WOULD IT NOT BE BETTER TO INSERT A IMAGE INSTEAD OF ALWAYS LINKING IT?

Pages: 1
I find this very inconvenient, plain and simple.

Never understood why, so might as well ask.
...If you click on the briefcase button it will open a window to your locker. You can click on the picture you want from there and it will be inserted into your post.

That said, I'm not sure that that is what you were talking about since you weren't very clear.

like so
Liberty I think he means to have the ability to 'upload' imagaes directly to a post.

Though this would surely eat away rmn's storage space...
You can upload it to your locker and then access it in any post on the site already, so I don't see why we'd add a feature like that.
author=TungerManU
Some might be too lazy to open a new tab, upload files to locker, then go back to the post, click on the icon and look for the file they need - especially since the newest ones appear on the last page.
Uh... you can sort your locker so that the newest is at the top*. That's how I have mine - and it saves that position too. There's also the search feature if you know what you're looking for.

But... if the file is already online just right-mouse click and steal that linkage. If not, then you're just going to have to upload anyway. And yeah, it'd take up storage space pretty fast.

I mean, imgur is good for image hosting with or without an account. There's a lot of sites that are better made to handle that shit, honestly.

I guess one way would be to upload to your locker from a post, maybe? Like it's still hosted in your locker but can be uploaded from the post quick-bar. That way it's still using your alloted RMN space, and can still be accessed if you want to post it elsewhere. Hell, maybe we should have an uploader on the black bar (since it's on every part of the site) so that you can just upload straight to your locker from there and then just insert into the post via the locker space icon. That could work.

*Actually, you can sort them by A-Z, Z-A, Size(big-small), Size(small-big), Oldest Uploaded and Newest Uploaded. You just have to click the arrow that you want next to the heading and viola~
Liberty> That's actually a great idea! More of a convenience thing than anything, but saves a lot of effort and time (especially for those with unreliable 'net connection like me...) *suggest, suggest*
Two issues with what you're saying, Liberty.

1. Lockers have a finite amount of space. Uploading images to your locker for a one off image post is an inefficient way to use that space, no matter how small.

2. Uploading something to your locker and then uploading it to your post is still another additional step as opposed to simply uploading it directly straight up, which is already a common functionality on most forums.

Just playing devil's advocate.
@Feld: Let's play tennis~ ^.^
1 - Then use an image hosting site. RMN has a set amount of space which is better used for games than images. Filling up the space we do have with images for posts is just silly - that is what the locker is for, putting in pieces of interest to host somewhere. You don't need to put games in there since the site already hosts them with the space it has from not having to host everyone's images. Want more space? Add more shit to the site or delete some of the files you already have in there. (I actually cleaned out my locker the other day, getting rid of all the old, dead images that I had no use for~ I've now got about 500mb free in there, more than enough to host a shit ton more images. Hell, I've got six game-pages' worth of images in there already.)
2 - Because most forums aren't using their space to host games!!!
3 - If it's a screenshot just upload it on the game page and use the link.

@Tung: Ah, yeah, I forgot about that. A sorting feature/option for that would be nice.
I suppose a image hosting site is the better route, but what would be a good one to use?
imgur is decent - you can drag and drop images on the page, choose more than one image at a time from the browse and copy/paste an image straight in too (though it will save the image as a jpg). You don't need an account to host, either (though if you're making sets of like, resources or something, you should - it's free and you get up to 150 images. No limits on amount of accounts if you've enough emails. It also allows you to create 'folders' of images.)

Honestly, it's pretty good and it allows for gifs too.

Another is tinypic which gives you small urls and allows a large amount of images tied to an account (you don't need an account) and allows up to five images upload at a time. You can also, with an account, sort images into folders however, there is an issue with uploading as sometimes it will change the file type to jpg.

Pages: 1