[RM2K3] BATTLE EVENT NOT BEING CALLED EVERY TIME THAT IT SHOULD

Pages: 1
I have a Battle Event tab that triggers on "Turns Elapsed ", which should mean once every turn. However, if I just let all enemies attack at the start of a battle, sometimes the event doesn't trigger on their turn if they have the same AGI stat value as other enemies. It's almost like their attacks all come out at once too fast because the event will be triggered for the first few/several enemies and then the last couple will decide to skip the event trigger and just do their attack. A couple scenarios: 4 enemies doing a volley of attacks, only the first 3 trigger the event; 8 enemies doing a volley of attacks, only the first 5 trigger the event.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

This could very well be an erroneous thing about RM2k3 that I will just have to deal with if there is no kind of successful workaround.
I have a system that does this sort of thing too, and I no longer remember exactly why I've done things the way I have to work around problems like this. X) Looking at it, though, I suspect that if you have pages that trigger specifically on a particular monster elapsing a turn, before the page that's triggered by generic turns elapsing, it'll force the triggering to happen more reliably. You might need similar pages for the heroes' turns elapsing too.

Another tidbit you may find useful: if you set up a page to trigger based on a switch, the system won't even check for it unless the action which was taken that turn is one which changes a switch value (a monster action set to turn on a switch, a skill that turns on a switch, etc.). If you want it to really trigger whenever the switch is on, it's better to make it an every-turn trigger, then place a conditional branch to check for the switch being on.
Thanks for the tips. I tried the enemy-activated switch thing before the generic turn elapsed event, but no luck.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Can you post screenshots of the settings for the event, please?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, I've never heard of this problem, but it sounds like you already figured it out before you asked us.
author=LockeZ
Well, I've never heard of this problem, but it sounds like you already figured it out before you asked us.

Actually no, I hadn't figured this out yet, but this issue is only really affecting like two things (updating two variables) right now which are not really game-breaking.

This might have something to do with PepsiOtaku's ATB Overhaul plug-in, which I'm using currently so I will have to look into that as well.
Pages: 1