CYOR: BREATH OF MAFIA GAME THREAD

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking

that's me on the left

Welcome to Breath of Mafia, Breath of Fire-themed mafia game for twelve players or more.
da rules. read!!
Standard Rules:
Majority lynches, not plurality, which could allow for a no-lynch day
-No quoting mod PMs.
-No fake day actions (e.g. ##shoot cavedog when your role has not specified that you can do so)
-Days will be 2-4 days IRL
-Nights should be no more than 24 hours
-Try not to post after the hammer.
-To format your vote please type "##lynch targetname" in bold. ##cancel if you wish to remove your vote from someone but not put it on someone else yet.
-If you lurk there will be consequences
-Have fun, it's a game.

Game Specific Rules:
-After you sign up PM me some characters you would like to play as, in this game. You can be anyone you want from any breath of fire game!! ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVEN THE DUMB MONSTERS OR THE PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT OF THE SANDSHIP SSX TRICKY MINIGAME!! If you pick someone like Ryu, it would behoove you to tell me which version you are using (Ryu from Breath of Fire 1, Ryu from breath of fire 2, ryu from breath of fire 6NO
If you have no preference, you can tell me that in PM. If you sign up and do not Pm me, i will just make you be, like, the fat queen from breath of fire 2.
-I encourage you to send more than one, just try to put them in order of preference. If two or more people pick the same character I will either use your next preference, or in some cases use a different version of the character.
-Some roles will make sense with their flavour, some may not.
-I will do my best to balance this out, and it will be much less crazy than other CYORs, but as with any CYOR it won't be perfectly balanced as nobody will be vanilla.

how mafia works: stolen from the other thread
At the start of the game, every player will recieve a PM from me personally, stating their role. (This PM may be not be screenshotted or otherwise shared.)

Player roles in this game will be divided into 2 teams Town and Mafia.

Town
Town players are in the mayority. It's their objective to find kill each and every one of the Mafia players. When you are Town, you don't know the allignment of any of the other players, and you'll have to find out yourself who is Mafia, and kill them by vote.

Mafia
Mafia players are a minority. Only they know eachother's identities, and they can comunicate with eachother in a seperate chat that only they can read. Additionally, they can come together and kill one player of their choosing every night. As a Mafia player, your plan is to stay incognito, and act like a regular townie, while killing other townies at night. Mafia wins when there are just as many (or more) Mafia players as Town players.

In addition to this, there are also independent players. these players are not aligned with the mafia or the town, although their goals may coincide with either faction.

The game is divided in two turns:
- Day phase:

The game starts off with a day phase. During the day Everyone can talk in this very thread. Additionally, Everyone has the option of voting (publically) for who hey think should be killed that day- that includes the Mafia players! Once a certain amount of time has passed (usually 2-3 real life days) , the Day phase will end and Night phase will start. If more than half of the players alive have voted for one person before then, the day will automatically end and that person will be killed.

- Night phase:

During Night phase, Nobody is allowed to talk in this thread. However, Mafia can talk in their own, seperate thread. The Mafia players can also decide upon a player to kill to that night. Certain Town players may also have actions that they use during the night, which will be explained in more detail in their role PM's. After about 1 real life day, the night will end, all night actions will take effect, and another day will start.

Dead
When you have died(for instance by vote, or mafia kill) you will recieve a Pm stating your death and cause of death. From then on, you are never allowed to type in this thread anymore, and neither can you vote. When a player dies, their role and identity will be revealed as well.

Day 1 Start: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/16302/?post=574151#post574151
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Players:
1. wildwes
2. unity
3. Sooz
5. JJJ7 seiromem
6. Gourd_Clae
7.Ebeth
8. Isieri
10. Happy
12. Marrend

4. liberty Mafia-aligned Watcher Killed Night 1
11. Dudesoft Town-aligned general. Modkilled Day 2.
9. Platinum ashes Town-aligned Weird Wizard. Killed Day 2.

Replacements:

Jeroen
Man that was fast

also I haven't played BoF so what do

Edit: Alright I'll jump in and play too, I need more experience with mafia after all.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
that's fine. like i said, if you don't have a preference, i will just give you something.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
my goal is to get 12 players before liberty has a chance to look at this thread, thereby denying her what she craves most.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I sincerely hope this game won't start until the 29th, but if it starts afterwards, I'm in!
I guess I'll read up on BoF and send some roles in later.

Edit: If it does start this week, I guess it's fine, I just won't be very active until the 29th.
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm in :DDDDD
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I would like to try this! Unity's been talking these games up a lot. :3

ETA by "these games" I mean the mafia stuff, I don't know a lot about BoF. >_>;
unity
You're magical to me.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
-I will do my best to balance this out, and it will be much less crazy than other CYORs, but as with any CYOR it won't be perfectly balanced as nobody will be vanilla.

What's CYOR stand for, by the way? ^^;
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I think it stands for choose your own role, but I'm not 100% certain.
I never played BoF but I'll join anyway.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Jeroen_Sol
I think it stands for choose your own role, but I'm not 100% certain.

Ah, makes sense, seeing as that's what we're doing XD
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
CHALLENGE YONDER OGRE, ROGUE

i stole 'how to play mafias' from other thread and put it in the op, for..f.irst time player.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Vaguely interested in this, but, participation might be a little tricky.

I also have no clue which Nina character I might want to be.
unity
You're magical to me.
Hehe, maybe I'll change my avatar to the character I get.

...Unless we're supposed to hide what character we are.
I am fucking in. Breath of Fire? Dis my jam.

Too late, I found the thread~ Muahahahahaha! XD
@Unity I already know who Libby is so it might end up not mattering much.

I've played a little of the first one but otherwise I know little about the series. Give me whatever you want, Cave. I'm sure I'll make a lovely fat queen.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I want in! I've never played BoF so I'm good with any character.
Also first RMM mafia game! Woop!I'll try not to screw up too much
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I'll join. I'll try not to be as annoying this time.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
how have this many people on a gosh danged games forum not played a freaking breath of fire game