Demisoulslayer
madarahyga
InnkeeperRpg
Justonumba1
Actiondeath22
Slimekiller767
MarioTwinRockets
DarkMannertainted

He created alt accounts to hype his crappy games Cry Wolf and Eternal Odyssey, giving glowing high scoring reviews and spammed a bunch of "wowo good gam cant wait til its done" kinds of posts.

His ProjectEternity persona was also a special kind of douche who was antagonistic, impatient, and a fucktard. (he might not be an alt, and just might happen to have an IP that matched one of vondouchebag98778's, but I am not sad to see him banne)

HURLK SMARSH!!

Don't do this shit. It's embarrassing.
unity
You're magical to me.
Huh. I saw vonfrazier8991 and ProjectEternity posting a lot, saw that their games were getting some high praise, and was thinking about checking them out. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't. >.<;;

EDIT: Looking at the Cry Wolf page is kinda hilarious now, seeing that most of the comments are just him talking to himself XD
UPDATE: I also banned RavenSoft (but not yet the shitty Lost Story game), because his IP matched ProjectEternity.

What a bunch of douches.
This "promotion" was kind of awful in itself. I wouldn't have bothered .. but this? *shrug* Please don't do that.
It also explains the totally onesided and completely baseless comments.
author=Kylaila
This "promotion" was kind of awful in itself. I wouldn't have bothered .. but this? *shrug* Please don't do that.

This level of douchebaggery requires public shaming. I'm sorry if you don't agree.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=SnowOwl
Did someone cry wolf?

*high five*
author=kentona
author=Kylaila
This level of douchebaggery requires public shaming. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

Oh no, I meant the douchebaggery. If someone messes up, kick his ass. Kick his ass good and hard. Then let him go.
It might not be the best practice, but it's a feasible one.
At least he varied his usernames pretty well.

He could have made it no fun for you and had just been ProjectEternity1,2,3,4...
author=unity
Huh. I saw vonfrazier8991 and ProjectEternity posting a lot, saw that their games were getting some high praise, and was thinking about checking them out. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't. >.<;;

EDIT: Looking at the Cry Wolf page is kinda hilarious now, seeing that most of the comments are just him talking to himself XD

He went all out making it realistic hahaha! I'm still almost convinced that they wr weren't alt accounts. Watching the hulks talk is funny though.
author=kentona
author=Kylaila

Now I want to go back and give Lost Story the 1 star it deserves. All that work and trying hard not to be biased. Is there a way to prevent posts/reviews on a game without completely hiding it? While the game was awful, and now we get a picture of why, it still can serve as good input for new members:

1. Don't create multiple accounts and then talk back and forth with yourself like some schizophrenic lunatic.
2. Don't put too much hype into your game. It makes you look desperate at best, and a complete noob at worst if your game can't live up to the hype. And don't create accounts to hype your own game, because that just makes you like a douche.
3. And also just as important, learn how not to make a game.
Kudos to that one person who noticed and PMed it in. You know who you are~ Thanks a bunch!
d(^.^)b
Funny thing is, they were careful to stagger the sign up dates (bar the last three which were all signed up within a day of each other). The key indicators were the fact that though a few of them had stuff like "RPG fanatic" and "I'm here to play RPGs!!!" on their profile they only ever commented on vonfrazier's games (bar one or two comments on another game to seem 'legit'). You'd expect that someone who supposedly loved RPGs and who had been here since June and had posted a number of times on his games would have looked around at what the rest of the site might have to offer in the way of their supposed-beloved genre...

Two of them even had the same location (password) and message and the majority of them had anime avatars that all looked quite alike.

Add that some of them used different visual writing styles to make them seem like different people (that is, one bolded his text, one posted only in 40 point and another coloured his posts red)... and that they all had the same ISP, well~

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Liberty
one bolded his text, one posted only in 40 point and another coloured his posts red
I cannot stop laughing at this
Using different writing styles just make it all the more suspicious though, most people just use the default... Not saying that the rest was brilliantly planned, either.
Yeah, the font changes were funny, especially since the writing style--you know, what actually differentiates personalities--was the same in every post. I would have at least liked to see one of the personas adopt a British accent or provide a short aside about how this was a fun game to play while "the kids were asleep."
Actually, I would have loved to see a darker side to confirm the schizophrenic theory even more. Can you imagine where he first chimes in one account about loving the game, then another account where he bashes the game, and the two personas begin to bicker back and forth?

It'd be a lot like the short Geri's Game from Bug's Life.
Didn't we have someone like that in the past? I could have sworn we had one guy who had alt accounts and he bickered between them, always fighting and seemingly hating each other. It was... very strange.
Pages: first 12345 next last