MAILBOX (1): NO UNREAD MESSAGES?

Pages: 1

It's been like that for about three days now, and the problem doesn't seem to be on my browser (since it persists in other browsers and my phone). I doubt that this is due to the downtime yesterday, since this started before that.

What's going on?
I don't know WHY it happens, but you can fix it if you click on Mailbox then scroll to the bottom where it says Actions. Pick Reset Unread Count!

Voila~
Well that fixed it. Thanks Gourd_Clae!

~But really, someone should look into why this is happening. Not a major issue, but...
we did. we couldn't figure out why it happens.
Perhaps if you are using multiple tabs/windows to browse the site, then open a mail, it might happen. I think I was doing that a few times when my Notices did that.

Also, it might be a good idea to make that reset mail count button more visible. Perhaps in the dropdown for Mailbox.
Usually it occurs to me when I open a new tab for mail from the drop down menu. It doesn't read as having opened the mail, even though you've got it open in another tab. I just make sure to open mailbox on the same page.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Yeah, it's because multiple tabs. Someone borked AJAX implementation for the site. Usually going to another page (such as subforums or thread) fixes it.
author=Rave
Yeah, it's because multiple tabs. Someone borked AJAX implementation for the site. Usually going to another page (such as subforums or thread) fixes it.

The number in the user bar has nothing to do with AJAX or the 'AJAX implementation for the site'. If you actually read the original post, the issue karin is describing has been around long before we added any AJAX to the mailbox. It has something to do with the Django request object.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Ah... For a while I've forgot that this site is written in a language more suited for automation on an UNIX workstation than for making websites.
Pages: 1