SOLVED) [RMXP] POPUP SCRIPT ERROR

Pages: 1
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I'm having a very irritating issue with an RPG Maker XP project: When it is started and played, no matter whether in the editor or not, it will run just fine for about 10 to 15 minutes and then randomly crash. The error notice says RGSS stopped working. When looking at the crash details, I found it said the reason for the error is that the "DLL unloaded". Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

I found some similar topics, but they all were about RGSS crashing right when starting a game. This, however, occurs only after the game has been running for a while.
I do have a few suspicions about why this happens (like maybe RGSS being overwhelmed by too many event commands), but nothing I'm really sure about. If someboy knows why this happens and how to fix it, I'd be very grateful.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Update:
Well, what do you know? I managed to find out what causes the crashes: The popup script I use to display variables and text strings on-screen. I tested what happened if I constantly make it create and delete new popups, and after about twenty seconds it crashed the game. My guess is that the command which erases all current popups does not entirely delete them but keeps the values stored somewhere, so that after exceeding a certain number it becomes too much for the RGSS to handle.

Of course this is just a guess, and since I know close to nothing about scripting, I might be completely wrong here. Unfortunately, I got the original script from a German RPG Maker community whose site does not exist in that form any more. Neither is the script itself available from there now, nor would I be able to contact the original creator.

Would anyone with more knowledge of Ruby be willing to help me clean up the script? It is an essential part of my project, so doing away with it is no real option.

Thanks a lot already.

Edit 2: Never mind. After experimenting a lot with the script, I actually managed to find a solution to my problem. Hooray! This thread has therefore become obsolete.
Pages: 1