[RM2K] COLOR PALETTE OF RM2K?

Pages: 1
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm going to attempt to resurrect a very old RM2000 game for the Revive the Dead contest. I want to redraw the enemy sprites but I remember that you can't just use any colors willy-nilly without them being converted, so I was wondering if anyone had a palette of the required colors, or any information.

Also, do most people just use midis for RM2000 games these days, or do they work out someway to use MP3s?
All you really need is for them to be 256 colour depth. A good graphics program to use with RM2K/3 is iDraw (which is conveniently to be found in the utility section~) as it allows you to mess around with the palette itself and only saves in png/bmp. It also only allows for 256 colour images to be opened and saved. (And pro tip - the top-left colour on the palette is the background colour, thus the transparent one.)

As for midis, I'm not sure. I think there might have been a patch at one point but it may also have been for 2k3 instead of 2k. Perhaps also check the utility/plug-in section for that?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
This patch lets RM2K use MP3s.
author=Liberty
All you really need is for them to be 256 colour depth.
And hope the resulting color palette coincides with RM2k(3)'s internal 16bit palette without creating too many discolorations or messing up color gradients.

author=unity
[...] or any information.
download Bananen-Joe's Destiny Patch V2
Open RPG_RT.exe. 4th option from the top (images). Check 32bit and save.
So do what Liberty said and use all them colors willy-nilly... at least with graphic utilities that are half-decent or don't already limit themself beforehand.
Pages: 1