(VX ACE) CAN YOU USE RM2K3 GRAPHICS?

Pages: 1
Hi!
I want to work with the VX Ace but I dont really like the graphics, I want more a retro look for my game like the 2000 and 2003 graphics.

Is it possible to use that graphics for Ace?
For XP there was a converter programm but did not find one for Ace :(
There are some who have converted the graphics over to Ace (one was the author of D is for Dungeon). Maybe if you ask they'll let you use theirs?

As for legality (in case you were wondering) it's not legal to use them as it's practically impossible to get a license for the graphics or purchase 2k3. But I've a feeling that's not the question you were asking so feel free to disregard except in the case of you wanting to sell your game. ^.^

Oh, btw, the charactersets should work well enough if you just import them as they are (just be sure to use the inbuilt importer and choose the background transparency for them.)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

It's possible to convert them or find them on the web.
You'll need to use Gimp or Photoshop.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Why would you need a tool for this, holy shit

Just open them in MS Paint and press Ctrl-A then Ctrl-+
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
If you're converting to XP, then maybe. But he said he wants it in Ace. In addition to autotile format being TOTALLY FUCKED UP, whole tileset format is different with breaking of A (floor) tileset into separate files and other "quirks". So yeah, to convert it to Ace a tool is needed.
Pages: 1