CAN´T PLAY MUSIC WITH RPG MAKER 2003

Pages: 1
Help! For some odd reason I can´t play music with my RPG Maker 2003. The music works outside of the program so I don´t know what to do. Help someone, please?
I'm guessing you're having a trouble with midis. I find that some midis don't work in rm2k3, not sure why but I'm assuming it's because the midi might have too many instruments or too complicated? Some midis also happen to miss an instrument or two sometimes.

...We need a music expert in here. :(
I do not know how experienced you are with the program, but as a start, make sure that you are using Midis or MP3s(Waves work too, but are not recommended). Using anything else will result in nothing happening.
No midis or MP3s work with the program, not even the RTP music. Wawes work.
You might try opening up your windows media player and rm2k3. Then play a midi in the media player and a midi in rm2k3 at the same time. Then exit out of media player without stopping the music.

If that works its a bug that happens with the harmony.dll, if you are using versions 1.04 and below, its because the harmony.dll uses windows mediaplayer to play midis,(not waves), and if you pause or stop a midi while in mediaplayer and then exit without starting it again, it can no longer play midis.
My suggestion though is if you are using v1.04 or below is to upgrade to 1.09, more features.
This might not be it, but this happens to me:

When you listen to a MIDI in Media Player the SW Synth Volume automatically mutes itself for some reason and you can't listen to it in RPG Maker. Go into your Control Panel and turn it back on.
Little wing probably has it. The bug is not in the harmony dll, but is usually caused by the fact that WMP turns SW down when you play a midid and close the program.

EDIT: I just totally repeated little wing...should have read the whole thing instead of scanning for "SW Synth"...
Also though, if you use rm2k3 v1.05 or higher, it doesn't use the harmony.dll to play music, instead the rpg_rt.exe uses microsoft directsound to play all types of music, if thats the case though I can't really help you with a directsound error.
Well I was somehow able to fix it a little. MP3s finally work, midis still don´t.
LWG had it, mostly. Sometimes, on the rare occasions I use RM2k/3, I find that the SW Synth mutes from opening the maker itself. As long as you edit the volume in the control panel AFTER opening the maker it should work.

If thats not it then i don't know what to say.
author=Quiversee link=topic=1660.msg26303#msg26303 date=1217846442
LWG had it, mostly. Sometimes, on the rare occasions I use RM2k/3, I find that the SW Synth mutes from opening the maker itself. As long as you edit the volume in the control panel AFTER opening the maker it should work.

If thats not it then i don't know what to say.
That's happened to me. The volume for SW Synth is lowered to 0 automagically when I open RM2k3.
Pages: 1