[RMVX ACE] A SKILL REPLACING ANOTHER SKILL WHEN YOU HP REACHES A CERTAIN POINT

Pages: 1
In a game I'm working on I'm thinking that instead of different skill level (such as Fire 1,Fire 2, ect) I want a skill to grow stronger the lower your HP is. For example, If a character knows Fire and their HP drops below 50%, Fire will be replaced with Fire 2. I believe I got this to work with events but It is really difficult to navigate and very confusing. I was just looking for a script to make this easier. I have no idea what to type in the search to find a script like this, so it would be very helpful if you guys knew of such a script.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I don't know about VX Ace, but Libby says that most things work for RM2K3 work on VX Ace and on 2K3, there's literally an event command to change skills. You can literally use it on monster fights and make it a triggered event and one of the trigger conditions is the hero's HP levels. Now, if it's the same in VX Ace, then it's probably just as tedious to tie it to EVERY monster fight, but that's it; just one command and a trigger.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you want all the skills to always be in the skill list and just be grayed out, Yanfly's Skill Restriction Script is what you want.

If you want the skill to actually be replaced, then eventing sounds simpler.
This script seems to do what you're looking for: http://himeworks.com/2013/05/skill-change/

Another way would be to include such properties in the damage formula. For example a.mhp-a.hp would do 1 damage for every missing hitpoint.
Pages: 1