WIP THREAD (NON-GAME ONLY)

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Robbles_Quin
Hey Guys!

You have the wrong board for this. Your post would be better served here.

BEFORE THAT, however, read this
ESBY
extreme disappointment

Been playing about with the Mother 3 style for a bit while considering using it for GBP. Really heavily referenced at the moment but hopefully I can give my own twist on it and create something a little more original once I get accustomed to the style.
The large space on the bigger building is meant for a balcony I haven't got round to yet.
Looks nice, Erik. Some windows at the bottom would be nice.

Character concepts for a new project I've started working on:

Steam-Bjorn:

Steam-Bjorn's Brother:

Pierre, the Bossy Goat:

Bathroom Scene:

These are just rough outlines my artist did. We mostly just got together and did for the sake of getting started. And yes, the game will be that trippy crazy just from the looks of the art.
Loving that Pierre. Steam-Bjorn's bro, not so much XD

I'm also wondering what in the game necessitates a bathroom scene, and why are you looking INTO the toilet? Most intriguing.
S-B's Bro is not actually a pedophile, it was just my friend dicking around, adding that silly speech bubble.

It's a mini game and the scene introduces the player's options available in the bathroom. You can do various things in the bathroom, like playing with your cell phone, flexing in the mirror, use the toilet or masturbate. There will even be MLs; Masturbation Levels. Of course, all of these things will not really be shown graphically. xD

This is a very weird game I'm making together with a friend. It's going to be a simulating game, which simulates the experience of our job. We're making it a little more crazier though. ^^

I'm attempting a thing. I'm not too sure if I've over-detailed the shading or not (or if it's any good. This is very not my style - I'm more used to RTP >.<; )

real size will either be second or third (middle two)

Hm... trying to find an interesting design/idle stance.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
I barely drew in 2015 since tablet and laptop wasn't really practical but I've actually been drawing a bit the past few weeks which is exciting. A bunch of it is for my super secret new project which isn't really secret if you talk to me.

Work for Ara Fell trading cards!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

Took a break from the event game to practice art. I'm redesigning all the characters for Prayer of the Faithless, but I want to overhaul my line art and shading skills first. Starting with the former.

I'm trying a lot of new techniques this time around, mostly involving line weight experiments. Now, I'm drawing on a larger canvas (5000 x 5000 vs. the 1100x 1100 before), adding a thicker outline to make the image pop out more, and trying to add details to the clothes and hair. I don't hate the end result, but if you see something really off (other than the armor. I'm working on that), I'd appreciate any feedback!
nova that's improvement, got me teary eyed

edit: do keep on improving. forever. nothing is more beautiful than an artist that improves constantly.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Thanks Jo! I certainly intend to keep going as far as I can with this.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
doubt im going to finish this since i haven't touched it since i've had tons of work so.

new game.
Working with parallax mapping for the first time and it has been...interesting. If interesting meant a pain in my ass. First effort:

So, does anybody still go to these forums? Last post was a year a go but I desperately need feedback on my map. It's not complete yet, around 70%-80% completion I guess but feedback from my family and friends gets me nowhere.. Be as harsh as you can be please.. And tell me what to fix.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
You should post in the screenshot thread instead of here because nobody uses this thread for evaluating screenshots, this one is more intended for wip pics of art and such not so much screenshots.

It's called screenshot survival 20xx, because caring about casual users understanding at first glance what the thread is about is for pansies.
author=Mirak
You should post in the screenshot thread instead of here because nobody uses this thread for evaluating screenshots, this one is more intended for wip pics of art and such not so much screenshots.

It's called screenshot survival 20xx, because caring about casual users understanding at first glance what the thread is about is for pansies.

Ah my bad.. I uploaded a game here a year ago but I never really interacted with the forums.. Thank you, I'll post it there.

WIP Pixelart...
As you can see, it is very basic and noobie.
Also, I am in a crossroads on what color will the mountains be.
grey, brown, or lush green mountain?
Art isn't my strong suit, but here's what I've managed for a title screen:

Any suggestions for improvements? Do I need to do something to frame the character portraits?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
an easy one
put some brackets around these faces.