HOW ARE THINGS GOING FOR THE MOG EVENTS?

Pages: 1
Hey guys, I was wondering how things were going for you for the My Own Game concurrent resource creation events, MOG Music and MOG Graphics?

We have just over a month to go before the set deadline. Are you on track for completing your graphics pack? Soundtrack? Have you attempted sound effects yet? Do you think you'd benefit from more time?

If you haven't heard of these events, there is still plenty of time to join! You get sweet achievements and they are a great way to challenge your perception of yourself and what you can accomplish. The intent is to get people out of their comfort zones and attempt different aspects of game creation. The M.O.G. initiative be a 3-part event, with each event focusing on a different aspect - soundtrack, graphics, and game creation.

Kupo!
I ain't started shit, man... I don't know why.
I probably won't finish anything before the end of this contest, but I'll most likely continue trying to make a generic music and graphics pack for however long afterwards it takes for practice's sake.
I don't think I'll get back to it. I'd love to attempt some music, (or add some more tilesets or charsets or facesets ... oooh I love that stuff), but I don't have the energy or motivation with school and all going on. I'll be gone for most of october, too.
I do have a halfway done tileset...
Hmm, I'm not so sure if I can finish it soon though...
I've been eying it for a while now, I think this news post just convinced me to hop in! I'll see what I can do! :O :O :O
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
The template I posted was pretty much all I've done for it. I definitely won't have much time to work on it this week. :x
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I left the graphics event, because I decided I probably won't be able to finish that. But I will definitely finish a short music pack.
I'll try to finish up some resources by the due deadline. I still want to make some neato mecha battlers to suit the sci-fi theme.
I'll start studying againin no time, so I doubt I'll even end up entering... -_-;
I did join the music event but to be honest I'm in the same boat as others... Though I'd still love to do it so who knows!
Aww good luck to everyone who's still in it and anyone who's going to be in it!

I've had to put progress on hold in order to work on priority deadline projects, but I'm sure there'll be stuff done by the end. It sure is a pain to imitate RTP sprites without using other people's templates though. ):
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=accha
Aww good luck to everyone who's still in it and anyone who's going to be in it!

I've had to put progress on hold in order to work on priority deadline projects, but I'm sure there'll be stuff done by the end. It sure is a pain to imitate RTP sprites without using other people's templates though. ):
something like waht you said; rahte,r i owe others completed work>i've been trying to put together at least one music track, but the rest needs work. not sure i cna go for graphics pack
I've hoped to at least contribute a soundtrack, intending to use that for my game creation part, however I'm in college now with a ton of work. I can't work on side projects, so I suppose more time would be cool once I get free time I hope to continue on my side projects. I don't know, I guess I'm already doing what this contest hopes for. I'm in a 3D modeling class, programming class, and design class all at the same time. Tricky sophomore cliff year, so it's tough to consider music as well, hah.
I've played around a bit with LMMS as far as music goes, but I've been pretty busy the last month so I haven't had much time to actually make anything. I should have more free time though starting around this weekend so I definitely plan to at least make something for both parts of the event before the deadline.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I completed a graphics pack so I probably won't do anything more for that event. I want to do more for the music event (i've made like two terrible songs) but ... college.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
While i"m not sure I'll have a pack of any kind, I'm hoping to contribute at least a few songs or graphics; i know each individual song counts for credit, and am struggling away on one. ( I'll ask if I can borrow a keyboard, which should make things easier.) At this moment I'm in the conceptual stages, designing elemental symbols to be used as icons or graphics; I intend to use them in the Ulriki encampment as well. For example, the warriors' tents are marked "Fire."
Pages: 1