[POLL] FAVORITE LINK INCARNATION

Poll

Which of the following is your favorite incarnation of Link from Legend of Zelda? (They're not in any specific order by the way) - Results

Twilight Princess Incarnation
16%
Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Incarnation
21%
Skyward Sword Incarnation
2%
Toon Link incarnation (Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, Four Swords etc.)
35%
A Link Between Worlds Incarnation
5%
The Legend of Zelda Incarnation (the original game)
18%

Pages: first prev 123 next last
You forgot Link to the Past. Representing that awesome purple hairdo, and also the best game in the series by miles.

If I had to pick anything from your list it'd be Toon Link, specifically his appearance in the Wind Waker. Can't help but love such an original artstyle and world and stuff.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Link Between Worlds is the same incarnation as Link to the Past. His hair is sadly unpink though.
Just for Men in just five minutes. Gets out that unwanted gray AND unsightly pink.
My favorite is Toon Link. Because, as others has said - personality traits.

So, exactly how many different Links are there, being the same across games?
My favorite Link is OoT/MM!

Ocarina of Time IS my favorite game of all time! Beaten it wearing the Zora Tunic! Why do you think I'm blue?
author=Zephire98
Why do you think I'm blue?
Rough day at work, maybe? Fight with your significant other?

*dodges tomatoes*
Okay, okay. I know that was an awful joke.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Zephyr
Most of the games are unconnected except with a flimbsy timeline ordeal. They're almost always descendants and the reason that Link is silent is so the player can bring out their own personality in Link.

Also:

His sword gem should be blue too. :)
author=Zephyr

All I know for certain is that Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and Link to the Past are the same person. If you take the time to play them in order it's actually pretty solid too- you can really see why they chose to link it up like that.

Of course there are bonus points for those being some of my favourite Zelda games.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
According to the official history, I think Ocarina of Time splinters into 4 different timelines. And the Oracles happen after Link returns to the past as a child and leaves off. Then Oracle series and Link's Awakening.

Pretty sure LttP is when Link doesn't return to the past(?) And Ganondorf is able to rise to power in the past? I forget. It's a complete mess. When I get home (if I remember) I'll pull out the Hyrule Historia and post the timeline.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Py-PvkG1--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg

After Link is defeated by Ganondorf, the seven sages seal Ganondorf away in the sacred realm - where he is able to capture the entire triforce and create the dark world.

After LttP Link finished cleaning that up, I believe the story is that the triforce sends him to the continent that Holodrum and Labrynna are on so he can stop Ganon from being revived by Twinrova. Seasons comes first in the timeline, and it's heavily implied by the link feature that Holodrum and Labrynna can be easily travelled between- when you get a secret in Labrynna Link is implied to simply travel back to Holodrum in order to use it.

After Onox and Veran are defeated and Twinrova is stopped from reviving Ganon, Link attempts to sail back to Hyrule and winds up on Koholint Island. That's the last story involving the LttP link. (I'm not sure where Link Between Worlds takes place, but I'm fairly certain it isn't the same guy?)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Pizza
you can really see why they chose to link it up like that

hur hur hur hur hur link puns
You can view the theoretical timeline on zelda dungeon.net
It looks like a tree with many nonlinear branches.
Ocarina of time occurs at a critical junction which
splits into past and future.
I haven't played the Wind Waker because I've been trying to stop myself from playing it until I get a Wii U and play the Remake for MAXIMUM ENJOYMENT but I really like Toon Link and his expressions from all the gifs I see of him. He's so... much more alive than the others XD Really adorable

Second would be Skyward Sword Link. He has his funny moments
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
A hard choice because Link doesn't really have a personality, being sort of an avatar for the player of the game.

I'd probably have to go with the iteration of Link from LttP. That's probably the only time I'll ever see Link with pink hair.
author=Liberty
Where's Minish Cap on this list?

What? I liked that game.

I like Minish Cap too.
Like I said guys, I didn't add in all the games. But yes, Minish Cap was good.
Now you know better if you make another poll. Add them all or your gonna feel the heat!
Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Link. He is the first born, right?
As far as I know Skyward Sword is placed first in the official timeline so far, so N64 Link is second if any.
author=LockeZ
Link Between Worlds is the same incarnation as Link to the Past. His hair is sadly unpink though.

Fuck that lol

But yeah... probably the Twilight Princess incarnation. TP isn't one of my favs, but seriously, dat incarnation is badass.
Pages: first prev 123 next last