"I'M A DOUCHE WHO CREATED MULTIPLE ALT ACCOUNTS TO HYPE MY SHITTY GAMES"

Sheeesh that's quite pathetic and sad!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty
Didn't we have someone like that in the past? I could have sworn we had one guy who had alt accounts and he bickered between them, always fighting and seemingly hating each other. It was... very strange.

Could you possibly be thinking the early posts of The New Disciples (Season 1)? Possibly one of the VX Ace Nugget Crash Course games? Darigaaz, it might have even been Heir of the King. I am not even going to look for that game-page.
author=Liberty
Didn't we have someone like that in the past? I could have sworn we had one guy who had alt accounts and he bickered between them, always fighting and seemingly hating each other. It was... very strange.

I don't remember someone like him, but your post reminds me of Kisareth: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/14585/

Yeah, I was thinking of Kisareth, as well. Funny thing is he/she was banned from other forums for the same thing. All the high praise reviews on Amazon for their game, I'm guessing it's the same thing.
I got several follow up emails from Kisareth after the banne, amusingly enough.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Liberty
Kudos to that one person who noticed and PMed it in. You know who you are~ Thanks a bunch!
d(^.^)b

I remember shit like this happening a lot in the GW days.
I'm wondering...
What if I use a public computer? Like in a computer shop or something. And the next user(s) happen to be rm-ers? And they happen to like my game, and etc etc...

Then someone reports alt account, and........

Yeah, I'm just overthinking all of this.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Hey you banned someone that liked my parallax tutorial!
(His game was based on what he learned from my tutorial.
He sent a message to me and personally thanked me. So he's not
a total douchebag.)

Edit:

Not Total Douchbag = Someone who likes my stuff

What a dickhead. It's bad enough that commercial developers do this, but in the amateur game making scene? It's just really, really low.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I must give him points for the tenacity of making so many multiple accounts just for this purpose, of course he's also minus several million points for the sheer stupidity of his actions.

Hey, at least we get a little amusement out of it in the end.
I'm sure he thought he was so smart for figuring that out!

I was always kind of baffled by Lost Story... the graphics looked all kinds of janky and... stolen probably, but run through a couple photoshop filters.
That's just plain... wow...
Are we gonna need one of these here as well? :

Just get it through your head people! Exploiting the system will only lead to making you look bad. Really really desperate and bad!
I am just upset that I had to spend 40mins dealing with it yesterday. Admittedly, 20mins of that was looking for a good image to make a new BANNE avatar, and 8mins for making this topic, but still.
He's the boss because he focuses on only the most important things. ^.^
Where is "Eternal Odyssey"?
I think I denied it out of spite.
wasn't there a separate link he posted in a couple of threads and status updates? It sounded so bad both the way he promoted it and the way it was described I only glanced over the thread and moved on.

Didn't relate him to Lost Story. And the tactic is completely obvious when you look at Cry Wolf. I didn't even glance over it before since the image just screamed bad, but you have the exact same character rips and comments below. Which all scream "do not play this game" .. Man, people aren't even putting effort into cheating. I mean, what's the point in cheating when it wouldn't even help you? .. makes me sad.
author=Liberty

That... Would be me. It was a extremely bad year, WIP was irritating with his arbitrary policies, I got laid off from my sales job, then my house burned down and I began to drunk browse, which led to me holding a massive real time debate against myself using two separate browsers. Long story short, I don't drink and surf the internet any more because of that.
I'm still extremely sorry about that time in my life, and I still apologize today about it for all of you who had to sit through the most random introspective debate possible.

In this case, yeah we should not let people use alt accounts to shamelessly advertise. On Saltw I've already banned this guy for the same BS(I've been a lazy moderator there for the past 13 years), he just wants to make more money off of youtube, so he advertises where ever he finds the tag "rpg" in the google search engine.
You are doing the right thing Kentona, thank you for all of you hard work.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Man, Facesforce. I know you're being all apologetic and despondent about it, but that's actually really funny.
I actually looked into all the game pages, and even *gasp* played eternal odyssey...

Why do people even do this? It makes me feel bad, having honestly worked on my game(s).

Faceforce> no offence, but I agree with LockeZ. It just sounds pretty silly XD

Edit: and to think that Cry Wolf is at the front page for some time now >.<