[POLL] WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE RMN STAFF MEMBER?

Poll

Who is your favorite RMN staff member? - Results

kentona
41%
Liberty
32%
Deckiller
6%
GreatRedSpirit
4%
Shinan
6%
Solitayre
8%

Pages: first prev 123 next last
author=LockeZ
What is a "contributer" staff member?

Someone who's not on staff but paid you a hundred bucks?
people I feel less guilty about bullying into running events or managing social web stuff
This is difficult.

I like Kentona,but me and Deckiller have had a Holmes and Moriarty style relationship. It's hard to decide~
I think I'm going to pick Liberty.

I pretty much like her attitude.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Going off topic slightly, I find myself wondering is it a cultural thing to tell people who you vote for? I've lived in a few countries but have only be eligible to vote in some of them, and I've never openly stated my voting choices, and neither have the vast majority of people I know. Discuss politics and issues yes, long and vehemently and into the early hours of multiple mornings, but actually declare who I would or did vote for, no never. Nor indeed would I want anyone to tell me, so I'm intrigued by this notion.

I'm not talking about voting for your favourite fictional entertainment persona, but the staff here are real people, and that's a different arena entirely.
Aw shucks, you all make me go doki doki in my kokoro~<3

That said, I can't vote anky since he's not on the list so I guess I gotta go with the bossman~ (or he'll lower my wages ;o; ) though, for the record, I think everyone does a great job and deserve all the votes!

Why no 'all' option? :<
I think I should be a douche and create multiple accounts just so I can vote them all up.

Seriously, they all contribute very much to this site and it's just not fair to have to choose one.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, nhubi, in politics, I would absolutely agree with you, but this is a forum where we all interact, so this poll actually has more in common with hazing. We love them all, but now we get to tease and rib them about this that and the other. In otherwords, what you're talking about is serious and has long term ramifications on a large scale. What's going on here is simply all in good fun.

I mean, the last poll was about everyone's favorite version of Link.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Hey pianotm, yes I realise the different level of importance, hence the line about a fictional persona, I was thinking about Link, but whist I don't place a high level of importance on this I do find it an interesting phenomenon that there is a difference between fictional and real but the fact that we interact in a virtual arena seems to add a level of unreality to the perception of other people here. It's almost like all us fall into the chasm between fictional and real for everyone else, so the natural reservations that some people have about revealing voting preferences seem to fall away.

I mean who we truly are on the other side of the keyboard may have little or no bearing on the persona we portray here (or inversely may be a completely true representation) and indeed is in some way fictional...and now I'm seriously veering off topic, even in a Welp forum.

So, in the spirit, I'd vote for Anky, but he's not there, so I voted for someone else :)
I dunno, I like all of 'em. XD There should be an 'All of the above option'. All of the mods do good work for the site, after all. =)
Yay! Someone picked Shinan! I was feeling sad after voting, seeing no votes. :<
Thank you random Shinan-lover~<3
There's no 'All' option because you're supposed to pick kentona

mwuahahaha The tables have been turned!

suckas ;P
Link, you troll. XD

Go go GRS and Shinan~ Best staff 2014~ ^.^
author=Avee
Leastfavorite?
Yeah, if you didn't see it earlier it said 'who's your favorite'

I better change it back. I don't want to sully the good reputation of these polls.

*that should put a stop to the threatening PM's
author=nhubi
Hey pianotm, yes I realise the different level of importance, hence the line about a fictional persona, I was thinking about Link, but whist I don't place a high level of importance on this I do find it an interesting phenomenon that there is a difference between fictional and real but the fact that we interact in a virtual arena seems to add a level of unreality to the perception of other people here. It's almost like all us fall into the chasm between fictional and real for everyone else, so the natural reservations that some people have about revealing voting preferences seem to fall away.

I mean who we truly are on the other side of the keyboard may have little or no bearing on the persona we portray here (or inversely may be a completely true representation) and indeed is in some way fictional...and now I'm seriously veering off topic, even in a Welp forum.

We are the faceless embodiments of our waking psyche, a mere reflection of a mask upon the restless water. Because who we are is distant from our persona, it's easy to speak our minds; The fragile falsehoods of reality can be set aside here, for our true selves are sheltered.
Voting preferences, that is the revealation of them, is something more influenced by local culture then anything else. I was raised in the Netherlands, and we don't discuss modern politics that much, more focused on the past then anything else, where when I lived with my family later when we moved to america was a eye openning experiance where people openly debate such things, and now here in Japan where such things are only discussed by old men at izakayas. I have seen 3 very distinct cultures, with 3 very different approaches to such ideas now, and I still have no answer why this is.
But on here, it is merely for fun, a jest in the midst of the unseen chaos lurking beneath the murky surface.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Well, Liberty is (if I recall correctly) the only mod that I got to talk to casually. Kentona, Shinan, GRS, and Solitayre were more on 'business' stuff or events or (for GRS) the occasional help with scripting.

Also, ever since I got here, I've never seen Deckiller anywhere. Same goes for Clyve.

And Ankylo, we all owe him for this site.

And with all those points aside, I've come to a decision. I choose...
Smithy Weber Jaggermanjensen!!!

Just Kidding. You all deserve an applause!

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=karins_soulkeeper
And with all those points aside, I've come to a decision. I choose...
Smithy Weber Jaggermanjensen!!!

OF COURSE! He was number one!

But I still voted Libby because she's just way too cool.
Well...the way I see it from my perspective, if WIP was still in charge of this place and Kentona was just a lowly nobody, I’ddddddd probably still wouldn’t be allowed to even be on here, and my longest running ban streak would probably be still going on right now at over four years strong… So, without Kentona giving me the all clear to come back, I’d probably still be just lurking and spying on all of you from the bushes, which I would have never met such wonderful new friends and played some amazing new games.

Plus, Kentona used to be from my neck of the woods, in the good ol’ heart of Surrey, B.C., where all the random shootings and gang violence now takes place. (Fun fact: we just had a random shooting here just a couple of days ago close to my house.)

Liberty would probably be the second choice if I was allowed to vote for another. I just like her style and how she handles things around here.

But in reality, you guys all do a good job around here. And yes, even Karsuman was a pretty good moderator back then. (There! I said it.)
Go to bed s4d. it's late.
Pages: first prev 123 next last