LINK LOVERS; GOOD NEWS

Pages: 1
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Remake or port?
Figured this would happen eventually.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Looks to be the same treatment that Ocarina of Time had.

Still though, FINALLY! I've been getting death threats from all my friends saying that I have no right to call myself a gamer until I play Majora's Mask since it's the best adventure game ever made*. I'm not that big of a Zelda fan (Except for Link's Awakening. That game kicked ass!), and I wasn't all gushing over Ocarina of Time. But I always thought Majora's Mask looked interesting, and was going to get it if it came out for 3DS.

* It's funny, I thought everyone said this about Ocarina? Why the sudden change of heart?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
The systems and mechanics behind Majora's Mask and the time loop are... incredibly strange and interesting. I just want to play with them and experiment with them and make weird impending-doomlikes.

I am excited for another chance to study it :D
I'm totally psyched about this. The N64 games had ridiculously horrible controls, which the 3DS versions fixed up nicely. I've never actually beaten MM before so this is the perfect opportunity for me.

By the by, that entire Nintendo Direct was great. They fucking killed it as usual.
Am I a Link lover? I think I am (in a platonic sense). Alas, I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loathes Majora's Mask. :(

Of course, I was like 8 or 9 the first time I tried playing it, had no idea what I was doing, and by the time I got to the door to the first temple, it was the end of the third day. So I was all like "FUCK THIS" and I haven't touched the game in over 10 years. Maybe I should give it a second chance...

Loved the rest of that Nintendo Direct, though. Oh Xenoblade...
Another good reason to own a nintendo 3DS.
I couldn't complete Majora's Mask because I take too long to finish the dungeons "OTL
I screamed and cried.
Mostly because I can finally revisit the Deku Palace whenever I want. Plus Deku Princess is my favorite character. And I can't wait to play as Deku Link to get hit by that cute dog.
Dekus are great.

But no really, I'm super happy they're doing this.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I'm kind of "meh" about this. I didn't like Majora's Mask on the basis that it felt way too punishing to play. Yeah, I may just be bad at the game, but having to repeat whole sections after screwing up over and over really wore on my nerves.

I guess the hardcore Zelda fans will enjoy this, though.
Reverse Song of Time, folks.

But yeah, I'm pretty exited for this! I even signed the "Operation Moonfall" petition that sprung up after OoT 3D was released, haha. I'm kind of curious to see how they'll handle saving in this version. The owl statues are cool, but kinda inconvenient for a portable game.
Finally!!! I was wondering what the hell was taking them so long…

I remember when I first got Majora’s Mask for the N64 when it first came out that I was super hyped to play it, especially after finishing Ocarina Of Time, played it for a little while, and then I just…stopped. I’m not sure exactly why, considering this was still around the time that I still frequently played video games a lot. I don’t really wanna say it was because of the three day time mechanic and how everything was done up differently compared to the previous games, but I would be lying a little if I didn’t say that was probably one of the main reason why I initially stopped.

I eventually finished Majora’s Mask a few years later just a grand total of one, whole time. Yep, that’s it; just once. But I remember getting every single mask and getting most of the heart pieces, except for a few, so I was pretty satisfied overall in the end. It’s not my favorite Zelda game, but, looking back at it, I appreciated what they did to change things up a little bit. It takes balls to make something like that when they could have just made a straight follow-up to Ocarina Of Time in every single way, like they kind of did with Twilight Princess.

Yeah, if you guys haven’t played it, you should definitely consider picking it up and giving it a go. I’m sure the 3DS version will have a couple of new additions to it to make it even better than the N64 one.
Some of the lighting doesn't look as dim as it should in some shots and the cover art lacks the cool comic book ink shadows the original art had. But better looking than the OoT port at least.
YESSSSS!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!! Finally!

.. and my 3DS is gone. But still! This is so goddamn awesome. This whole game is one big metaphor, and there are so many great details to have .. it's a must-play.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Today is a good day.

I love me some Majora's Mask. I was initially scared to play it because of the three-day rule, but I finally got the courage and played it, and it's been my favourite Zelda game ever since.

author=Zeuzio
Reverse song of time, folks.
This. The only thing that became slightly challenging to do fast enough was the fairy collection if you used the reverse song of time.
Pages: 1