ACE AUTOTILES RUINED MY FENCE!!

Pages: 1

Here.

And here's the fences as I drew them in pdn.

Help please >.<

Edit> Fixed the images. Can't believe I missed that. Thanks LockeZ!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
How to link to image files in your locker:

Not that way.

This is what you meant to post, I believe:

I have no insight on the actual problem though. Other than finding an RTP fence to emulate, I guess.
I see what your issue is. Autotiles don't use the
1-2-3
method. Instead they use
1-2
That is to say, where in 2k/3 you'd have three tiles across, Ace has only two. You have to change your autotile to tile with two instead of three.

Or at least I think that's what the issue is. Like LockeZ said, use the actual RTP fence as a base for your own and make sure you put it in the right spot on the tileset (certain spots are reserved for certain kinds of tiles).
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Ace's autotile format is broken (and this is generous - I don't want to use expletives as minors may read this and I would have if I'd want to describe Ace's, and VX's autotile format). I'd probably would look for some converter from XP's tile format or write one yourself if you're a coder. Unfortunately I don't have enough expertise in Ace's format (little autotiles I did was trial and error) to code one myself.
They aren't broken, they're just set up differently. They work quite fine when you have the right set up and do what they're supposed to.

Here, I made something to help a bit.

Green shows the corners. This is where the fences intersect. You've got that totally wrong on your tile (even 2k/3 used this spot in the chipset for the intersect/corner tiles).
Red are what make up the whole post if it was just one post by itself.
Blue makes up the connected parts that tile from left to right.
Yellow makes up the connected parts that tile from top to bottom.

That should make the tile a lot easier to understand. The best way to think of it is in 16x16 chunks instead of 32x32. That is, a 4x4 construction.
~I actually overlayed the ace fences while I worked, so I know if I'm going out of bounds or something. I just didn't get how they worked.

Liberty> Thank you very much! Now I can fix the first fence. I still don't get how the second fence (chainlink) has it's corners flipped though. I'll try moving stuff around...
author=karins_soulkeeper
~I actually overlayed the ace fences while I worked, so I know if I'm going out of bounds or something. I just didn't get how they worked.

Liberty> Thank you very much! Now I can fix the first fence. I still don't get how the second fence (chainlink) has it's corners flipped though. I'll try moving stuff around...

It's the corner parts. If you took the top left corner and swapped it with the bottom right, and the top right with the bottom left, it'd probably work from the looks of it. I think. Maybe. But it's definitely the corner part that's messing it around a bit.
Liberty I think I got it now. So it should be something like:
I - fence post
: - chain link

this, instead of this
::I:: ---------- I::::I
::I:: ---------- I::::I
Or at least, theoretically. I'll have to test it out first.

~I'm still waiting for your avatar to load (...)
The idea is that it will never load. XD

And yeah, for the corner part (top right most tile). That is, the green tile in my image.
Pages: 1